PDA

View Full Version : I laugh in the face of danger

JHS_c/o_06'
09-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok ppl....im still alive and my house is fine. Around 1am on saturday...i decided to get a few hours of sleep before the eye hit Jasper and i wouldnt be able to sleep. When i woke up.....it was daylight outside.....i slept through the WHOLE thing. When i get the camera developed...ill put some pictures up of the destruction and whatnot. There were trees and power poles down everywhere....but very little property damage done to Jasper.

On another note....there is NO power. And it could be anywhere from a week to a month before they get it back. And heres what im wondering.
1. What should i do about school and my SENIOR YEAR of football.
2. What is the UIL gonna do, Jasper County is pretty much district 22-3a. And if they have no power..how can we play. If we cant play, no one makes it to the playoffs. and if no one makes it to the playoffs....are 3 teams just gonna have a bye week or what.

This has all gotten me really upset, i have no idea where half of my friends are (im in dallas now btw...kinda crazy to ride out the storm THEN evacuate) and this damn storm is cutting into my senior year. And not just mine...there are alot of other ppl in my same position.

Anyway......i hope and pray that everyone else weathered the storm ok...i know that no one died.....but i hope everyone is injury free and i hope there was as little damage to your homes as possible.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm glad you made it out okay. :)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-25-2005, 09:58 PM
me more-so than you....lol

RMAC
09-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I would think that the UIL cares about getting your lives back to normal ASAP and whatever they could do they would. And getting it back to normal would mean playing football every week. I would guess that yall (dist. 23) would just move games to surrounding towns when that team is on the road. I'll pray for you, I can't imagine of that happened up here and crapped up my sr. year.

Buccaneer
09-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Just play on Saturday during the day!