PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Cat22
09-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone, my family and I got out of Orangefield on Thursday and we are safe in Marshall. I've been getting bad news all day about the destruction in Orangefield. I think my house may be destroyed. I do not have comformation on this because there are so many trees down that no one can get down the road. My house is surrounded by trees, so the outlook does not look that good. Maybe we were lucky and were spared, but not likely. I'm going to try to go back on Monday to see if I can get in. If not, I'm not sure what we are going to do. I have family in Clear Lake that we may have to stay with for a while. I heard that it may be November before we have power. I can't imagine that. Hope everyone is safe, and keep us in your prayers.

BHBrave08
09-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey Cat22. Hope that everything turns out ok with your house. I will be praying for you. Good luck.

3ABirdMan
09-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Howdy, neighbor!

As posted in another thread, my brother-in-law is going back in the am. I live off of 408, and he is going to go by and check on my house. I will let you know what he sees.

Cat22
09-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey I live on 408 too by the post office in Orangefield. Heard that there was an oil derek that fell over the Cow Bayou bridge in OF and alot of trees down on 408.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Sure sorry to hear that, 22. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think. Thankfully, you're still here! :)

Cat22
09-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah everyone in my family is fine. Hopefully I will find out today from some people who are in Orangefield how my house faired. I know my brother, Bobkat on here, his house is fine. Hopefully my will be the same.