PDA

View Full Version : I just don't know about aggies..

Keith7
10-13-2005, 01:06 AM
http://content.collegehumor.com/items/2005/09/collegehumor.1611579.451xAUTO.jpg

JHS_c/o_06'
10-13-2005, 01:17 AM
dang....you beat me to it....i was just about to post it

injuredinmelee
10-13-2005, 07:08 AM
this is classic. I have already emailed it to every aggie and horn that I know.

3afan
10-13-2005, 07:16 AM
isnt this 3+ weeks old ???

AggieJohn
10-13-2005, 08:01 AM
yeah it is......

from this website :snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/aggie.asp)

Students and others associated with Texas A&M University (known as "Aggies") in College Station, Texas, are often the butt of regional humor portraying them as dumb hicks. (University of Texas and Texas A&M students trade jokes casting each other as buffoons, just as here in southern California the same jokes circulate with versions featuring either USC or UCLA students.) The image displayed above (taken from a student web site on which several other pictures of the same scene are displayed) is in that vein, a spoof of the familiar MasterCard "Priceless" commercials supposedly showing an A&M-associated store (Loupot's Bookstore) whose owner presumably boarded up the "wrong" side of the shop's windows (i.e., the interior rather than the exterior) to prevent them from breaking when Hurricane Rita hit the Gulf Coast in September 2005. Without more contextual information, however, we could also assume that the proprietors were resigned to window breakage and were most concerned about keeping shattered glass out of the store, and therefore they deliberately boarded it up from the inside.

Our assumption proved to be correct (i.e., the store's windows could not support exterior-mounted plywood, so the boards were placed inside to protect the shop floor from glass shards), as the project director at Loupot's informed us:
Our windows will not support the weight of plywood screwed into their frames — neither is there sufficient masonry wall surrounding them for an attachment — therefore our contractor a "good Ag" suggested saving the store from a major cleanup and letting the glass go — it wasn't a difficult decision to make!

Gobbla2001
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

I had never seen it posted here... who gives a damn how old it is...

how old is your signature? :D :p

Keith7
10-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

Waa Waa.. i thought it was funny so deal w/ it

3afan
10-14-2005, 06:42 AM
blah .....