HebronHawk
09-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
does anybody else have tmobile???

I do. What's up?

jason
09-24-2005, 02:02 PM
tmobile is weird

they by far have the best rate plans, but the coverage is by far the worst of the gsn services (cingular, tmobile, and nextel)

dont get me started on sprint and verizon lol...

and i worked for tmobile, so i know what im talking about...

MeanGreenMachine
09-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
does anybody else have tmobile???

Not T Mobile, but our Cingular has not worked for 2 days now,, guess the towers are either down or just jammed with calls We've been receiving calls from people with Spring and Verizon, so I guess they are still working

HebronHawk
09-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I used to own a company that built many of the PCS networks in the United States west of the Mississippi and in parts of the SE United States.

Coverage is something that any company can fix if it chooses to.

When a new system is designed, estimates are made of the level of radio (cell) traffic that the tower will handle in that cell. The amount of traffic determines the radio propagation pattern that the cell tower emits.

Towers are placed near other towers using the assumptions of radio propagation made in the design process.

The radio patterns must touch and even overlap a little bit but not a lot so that handoffs are clean and holes are minimized.

The problems occur when the actual radio patterns for each tower differ a lot from the design assumptions.

As radio traffic loads on a tower, the radio pattern shrinks. This can cause holes in coverage.

If the radio traffic on a tower is less than expected, the radio pattern is not large enough to touch the adjoining towers and this also creates holes in coverage.

Companies fix these problems by adding towers, increasing transmitter power, adding base stations on existing towers, etc.

All companies know how to do this.

The difference in service from one company to the next is dictated by that company's decisions about the service levels that they choose to maintain.

Hope you found this helpful.

CHS_CG
09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by jason
tmobile is weird

they by far have the best rate plans, but the coverage is by far the worst of the gsn services (cingular, tmobile, and nextel)

dont get me started on sprint and verizon lol...

and i worked for tmobile, so i know what im talking about...

as sad as it is i have to agree with jason here, Tmobile service sux!

neway, i was just wonderin if anybody elses was changin over to cingular service last night. I went to go call RM and it said Cingular instead of Tmobile. Was just wondering if it was just down here or other peoples too.

leopards,class of 75
09-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Every cell service has it's good points and it's bad ones too. It also depends on where you live too. I have used Sprint for over 7 years and am satisfied with their service. Most of the time it is as clear as our home phone. If you use Sprint, it works best with a Sanyo brand phone.

theyoefnshow
09-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Either way you look at it, no cel service is perfect. I work for Nextel/Sprint so I have to know these things :) There's always gonna be a company that has service where your provider doesn't but it also works the other way around. Verizon has the biggest coverage area where as tmobile has the smallest. Nextel works for me well but I know my limits as far as where I do and don't have coverage. Once the merger w/ Sprint is complete, our coverage is going to expand big time and we'll start (probably) making some serious strides in the cel market. Alot of people jumped over to Verizon when they started w/ their walkie talkie feature but once they realized it absolutely sucked, came right back. Oh yeah, I now welcome myself back to the board. WHAT'S UP EVERYBODEE!!!

CHS_CG
09-25-2005, 05:21 PM
from a caldwell poster (no offense Lena!) from another board regarding their game w/ La Grange:
"If that is not the most repulsive thing I've ever witnessed at a public event, nothing ever will be. A lousy 50-mile trip on Highway 21 - with very little traffic from the hurricane, and a total of about 50 fans showed up to support its own squad. Even if all the kids were from single-parent families, more could have shown up."
Now that's hardcore lol

what was this posters name and what forum.. PM me if u dont wanna say it in the open

theyoefnshow
09-25-2005, 05:24 PM
just goes by the name "caldwell"
Bashes Caldwell alot this year but claims to be from there. Go figure lol

CHS_CG
09-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
just goes by the name "caldwell"
Bashes Caldwell alot this year but claims to be from there. Go figure lol

wonder if its the same loser that was loveandbbal on the dl last year.... or wonder if its our nortorious Hornet Pride for the dl.