PDA

View Full Version : We are getting pounded

chaingang
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
This is unbelievable. We are in our house with 92 mph winds. I have learned not to trust the weather people. We were supposed to only see 40mph winds. Thats why we didnt evacuate. I cant explain what I am going through! I have my 10 month old daughter in my hands crying. I can only feel for South east Texas while they are getting 125mph winds with gusts up to 155. I hope none of you have to experience this. Bridge City and Orange will prolly be a total loss. Im in Lafayette and can just imagine what the West of me is feeling. I will give updates while I still have power. Across the street has none. There are tornados everywhere. we are about to move to the center of the house, so Ill try to bring my laptop there and hope my wireless keeps working! Please pray for everybody involved

pirate4state
09-24-2005, 01:17 AM
OMG. That is crazy!! Hope you get through this!! I'll pray for you & your family and all those having to go through this terrible storm.

Old Green
09-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
This is unbelievable. We are in our house with 92 mph winds. I have learned not to trust the weather people. We were supposed to only see 40mph winds. Thats why we didnt evacuate. I cant explain what I am going through! I have my 10 month old daughter in my hands crying. I can only feel for South east Texas while they are getting 125mph winds with gusts up to 155. I hope none of you have to experience this. Bridge City and Orange will prolly be a total loss. Im in Lafayette and can just imagine what the West of me is feeling. I will give updates while I still have power. Across the street has none. There are tornados everywhere. we are about to move to the center of the house, so Ill try to bring my laptop there and hope my wireless keeps working! Please pray for everybody involved We'll pray for you guys up there man. Get to the center of the house.

Went thru Carla, a Category 4 when I was 7 years old. A very terrifying experience.

CHS_CG
09-24-2005, 04:21 AM
I cant even begin to think what you are goin through, I have been there before! I am prayin that you and your family are safe!