PDA

View Full Version : Dumb or Dedicated?

CHS_CG
09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Are the people that wont leave their homes and are in the line of fire dumb or dedicated?

dear_whoever
09-23-2005, 08:48 PM
dedicated, i wouldnt leave my house either

3ABirdMan
09-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Dumb!

I told my daughters (16 & 13), watching the devastation and heartbreak on the evening news 3 days after Katrina hit, with tears in my eyes, that I hoped they were grown and gone before we had to go through that in BC.

When I left town Wednesday evening, it was with the idea that I would NOT have a home to go back to. It looks like I was lucky - AGAIN.

Nothing on this earth is worth risking the lives of your family for! EVERYTHING you have is worthless WITHOUT LIFE!

the gator
09-24-2005, 04:43 PM
DEDICATED!

i was always told we couldnt call people dumb...or at least that is why i got banned, for calling someone dumn, and you want to call someone dumb that wants to stay at their house? to me that is just messed up, if they want to stay at their house, let me, they are just dedicated, not dumb...

catdad
09-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Life is made up of a series of choices and results of those choices. We can not know the heart and mind of each person involved. The choice gets made and we all hope it is the right one. At the end of the game all we can hope for is to have the good choices outweigh the not so good.

BHBrave08
09-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Dumb.

I think dedication ends when a life gets endangered.

the gator
09-24-2005, 10:36 PM
well if yall are callin people that want to stay at their house....i think yall are dumb, simple as that...

SintonFan
09-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Nah, folks should be able to fend for themselves. Just because you stay behind to fend for yourself doesn't make you dumb. What happened to "rugged individualism" and "personal responsiblility"? Is this America or what?:o
lol

3ABirdMan
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nah, folks should be able to fend for themselves.......:o
lol

Which is why I beleive if you ignore the evacuation notice, you SHOULD be left to fend for yourself, as in no rescue when it gets too tough, and you figure out you made the wrong choice!

jason
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Which is why I beleive if you ignore the evacuation notice, you SHOULD be left to fend for yourself, as in no rescue when it gets too tough, and you figure out you made the wrong choice! ya, i agree...but somebody is bound to go back, before officials say its safe, they'll get into trouble, no help will come, and then they'll complain because nobody was there to help them....