PDA

View Full Version : Canton Vs Van

DragonEagle01
10-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Who ya think will win it?

hoosierdaddy
10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm just going on my own bias but I'll pick Canton in this one. My attachment to the Eagles goes way back and I'm liking their success the last couple of years.

NateDawg39
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I guess ill go with Canton on this one. Hey i just realized it but Decatur has 2 coaches that started in Canton. So ill go with Canton i guess.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2005, 02:24 PM
A Classic battle of Styles. Van has two great running backs in Jarvis Crawford and Jermi Calhoun. Crawford has been hurt, and in the last two weeks Calhoun has something like 500 yards and 8 touchdowns. Van wants to grind it out and play keep away. Which is how they beat Canton the last two years.

Canton of course has G.J Kinne at QB, but they also have a very good running back in Barlow Reid. He is perfect for the system because he is an elusive back who catches the ball well.

This game will rest on if Canton's D can force Van off the field. If Van is allowed to grind down the Eagle D, then Kinne and the offense will not get alot of chances.

FootballChik98
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Of course I'm gonna go with Canton! Hopefully Kinne, Reid, and Ellis can have big games. Good luck Eagles!!

Bullaholic
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Van was a playoff "spoiler" for Canton last season and I'm sure the Eagles would like to even the score. G.J. Kinne & Co. can beat a good Van team if they execute well. Canton by 7. BTW, for those of you who have never gone to a Canton game and seen their band perform at halftime---you are missing a "world class" performance.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Van was a playoff "spoiler" for Canton last season and I'm sure the Eagles would like to even the score. G.J. Kinne & Co. can beat a good Van team if they execute well. Canton by 7. BTW, for those of you who have never gone to a Canton game and seen their band perform at halftime---you are missing a "world class" performance.

Actually Canton losing to Chapel Hill was what kept them out of the play-offs. Yes they lost to Van, but that was not a surprise, them losing to Chapel Hill was a surprise

Bullaholic
10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Actually Canton losing to Chapel Hill was what kept them out of the play-offs. Yes they lost to Van, but that was not a surprise, them losing to Chapel Hill was a surprise

I said Van was "a" playoff spoiler, TxB, not "the" playoff spoiler that the field goal by Chapel Hill was.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I said Van was "a" playoff spoiler, TxB, not "the" playoff spoiler that the field goal by Chapel Hill was.

ahh sorry i misunderstood..of course some in Canton think Van lost on the last week of regular season just to keep Canton out of play-offs