PDA

View Full Version : Decatur VS Abilene Wylie

Texas3AFootballFan
09-23-2005, 10:02 PM
How do you guys think this one will play out? I know its early to start this but im curious.

TheTrueCueroGobbler3
09-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Decatur and got jack squat...Abilene will run, pass, and walk all over them

Texas3AFootballFan
09-23-2005, 10:17 PM
-:rolleyes: highly doubtful...look what graham is doing to wylie now...decatur dismantled graham last week 34-2

TheTrueCueroGobbler3
09-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by TheTrueCueroGobbler3
Decatur and got jack squat...Abilene will run, pass, and walk all over them

I take that back....Wylie aint about s***, they suck. I hope Cuero meets them again in the state championship!!

Roll'em up
09-24-2005, 08:25 PM
This will be an interesting game, but I really don't expect Decatur to win. One thing you can not do is compare one team to another according to common opponents. Football is a game with many variables and can change from week to week.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Texas3AFootballFan
-:rolleyes: highly doubtful...look what graham is doing to wylie now...decatur dismantled graham last week 34-2

You can't go by that...

Examples

'98: Sealy beats Cuero 10-3
'98: Cuero beats Vanderbilt-Industrial 28-11
'98: Vanderbilt-Industrial beats Sealy 7-6

'00: Gonzales beats La Grange 13-10
'00: Yoakum beats Gonzales, forget the score
'00: La Grange beats Yoakum around 45-14 or something like that, it was ugly

'02: Cuero beats Yoakum 10-3?
'02: Yoakum beats Gonzales
'02: Gonzales beats Cuero 44-13?

Different teams, different defenses, different offenses, different coaches, different rivalries blah blah blah...

Sure it's look like Decatur should roll over Wylie based on scores, but that doesn't mean it's gunna happen...

leopards,class of 75
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
i really think this will be a great game! I will be surprised if it's a blow out either way. Turnovers just might decide this game.

RMAC
09-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Wylie by a TD

TAMUGRAD
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
This will be an interesting game, but I really don't expect Decatur to win. One thing you can not do is compare one team to another according to common opponents. Football is a game with many variables and can change from week to week.

That is why each game is played and teams should stay focused.
One game, one team, each week, STAY FOCUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
09-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't know guys...i have to say wylie didn't impress me last week against Graham....Decator----17-14 over wylie

gobbler grad
09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
don't think Wylie will drop 2 in a row...they will be focused on Decatur and come out on top 27-17...

Bullaholic
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Wylie is coming off of an upset loss-Decatur is coming off a bye and has had an extra week to prepare-- plus,the "revenge" factor is strong with Decatur. I say Eagles by 7. This one should be a "dandy, and I truly would not be surprised by a victory for either team.

lostaussie
09-25-2005, 08:16 PM
did wylie and decatur play 2 times last year, and if so, what was the score during the regular season?

RMAC
09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Decatur romped them like 44-17 or something like that, but Sandifer stayed true to the fact that he has never lost to the same team twice in one season. . . Wylie by a TD at least

swaterfan
09-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TheTrueCueroGobbler3
I take that back....Wylie aint about s***, they suck. I hope Cuero meets them again in the state championship!!

uve got along way to go to get there.....with an attitude like that u wont...

Eagle Fan 05
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wylie is coming off of an upset loss-Decatur is coming off a bye and has had an extra week to prepare-- plus,the "revenge" factor is strong with Decatur. I say Eagles by 7. This one should be a "dandy, and I truly would not be surprised by a victory for either team.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Without a doubt Dane/Christian were a great combo but they also got very big heads.

This years Eagles are underrated and have something to prove, They may not be as potent, but I think this Eagles team will be able to come out and beat Wylie in a close game.

NateDawg39
09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
First of all, Dane and Christian did not have as big of heads as you think. They came to practice just like the rest of us and worked each week with the team. We went into that game prepared to win... we just didnt get it done. They played as hard as anyone did so dont go puttin down those guys if you dont know what your talkin about cause you dont. I was on the team last year and i know who had the big heads. They were two of the guys that helped us mentally more than anything. Im not trying to focus on the past, i just dont like it when people from my home team talk down on other people. ESPECIALLY when they have no clue of what they are saying!;) :D :mad:

Steer Fever
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I feel sorry for Decatur this week. Wylie coming off a loss is tough they are going to come out with vengance. ALso if Cobb is not playing DEcatur will be in more trouble

NateDawg39
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Thats true about Wylie wanting some rvenge for last week. BUT, Decatur wants revenge for last year. Its been in the system for hundreds of days and they will do anything for a win excluding cheating of course. Look for an upset either way depending on where you are from and who you want to win