PDA

View Full Version : Record-setters

olddawggreen
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Record-setters

Cullen Stifflemire and Thomas Levens, welcome to the record books.

The Burnet duo tied a state high school record with a 99-yard touchdown pass on third-and-10 from inside their 1-yard line in the third quarter during last Friday's loss to New Braunfels Canyon.

Stifflemire's pass to Levens also ties a national record.

"I didn't even realize it at the time," Stifflemire said Monday. "Then I got home and was talking to my brother, and he was like, 'You know, nobody can throw a pass longer than that.' And I was like, 'Dang, you're right. That's the longest pass possible.' "

Stifflemire threw for 363 yards against Canyon.

— Alan Trubow

Way to go Stiffy!!!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I love the name Stifflemire...

If I ever have a male golden retriever, I'm gunna name him Stifflemire...

Gobbla2001
10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
BTW, what was the final score?

Heard NB Canyon has some horsies this year...

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Congrats to them! Darn him for leaving. ;)

olddawggreen
10-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
BTW, what was the final score?

Heard NB Canyon has some horsies this year...

Final Score NBC 35 Burnet 28

They definatly have some horsies, but they have some refs too, Im not usually one to bad mouth the refs, but I saw the worst refed game that I have ever seen in Burnet last Friday night,

1) Canyon has a fourth down and inches. The refs start the play before the sticks are reset properly after the measurement. When the ball was snapped, the sticks indicated 4th and about 3 yards to go. Burnet stops the play for no gain or maybe even for a little loss. When they come out to measure again, Canyon has a first down by over 1 yard.

3) Tex Reyes intercepts the pass 3 yards deep in the end zone. He makes no attempt to come out of the end zone, but the Canyon WR pulls him out of the end zone and tackles him on the 1 yard line. We should have had it on the 20. The good thing was that on 3rd and 10, Stifflemeir hits Levens for a 99 yard TD pass.

And there was more......

:mad: :mad: