PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Cowboys??

true_blue_tiger
08-02-2003, 08:59 PM
They were winning 20-0 when they went off the air with 1 series left apiece.

sinton66
08-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Well, last I heard, it was 20-14.

true_blue_tiger
08-02-2003, 11:47 PM
I dont think so, they were winning 20-0 and the Texans only had one more series left. At that point, the Cowboys hat 279 yds of total O, while the Texans had 39 yds.

sinton66
08-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Ok, but they reported 20-14 on the Houston TV stations. I saw highlights of David Carr throwing a TD pass, then his back up doing the same. So, I guess you can believe what you want. wink

<small>[ August 03, 2003, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
08-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Hmmm...I was watching "Beyond the Glory" last night about Tony Hawk and when they came in with their sports news break, they said it was 26-14.

true_blue_tiger
08-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Aight, I know what the deal was, when they went off TV it was 20-0 Cowboys. I guess the Texans got a few on their last series. My bad.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2003, 12:27 PM
I guess Dallas must of got another one too. Maybe there were more "series" left than we were led to believe..huh?

true_blue_tiger
08-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Well what it is, they each got 5 series of 10 plays. If they were driving they got to keep going, and if they scored pretty quick, they still had a few plays to go. So I'm guessing the Texans scored pretty quick at the end. I don't know why they didn't finish broadcasting it. Anyways, how do y'all think the Cowboys and the Texans will do this year?

Old Tiger
08-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I was listening to something on a houston radio station that you can place a bet and if the Texans win the super bowl u get however much there odds are. The odds i think were 1/1,000,000

Bulldog92
08-03-2003, 03:18 PM
I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and they'll be a lot more competitive and fun to watch this year, but the schedule is brutal and I can't see them doing much better from a win/loss standpoint than maybe 6-10 or 7-9. It's gonna take some time to get back to where they need to be. The Texans will be a little better and should be around 5-11.

Gilmer Buckeye
08-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Didn't I read today that the Texans' first unit on defense didn't play at all last night?

I was one of the biggest Cowboy fans on the planet when I was a kid, but that was then. The Cowboys are so 20th Century. Houston is the team of the future. They've got a world-class facility and a very talented QB in Carr.

Plus, their punter, Chad Stanley, is one of the finest in the league. It's a good thing because he obviously had to punt a lot last season.

He hails from just up the road from here in Ore City. He quarterbacked the Rebels several rounds into the 2A playoffs one year in about 1993 or so.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind at all if Jerry Jones would follow Bud Adams' example and leave the state. I think the Little Rock Sowboys has a nice ring to it.

sinton66
08-03-2003, 08:56 PM
You are correct, the Texan's 1st unit defense did not play. They have a couple injured they were wanting to rest, and they wanted to take a good look at their back-ups.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey Guys, it was only a scimmage, until they play in the real season it does not mean a thing! They play in a few weeks in a pre season game, and that one also will not count! So until the Cowboys play the Texans in the real season, and beat them then, you Cowboy fans can talk. As it stands now it is Texans 1 and 0 over the boys!!! :D

Chris Hart
08-03-2003, 09:38 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey Guys, it was only a scimmage, until they play in the real season it does not mean a thing! They play in a few weeks in a pre season game, and that one also will not count! So until the Cowboys play the Texans in the real season, and beat them then, you Cowboy fans can talk. As it stands now it is Texans 1 and 0 over the boys!!! :D Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and again. Let's wait 15 years down the road and look at the series record. The Cowboys always have been and always will be America's team. 8 Superbowl appearances and 5 Superbowl titles, who can argue with that? Cowboys Rock! :D :D :D :p

sinton66
08-03-2003, 09:42 PM
We all understand that, but Bud Adams isn't here anymore(thank God!). Maybe we can support both Texas teams?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-03-2003, 11:21 PM
So lets compare the Texans to a blind hog. The Cowboys, are Americas team in the eyes of Cowboy fans, and yes there are a lot off yall, but you give the Texans some credit and dont call them blind hogs, just because they beat the Cowboys last season, let's wait that 15 years, and then let's see what the comparison will be, before you start calling a team a blind hog!!! :mad:

Chris Hart
08-04-2003, 03:32 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
So lets compare the Texans to a blind hog. The Cowboys, are Americas team in the eyes of Cowboy fans, and yes there are a lot off yall, but you give the Texans some credit and dont call them blind hogs, just because they beat the Cowboys last season, let's wait that 15 years, and then let's see what the comparison will be, before you start calling a team a blind hog!!! :mad: That is just an old saying I've heard all of my life, I wasn't trying to offend you. But on the other hand IMO there will always only be one Pro Football team in Texas and that's the BOYS. The old Oilers when they were here and the Texans are just considered part of Mexico in my book. :D :D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Face it, there are two Texas teams in the NFL, just because you are a Cowboy fan, you don't have to call the Texans names, and now you consider they are from Mexico! I always hope the Cowboys win, when they are playing a out of state team, simply because they are from Texas, but when there are fans that call the Texans names and say they are a part of Mexico, I think I will cheer for the other team, from now on!! :mad:

JasperDog94
08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
I find it rather odd that instead of talking about the scrimmage on the radio, they are redoing the broadcast of last years Cowboys/Texans game. You can live in the past all you want to, but all that matters is the next game. Being a hugh Cowboy fan in an office of all Texan fans was really tough last season, but that season is now over. GET OVER IT! When you have a year and a half to prepare for your first ballgame, you should win it. Especially with the modern era of free agency.

I am trying to be a Texans fan. Living in the Houston area, I want to support the team. But every time people talk about the Texans, all people want to talk about is last years Cowboys/Texans game. It's over and done with. Let's move on.

By the way. The only major thing that the news in Houston mentioned about the scrimmage was that it was supposed to be a no contact with the quarterback and the Cowboys got to him three times. Then when I saw it on replay, the guy barely got hit and the Cowboys player helped him up and patted him on the helmet. It's kinda hard to stop on a dime when you're running full speed.

GO COWBOYS!

Chris Hart
08-05-2003, 02:38 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Face it, there are two Texas teams in the NFL, just because you are a Cowboy fan, you don't have to call the Texans names, and now you consider they are from Mexico! I always hope the Cowboys win, when they are playing a out of state team, simply because they are from Texas, but when there are fans that call the Texans names and say they are a part of Mexico, I think I will cheer for the other team, from now on!! :mad: Lighten up and learn to take a joke, geez! :p