PDA

View Full Version : The saying "The Best Team Always Win".........

RoTexRider3
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
....Really isn't true! If so Cuero would have beat Wylie last year cause they were just a little bit more talented then Wylie.....Dallas would have gotten smashed by the Eagles cause they are freaking studs!

HighSchool Fan
10-11-2005, 07:20 PM
the best team that day wins, that's all that counts.

3afan
10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
....Really isn't true! If so Cuero would have beat Wylie last year cause they were just a little bit more talented then Wylie.....Dallas would have gotten smashed by the Eagles cause they are freaking studs!

huh? :confused:

big daddy russ
10-11-2005, 07:32 PM
So do you want the BCS for high school ball?

RoTexRider3
10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
So do you want the BCS for high school ball?

Alright! I was stating that people always say "The Best Team Always Wins"! so I was saying it's not true!

Watch the name calling...lhpm

HighSchool Fan
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Alright! I was stating that people always say "The Best Team Always Wins"! so I was saying it's not true!

the best team wins that night, who cares about what happened in the weeks before that.

3afan
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM

no need for name calling, rook

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Talent dont win games and stats dont win games, The TEAM that executes on that day wins. Even great teams vs against bad teams lose because sometimes teams just dont match up with some teams. other words:D Team A clobblers Team B Team B clobbers Team C but Team C beats Team A :D With Team A being the most talented:eek:

Bullaholic
10-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Talent dont win games and stats dont win games, The TEAM that executes on that day wins. Even great teams vs against bad teams lose because sometimes teams just dont match up with some teams. other words:D Team A clobblers Team B Team B clobbers Team C but Team C beats Team A :D With Team A being the most talented:eek:

It called "District", SFAustin......

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
It called "District", SFAustin......

lol District? its called best team that executes on that day wins;)

Bullaholic
10-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
lol District? its called best team that executes on that day wins;)

I know what you mean SFAustin.... it just seems like district play follows your "ABC" analogy a lot.

crabman
10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I used to be president of Little League in Victoria. The head of our district was Frank Cavazos. He always had a saying when it came All-Star playoff time. "The best team may not always win, but when we finish the tournament, we will have a winner". It is very simple and very true. I always looked at 2004's Cuero team that way. We were clearly not the best team on the field against Palestine or Wimberly but we came away the winner of the game. That did not make us the "best". It just made us the winner.

garageoffice
10-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Funny, I've never heard anyone say that the best team wins. Instead, I've always heard that the team that plays the best wins.

Now, I have heard "May the best team win" before the game.

big daddy russ
10-11-2005, 11:12 PM
My first time around in college, I played on an intramural football team (7-on-7 flag) that got second at our school. By far the least talented team on the field on any given day.

I was probably our second-best athlete on the team... that's not a good thing. We still went out there and found a way to win every week. It was never pretty. We only blew out one team through 11 games. The other nine we won were all by less than a touchdown, but we still made the championship and went on to play in the regional tournament. Not bad for a bunch of slow, goofy guys.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2005, 11:12 PM

Watch the name calling...lhpm

well if the other team was the best team wouldnt they have won?

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
the best team wins that night, who cares about what happened in the weeks before that.

And for that matter...the years past before that.

Vrabird
10-12-2005, 06:26 AM
This is the reason teams play sports. The underdog always has a chance on the playing field. It ain't over till the FAT LADY sings!!!! Go ASTROS!!