PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Lakeview

snytigbaseb07
09-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Snyder won 47-0

wow what a blowout for homecoming, official stats are coming soon!

goo tigers, 5-0 baby!

sweetwater07
09-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Good Win Snyder...I'm not gonna praise too much because everyone knows Lakeview is not the greatest but none the less good win!
GO 4-3A!!

snytigbaseb07
09-24-2005, 05:20 PM
haha ya but they beat us last year, so its a big deal around here!!!

i cant for next week, im pretty sure we have andrews...so ya we expect to go 6-0

snytigbaseb07
09-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Snyder aritcle

SNYDER — D’White Wells and the Snyder High School football team stayed perfect with a 47-0 victory against winless Lake View on Friday at Tiger Stadium.

Wells rushed for 101 yards and one touchdown and caught five passes for 169 yards and two touchdowns while Tigers quarterback Matt Reigh rushed for 42 yards and two touchdowns and passed for 198 more yards and three scores for the Tigers, ranked No. 4 in the latest Associated Press poll. Snyder will face Andrews next week before it begins District 4-3A play.

The Chiefs will look for their first win of the season next week against another District 4-3A team in Merkel. Lake View was shut out for the third time in four games.

"I am extremely disappointed in myself," Lake View head coach Tim Reid said. "I thought we were fixing to break out and play well, but I misjudged that. We played hard — we just didn’t get it done. Whatever we are doing is not the right thing. We have got to find a way to put points on the board."

On the game’s opening drive, the Chiefs stopped the Tigers on a fourth-and-seven play from the Lake View 17-yard line, but failed to gain more than 1 yard after getting the ball.

On Snyder’s second possession, the Tigers took a 6-0 lead on a 1-yard run by Reigh with 3:42 left in the first quarter. The two-point conversion attempt failed.

After a Lake View punt, the Tigers added to their lead in a hurry. On first-and-10 at his own 18-yard line, Reigh unloaded a deep pass to Wells, who was well behind the Lake View defense and ran in for an 82-yard score to make it 12-0 after the two-point conversion pass failed.

After another Lake View punt, the Tigers drove to the Lake View 7-yard line, but fumbled at the 4-yard line. The Chiefs took over there, but again could only manage 1 yard before having to punt.

Snyder took over at the Lake View 36-yard line and drove to the Lake View 16, where Reigh connected with Johnny Vasquez for a 16-yard score and a 20-0 lead after Reigh ran in the two-point conversion with 41 seconds left in the first half.

Lake View quarterback Ethan Reid was sacked on the first play following the score, and the Chiefs let the first-half clock run out. Snyder outgained Lake View 270 yards to 30 in the first 24 minutes.

"Early on, things went our way," Snyder head coach Chad Rogers said. "We have been on the other side of that, too. Lake View has a good football team."

The Tigers struck quickly for a pair of scores to begin the second half. Lake View’s Jonathan Keele fumbled the kickoff to open the half, and Snyder’s Blake Knipe scooped it up at the Lake View 22-yard line and ran it in. The extra point was no good, and the Tigers led 26-0 with 11:49 left in the third quarter.

The Chiefs were forced to punt on their next possession, but the snap was mishandled by punter Ethan Reid, and he had to fall on it at the Lake View 12-yard line. Wells ran it in on first down to give the Tigers a 33-0 lead after Lance Day’s PAT was good with 10:29 left in the third quarter.

Late in the third quarter and early in the fourth, the Tigers scored twice in a span of 1:19. Reigh scored from six yards out with 12 seconds left in the third quarter to five Snyder a 40-0 lead after Chris Smith’s PAT.

When the Chiefs fumbled away the ensuing kickoff return, it took the Tigers three plays to get in the end zone. Reigh found Wells again, this time for a 34-yard score. Smith kicked the extra point to round out Snyder’s scoring with 10:53 left in the game.

thats is for now

BHBrave08
09-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Wow. 47-0. Kinda a blowout huh. Good job Snyder.