PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Hear About.....

Bullaholic
10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Cameron Yoe, Tatum, and Daingerfield. How good are they---good enuff to be "in the hunt" for the title?

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Cameron Yoe, Tatum, and Daingerfield. How good are they---good enuff to be "in the hunt" for the title?

I would say Tatum and D'Field have the ability to be good enough, but not there yet.

YEs Daingerfield beat Gilmer, but before and after that game they barely beat two teams who are ok, but not great. I think the Tigers are still kinda figuring out how good they are.

Tatum is fast, and they have some studs. Pollard has done a solid job replacing Stephen Hodge at QB. Their problem is they can be grinded down by a power football running attack. They also have not yet really found their identity on offense. Both have the chance to be great teams, but they could also be out after the first round.

Bullaholic
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would say Tatum and D'Field have the ability to be good enough, but not there yet.

YEs Daingerfield beat Gilmer, but before and after that game they barely beat two teams who are ok, but not great. I think the Tigers are still kinda figuring out how good they are.

Tatum is fast, and they have some studs. Pollard has done a solid job replacing Stephen Hodge at QB. Their problem is they can be grinded down by a power football running attack. They also have not yet really found their identity on offense. Both have the chance to be great teams, but they could also be out after the first round.

Do you think Van, Canton, or Gilmer have a chance to tilt the balance in East Texas, Txb?

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Gilmer is talented, but very young..They could face D'field in the first round.

Van and Canton..well hard to say. The one thing that hurts both of them is they do not play a real tough non-district schedule.

Van has a young team with some stud RB, but a small o-line and not a great passing game. The defense is solid.

Canton to me is the wildcard of region II. They have the best passing attack in East Texas, and have their running game has come aloing nicely with Barlow Reid back at RB. Their defense is fast, but not very big.