PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Old Girl Throws 3 TD's In A Game

ILS1
10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
TORRANCE, Calif. -- When the Bishop Montgomery High School quarterback went down with a fractured leg, his replacement stepped in and completed four of five passes for three touchdowns.

There's nothing too unusual about that, except that the replacement quarterback was a girl.

Miranda McOsker, 15, is one of 253 girls out of 100,000 high school students in California who are playing football this year, according to the California Interscholastic Foundation. She joined the private Catholic school's football program last spring.

"I didn't try out for quarterback, I was just looking to play anything," said the 5-foot-9, 140-pound sophomore. "One day I was throwing with the quarterback after practice and the coaches watched me. They told me to play quarterback the next day and ever since I've been playing quarterback."

McOkser is the starting quarterback for the junior varsity team and the third-stringer on the varsity squad. She got into the varsity game Friday after her team led early and Coach Arnold Ale put in the second-string quarterback, who was injured.

Ale said he doesn't know if Miranda will become the starting varsity quarterback for the school in suburban Los Angeles but expects her to compete for the position during the next two seasons.

Her parents support her choice of sport and her teammates accept her as just another player.

"We've been good friends for a while," sophomore center Rob Huizar said. "When she started playing football, I told her that I'm the center, so I'll get the offensive line to protect her as long as she gets the throw to the receivers."

Miranda's uncle, John McOsker, also played quarterback for Bishop Montgomery. The family is trying to figure out if he ever threw three touchdowns in a game.

"I think the answer is no, because he hasn't gotten back to me yet," said Miranda's father, Tim McOsker, an attorney who served as chief of staff to former Los Angeles Mayor James Hahn.

Girl Throws 3 TD's In A Game (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2187201&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233)

Bullaholic
10-11-2005, 08:33 PM
The Ags know about her yet? :D

Ranger05
10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Ags know about her yet? :D LOL:clap:

Leopards,class of 75
10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
A very good story, thanks for the post!

whtfbplaya
10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Poor sec. try to explain that to someone.

Necked
10-11-2005, 09:59 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about Wharton's quarterback........:D

neck_06
10-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Necked
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about Wharton's quarterback........:D

LMAO

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 08:16 AM

It's better to be thought a fool that to OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!

What a cheapshot, jerk remark and you damage your image and the image of your team and community when you make such an asinine, and unwarranted, statement such as this.

I would have expected a 35 year old to be more mature than this.

Ranger05
10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about Wharton's quarterback........:D I thought it was funny :confused:

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
I thought it was funny :confused:

That's because you're not from Wharton. I don't imagine you'd think it too funny if it were said about your qb. This was in very poor taste...but on the other hand just more fuel for the fire. So, on second thought, it's o.k., it's all gonna be just fine.........:evillaugh :evillaugh

FbCoachB40
10-12-2005, 09:24 AM
"well, he's got the hair!" - Dan Akroyd "The Great Outdoors"

BU97
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
"well, he's got the hair!" - Dan Akroyd "The Great Outdoors"

But does he have the "Neo Skunk thing" going?

BU97
10-12-2005, 01:32 PM

If #3 is a girl, then how come he is leading the district is passing yards and 6th in rushing yards? I am sure the Tigers will take exception to that cheap shot, but it is all in fun right?

raider red 2000
10-12-2005, 01:39 PM
i hope the Necks still have jokes next week.

i doubt that they will if the tigers continue their winning ways.