PDA

View Full Version : Schools in dallas area for State Title

JHS_c/o_06'
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Ok....so im stuck here in dallas....grand prairie for the moment.....and i was wondering...are there any 2a 3a 4a or 5a D1 or D2 schools (besides SLC) that have a good shot at winning a state title this year.

Cause if i gotta enroll up here...im going somewhere where i got a shot at getting a ring.

me and my friends joked that if what happend to studens in LA cause of Katrina happened to us in Jasper....that we were all going to SLC....but unbeknowest to us.....SLC...just happens to be the RICHEST part of dallas. Well...it happend to us....so...i gotta know....yall please help me out.

kepdawg
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Do you have any idea how long it will be before Jasper ISD is open again?

Reports are it could be two months or more before power is restored.

Matthew328
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
what is up Euless Trinity!!!!

Matthew328
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
their district counterpart South Grand Prairie ain't bad either!

mwynn05
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
what is up Euless Trinity!!!! Trinity is looking very good. MacArthur has a strong team but I don't know about winning state SLC but liek you said rich....and closer to ft worth than dallas and i would say Highland Park but it's much richer than SLC

kepdawg
09-26-2005, 11:02 PM
The first DFW area schools that came to mind that could seriously contend this year are SLC, Euless Trinity, and Celina. There are certainly numerous other area schools that have great programs and would be a great experience. I really hope you don't have to be anything other than a Jasper Bulldog!

JHS_c/o_06'
09-26-2005, 11:25 PM
if i had a choice...id rather my state ring have a Crimson 'J' surrounded by diamonds.....but after working this hard for so long...if i cant get it there..ill go wherever it takes

kmac7
09-26-2005, 11:35 PM
come to gainesville we have a good shot at winning state this year.. Gainesville is located just 69 miles north of dallas, a very easy drive

SintonFan
09-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Ok....so im stuck here in dallas....grand prairie for the moment.....and i was wondering...are there any 2a 3a 4a or 5a D1 or D2 schools (besides SLC) that have a good shot at winning a state title this year.

Cause if i gotta enroll up here...im going somewhere where i got a shot at getting a ring.

me and my friends joked that if what happend to studens in LA cause of Katrina happened to us in Jasper....that we were all going to SLC....but unbeknowest to us.....SLC...just happens to be the RICHEST part of dallas. Well...it happend to us....so...i gotta know....yall please help me out.
You do know that every team wins state from Dallas every year?:D :( :p ;)
No conspiracy... although sometimes one does finish second though. :D :D :D

JR2004
09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Dallas Madison has a shot at the 3a state title. They've got a defense that I think is good enough to carry them to a state title. If they can put it all together on the offensive side of the ball and quit having to depend on the defense to win every game, they'll be playing in December in my opinion.

JMcGee
09-27-2005, 09:14 AM
If theres any chance in hell you can get into SLC that would prob almost about a 85 % chance you will get a ring.

Ranger05
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I would go to Celina, there lookin pretty salty this year, I hope newton and celina meet in the state championship.

Old Tiger
09-27-2005, 10:17 AM
The Carter Cowboys! :D

highschool fan
09-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
I would go to Celina, there lookin pretty salty this year, I hope newton and celina meet in the state championship.

that would be a good game. however, newton will be D1 and Celina will be D2.

Ranger05
09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by highschool fan
that would be a good game. however, newton will be D1 and Celina will be D2. Whats celina's enrollment this year

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
just move to sinton... we are close to the beach :)

jason
09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
think about it, if you go to some huge 5A school, the chances of you being able to play are slim...

gainesville will not win state this year...

madison will not win state this year...

if you truly want to win state, and actually get playing time, ii would go to celina...they are going to walk to the 2A state title, and they blow people out so even their scrubs get to play...

highschool fan
09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
think about it, if you go to some huge 5A school, the chances of you being able to play are slim...

gainesville will not win state this year...

madison will not win state this year...

if you truly want to win state, and actually get playing time, ii would go to celina...they are going to walk to the 2A state title, and they blow people out so even their scrubs get to play...

come on jason, make up your mind. you said every team is allowed one bad game a season. gainesville just happened to have their's the week you saw them, and they still won. but come to think of it, you said they wouldn't win 2 years ago also. so just keep that thought.

jason
09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
come on jason, make up your mind. you said every team is allowed one bad game a season. gainesville just happened to have their's the week you saw them, and they still won. but come to think of it, you said they wouldn't win 2 years ago also. so just keep that thought.

oh who asked you :D

looks like our agreeing to disagree streak is back on track LOL.....

highschool fan
one other thing, celina don't allow walk-on's, you have to be recruited to play there.

highschool fan
oh who asked you :D

looks like our agreeing to disagree streak is back on track LOL.....

seems like that's what we do best :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2005, 10:47 AM
one other thing, celina don't allow walk-on's, you have to be recruited to play there.

:D :D :eek: :D

kmac7
09-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Gainesville is the best 3a school in the metroplex, will more than likely win state and is very affordable to live in.. i can send you brochures if you would like..

highschool fan
09-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by kmac7
Gainesville is the best 3a school in the metroplex, will more than likely win state and is very affordable to live in.. i can send you brochures if you would like..

the houses in gainesville are priced pretty good. they are in the top 5-10% in cities that have the highest taxes though. my taxes in gainesville was close to double my taxes in lewisville.

kmac7
09-27-2005, 11:12 AM
oh and if you love old people Gainesville is a mecha of old people!!!

jason
09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
will more than likely win state ill take the rest of 3a in that bet...anything you want....

:D

kmac7
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
ill take the rest of 3a in that bet...anything you want....

:D

its bad luck to bet on your favorite team..

jason
09-27-2005, 12:33 PM
its bad luck to bet on your favorite team.. ok ok, im gonna have to meet up with you at a gainesville playoff game this year...plan on something before the game vs wylie though :D

JHS_c/o_06'
09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
well...there is a change of plans...my moms boss called and she has to go back to work tomorrow....but instead of working in jasper...they are making her go to houston....and i cant go and stay with her. So instead of staying with my great aunt in dallas...i now have to go to my cousin's house in lubbock...and if i enroll in another school...it will be Frenship. It appears they are in the playoffs every year and make it at least 3 rounds deep. What can yall tell me about them.

mwynn05
09-27-2005, 01:37 PM
is it that bad in jasper that there wont be a jasper this year in football?

spiveyrat
09-27-2005, 01:46 PM
My wife saw a quote from a Jasper policeman today in the news stating it could be a couple of months before they have electricity. Unless they get some generators into the school(s), I don't see how the schools could open. Then, even if the schools have electricity (whether by generator or not), some people will still be without electricity and may not be willing to "rough it" for however long it takes. It's a bad BAD situation.

QuickSix
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
No offense...but Jasper wasn't exactly tearing this season up anyway. Not sure they would have made the playoffs or done much damage.

Still...all of those TX boys looking for a place to play are welcome in Central TX.

Jasperdog94
09-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Jasper wasn't tearing it up last year either...until the playoffs.

leopards,class of 75
09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know the top 10 ratings for 3-A?

j_dog
09-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, don't write off the teams from SE Texas just yet. At least four out of the six teams in Jasper's district are probably in about the same shape as Jasper. The reports I have from Silsbee are that it looks like a war zone down there. The center of the eye passed almost directly over Silsbee. Ditto for Buna and Kirbyville. I don't know how well Shepherd and Coldspring fared in the storm, but they are the only two schools which were not in the direct path of the storm.

Per an article in the Houston Chronicle today, the suggestion is that a district does not have to get in all the games in order to send teams to the playoffs.

Here is the link:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/fb/fbh/3372785

Jasperdog94
09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
I've come to the conclusion that there are no good solutions. Just lesser degrees of poor choices.

Gobbler Fan
09-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Cuero will welcome Jasper students with open arms :D

Jasperdog94
09-28-2005, 11:04 AM
How nice. You are just toooooo generous.:p

Ranger Mom
09-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
well...there is a change of plans...my moms boss called and she has to go back to work tomorrow....but instead of working in jasper...they are making her go to houston....and i cant go and stay with her. So instead of staying with my great aunt in dallas...i now have to go to my cousin's house in lubbock...and if i enroll in another school...it will be Frenship. It appears they are in the playoffs every year and make it at least 3 rounds deep. What can yall tell me about them.

That is where my step-son moved to this summer. He started school there this year and really likes it.

He's a junior!

j_dog
09-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero will welcome Jasper students with open arms :D
any particular ones you are interested in???? :D naw, they are not for sale. :p

West22
09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
not sure how many could make slc squad.Trinity may be the best 5a in area ,celina is probably a cinch .madison and gainesville arent bad.the rest would be a crap shoot .

West22
09-28-2005, 11:02 PM
jasper , b/h would be a good school in your area.