PDA

View Full Version : How should a coach deal with?

cdlvj
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Happens to many teams. Starters lost to grades and other stuff. La Grange lost several starters to grades before Rockdale game. Cuero had similar problems last week.

injuredinmelee
10-12-2005, 09:03 AM
All part of the high school game. Hopefully you have had a chance to play your back ups earlier in the year. Might be a good idea for coaches that have a problem with it to get weekly grade reports.

cdlvj
10-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
All part of the high school game. Hopefully you have had a chance to play your back ups earlier in the year. Might be a good idea for coaches that have a problem with it to get weekly grade reports.

Think you hit the nail on the head. The coaches should have a idea of who is in trouble with grade reports.

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Might be a good idea for coaches that have a problem with it to get weekly grade reports.

We do that here. After the initial 3-week progress reports come out, students must turn into the coaches a weekly grade report for each class.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
You need to get on their butts to start... suspensions if needed...

I think Reeve did a good job with the Cuero players last week, a job I sure wouldn't have enjoyed doing...

#1 it was the first game of district...

#2 it was against 4-1 Hallettsville which looked to be our toughest comp in district...

#3 the starters suspended were a pretty important part of our team... Two of them started in the secondary on defense (keep in my mind we lost one of our guys out of the secondary the week before, couldn't really afford to lose much more)... those two also happen(ed) to be the leading receivers in the Victoria area, very good receivers... So those two equal four starting positions lost... Then you had two of our starting LB's suspended... what else can you say, they're LB's and starters, not a very good deal to lose... Then in a separate incident, RB Latreal Cooper was suspended, would have played had the others not been suspended, Coach just didn't want to show any favoritism... he is a great RB who is finally getting back to himself after knee surgery last year, he is committed to A&M already, pretty important back... we were also short one starting O-Line guy, dude messed up in one of his classes, should be back in a couple of weeks...

I was really proud of the guys who had to step up and fill those big shoes... they did a grrrreeeeaaaat job last week...