PDA

View Full Version : Jasper conditions?

spiveyrat
09-24-2005, 11:22 AM
If anyone can inform of the conditions in Jasper, please do so. It looks like Rita's eye went right over or very close to Jasper. Thanks.

marlin Fan
09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
was looking at CNN there was a very big cell over Jasper they said there was some flooding. and a lil wind damage i think...

chaingang
09-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Spivey, my mom is at the lake and I cant get ahold of her. The last I talked was that it wasnt very good. Im trying to be as optomistic as possible but I really dont know. I know Kirbyville was rocked!!!!

spiveyrat
09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks, guys. If anyone hears anything else, please pass it on. I have contacted all my family and everyone is fine. I'm just interested if my parents have a tree through their house or not. So far, the highest wind speed I've seen was taken at the Lake Livingston dam... 119 mph. And that's MANY miles inland! :eek:

spiveyrat
09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
is the wos board down?

3ABirdMan
09-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Just talked to someone from BC who went to Woodville - Siad it was VERY rough. Lots of downed trees and lots of rain. They said the edge of the eye went over them - That's 30 miles WEST of Jasper.

duckbutter
09-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Spivey,
We bugged out and headed to my mom's house in Palestine but my father in law stayed and said that is was VERY bad. Newton, Jasper and Kirbyville were hit hard and looks like Jasper may have gotten the worst of it. Thousands of trees down and homes completely destroyed in Newton. Said he didn't go to Jasper for fear of using up too much fuel. Newton High School suffered a lot of damage, roof peeled off, so who knows when we will start school again. Newton S.O. said that it would be SEVERAL weeks before electricity would be back on. Word is that Jasper may be in the same kind of shape. My dad and I are headed there in the morning to start the clean up so when I get back,in a day or two, I wil let you know what I find. Please keep the people of this area in your prayers.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Saw Jasper on T.V earlier, lot of limbs were down near the courthouse, a window or two broken downtown... rumors of some flooding, guy said it didn't look as bad as he expected, but said that area was hit hard...

spiveyrat
09-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I talked to a buddy of mine who stayed there. He went by my dad's house and said they lost 3 trees. The two biggest missed the house and the third one wasn't on the house but was hanging by the electrical wires going into the house. Word is my in-laws got a tree through their garage. Father-in-law was excited he might get a new boat out of it. We'll see! ;)

BHBrave08
09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Glad that everything is ok for them most part & hope your father in law gets his new boat.;)

Gobbla2001
09-25-2005, 08:24 AM
That's funny, spivey, we were hoping for a new boat and other stuff butt we didn't even get rain... My mother was taking pictures of everything we had for insurance purposes... I told her to take a picture of someone else's boat and other good stuff they had haha...

duckbutter
09-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Been driving between Newton and Palestine for the last couple of days delivering water (2 tons) and barrels of fuel for family and friends. It is a living hell down there with no electricty, water or sewer. All I can say is it is HOT! Jasper and Newton both have quiet abit of damage and it will take weeks to get the electricty back up. Mayor of Newton said it would be Nov before all of the city has electricty. On the bright side, we will have firewood for the next few years.:)