PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Texas NCAA 2004 Nat'l Championship in Basketball

Phil C
05-02-2003, 08:16 AM
or maybe a very good shot at it! Without T.J. Ford they may be good but not good enough to even make the sweet 16 next year unless they get a very good recruit like Syracuse with Carmel Anthony did which is not likely. At least Anthony left after he got Syracuse a National Championship. Of course no one can blame Ford for going for the money now due to injury risk situation. But it is sure a shame for Texas because they had a great chance for it next year with Ford. Without Ford - nada.

Phil C
05-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Of course after what happened to Willis McGahee you can't blame the players for going for the big money what they can. Most of us would probably do the same thing if we were that fortunate to be gifted.

Phil C
05-02-2003, 01:16 PM
I also forgot that the final four tounament next year in NCAA Division 1 Men's basketball is in San Antonio which would have given Texas the home field advantage. Too bad.

Showtime33
05-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, The Horns hopes of a national title run next season took a major blow by Ford going to the draft. Now I would have to say Duke just might be the team to beat next year.

big daddy russ
05-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Definitely Duke. I'd be willing to bet that the Devils and UConn will wind up meeting in the Championship. North Carolina, Arizona, Kentucky, and Texas Tech are a few others I'd look out for.