PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!!

Ranger Mom
09-23-2005, 08:28 AM
I guess Hurricane Rita IS going to affect us all.

My husband was told to shut in 21 of his 24 wells yesterday.

That leaves him 3 wells (and only because they are piped to El Paso).

He just called me, he is just out there riding around now, nothing to do....I bet he gets a nice long nap at lunch today....lucky dog!!

ap panther fan
09-23-2005, 09:22 AM
I know the feeling, we closed down Wednesday afternoon and I am just sorta lost. I have cleaned house, taken a nap and am trying to figure out what to do today.

Talked to P4S yesterday about going to Port Aransas Beach today, but I am thinking the tides (even down here) will prevent that.:cool:

Sure hope our members to the NE are out of harms way.:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by ap panther fan
I know the feeling, we closed down Wednesday afternoon and I am just sorta lost. I have cleaned house, taken a nap and am trying to figure out what to do today.

Talked to P4S yesterday about going to Port Aransas Beach today, but I am thinking the tides (even down here) will prevent that.:cool:

Sure hope our members to the NE are out of harms way.:confused:

i wonder if Century is closed today...

ap panther fan
09-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i wonder if Century is closed today...

I don't know about Corpus, but EVERYTHING in AP and Rockport is shut down......

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't know about Corpus, but EVERYTHING in AP and Rockport is shut down......

Sinton's HEB is being unbolted right now. They didnt call me to help :(

ap panther fan
09-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sinton's HEB is being unbolted right now. They didnt call me to help :(

Isn't that good news though?;)

Ranger Mom
09-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I just didn't think in West Texas we would feel the effects of it.

You would think with hubby and I both employed with Oil related businesses, I would have thought about it.

The company I work for has shut our pipeline in around Victoria!

ap panther fan
09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just didn't think in West Texas we would feel the effects of it.

You would think with hubby and I both employed with Oil related businesses, I would have thought about it.

The company I work for has shut our pipeline in around Victoria!

Many, many rigs and refineries shut down. My husband's main office (shrimping related) is in Port Arthur. Looks like it might be in the cross-hairs now also.:(

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Isn't that good news though?;)

no, i lost out on hours from yesterday... i need to work.

sinfan75
09-24-2005, 11:35 AM
We were supposed to be off till Monday but somewhere between his house and the bar the boss decided we were goin back yesterday. I wish he'd showed up ealier than he did. He'd saved me a hangover.:D

Old Green
09-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
We were supposed to be off till Monday but somewhere between his house and the bar the boss decided we were goin back yesterday. I wish he'd showed up ealier than he did. He'd saved me a hangover.:D I haven't heard anything from our Vidor plant. I tried to call some of the guys and got no response.

3ABirdMan
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Old Green -

From what I've heard, Vidor got hit pretty hard. The bad thing is all of the tall timber that WAS standing in SETx is now blocking roads, killing power and phone access.

lepfan
09-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I haven't heard anything from our Vidor plant. I tried to call some of the guys and got no response.

They shut everything in in LG area...if I understood correctly all that gas gets sent to the Sweeny plant and they it shut down. Big D employees were told they had the "day off".

Ranger Mom
09-25-2005, 09:17 AM
My husband opened all of his wells back up yesterday and they are all back on full production.