PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's new QB???

WOS92
10-12-2005, 07:53 AM
I heard that Moye will not be behind center when the dawgs take the field. Is he not returning to Jasper or is he going to be playing a different position?

bulldogbark
10-12-2005, 07:56 AM
rumor word is he wont be returning. however we do have several young players who I bet are chomping at the bit to take over the helm. isnt this the way we found Moye last year:confused: who knows what lurks in the Jasper backfield this saturday. Yall will just have to come and watch:p

duckbutter
10-12-2005, 08:11 AM
The big rumor in Newton is that he was upset because the coach was going to try a different QB so he transfered to Diboll and has no plans on returning. IF this is true then it shows his true colors and Jasper is better without him. JMO

Hupernikomen
10-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Rumors rumors...Great talent and wish him the best wherever he plays.

bulldogbark
10-12-2005, 08:19 AM
I wish no ill will on him and wish him the best of luck. but who knows what Santa has in his bag for Jasper:) :) :)

duckbutter
10-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Let Witherspoon try the QB position. He and the Mitchell kid are the 2 most talented athletes I have seen in Jasper.

eagle.eyes
10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Am I reading this right. Before the season some Jasper fans were saying he was the next McNeal and now they seem to be saying good riddance. WOW! Did he go from a 4.32 to a 4.52 or something?

spiveyrat
10-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Am I reading this right. Before the season some Jasper fans were saying he was the next McNeal and now they seem to be saying good riddance. WOW! Did he go from a 4.32 to a 4.52 or something?

I see no negativity coming from any Jasper posters here. Looks like eagle eyes might need to clean his glasses.

Bullaholic
10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Huper.....I know it has been expressed by several posters, but I do genuinely wish the best for all of the teams and families in SE Texas who have had to endure so much over the past 2 seasons. WO-S exited early in the playoffs last year when hopes were so high, and Jasper lost the heartbreaker to Gilmer in the finals. Now, you have players and families spread all over the country, loss of property, and having to make difficult decisions plus uncertain school openings due to Rita. I hope that "normal life" returns quickly to everyone, and all these great kids and teams can get back to enjoying life and football. This too shall pass......

Best of luck to Gilbert Moye, wherever he plays.

BlueBlood
10-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Huge loss for the Bulldogs.

Hupernikomen
10-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Moye has as much upside as any skilled player Jasper has had in a very long time..if not ever, but Jasper was not and never will be a one man team. I suspect the Dogs will still be able to hang around with a few folks. After what I saw out of Diboll I don't know if he is enough to get them into the playoffs. I could be wrong.

Hupernikomen
10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes

To whom are you referring? Anyone who has seen this young man play knows what it means to lose him.

mistanice
10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Diboll has lost their 1st and 2nd qb. Diboll's starter from the start of the season, transferred to Lufkin to play baseball. Their 2nd qb broke his arm 2 weeks ago in a football game vs Madisonville. Now their down to their 3rd qb. Moye will be a great asset to the team and if he does get to play will maybe give the other teams in the district a run for their money.

As of friday the 14th, Moye still hasn't been cleared by the District to play for Diboll. Reason being is because he is living with a relative that LIVES in Lufkin. They gave Moye an choice, to play for Lufkin or go back to Jasper. He chose neither, and wants to stay enrolled at Diboll. Let's see what happens in the next few days.

DawgFan91
10-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Whatever. The kid has issues anyway. How many times has he been benched for disciplinary reasons... in the last 10 games??? You could say that if he wasn't such a chump and gotten himself benched the first 2 series in the title game vs. Gilmer, Jasper would've had a state championship. He reminds me a little of Chris Hunt...all the physical ability in the world and the maturity of an 8 yr old.

What, he just skips practice sometimes and doesn't start. Wow!!! He should've been benched, period, if he did it more than once.

If that's true about him playing for Lufkin, why wouldn't he??? Exactly, he'd be just another athlete in Luflkin instead of Mr. BMOC in Diboll. Lufkin has sent dozens of kids to D1 programs the last few years and he wants to hone his skills in....Diboll??? LMAO...

See ya Gilbert...

eagle.eyes
10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Whoa!

Ranger Mom
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
WOW!!

The plot thickens!!:thinking:

44INAROW
10-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Tell us how you really feel :eek: :eek:

setex
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Huper.....I know it has been expressed by several posters, but I do genuinely wish the best for all of the teams and families in SE Texas who have had to endure so much over the past 2 seasons. WO-S exited early in the playoffs last year when hopes were so high, and Jasper lost the heartbreaker to Gilmer in the finals. Now, you have players and families spread all over the country, loss of property, and having to make difficult decisions plus uncertain school openings due to Rita. I hope that "normal life" returns quickly to everyone, and all these great kids and teams can get back to enjoying life and football. This too shall pass......

Best of luck to Gilbert Moye, wherever he plays.

I agree, this area needs Moye on the field and WOS to re-deem itself. Enough is enough.