PDA

View Full Version : Cuero @ Sinton

stickandmove
10-11-2005, 12:41 PM
This was picked as game of the week before the hurricane hit. They may meet again in the playoffs as well.

Who would have won this game and why? Harris had Cuero a 7 points favorite.

District303aPastPlayer
10-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
This was picked as game of the week before the hurricane hit. They may meet again in the playoffs as well.

Who would have won this game and why? Harris had Cuero a 7 points favorite.

they might not meet in the playoffs...

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Gee...you are a glutten for punishment, aren't you........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think this topic has been beat to death! See what happened last time....you don't wanna jinx it and have another Rita come ashore, do ya????? :eek: :eek: :devil:

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Gee...you are a glutten for punishment, aren't you........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think this topic has been beat to death! See what happened last time....you don't wanna jinx it and have another Rita come ashore, do ya????? :eek: :eek: :devil:

Yeah, and there's still a month and a half left in hurricane season!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I believe this would have been a great match-up in pre-district and it could be a great match-up in the postseason...

But to be honest, right now, if you look at the possible playoff teams out of 26-3A, there are about 4 of them that are true contenders... Gonzales and Yoakum are the two that I personally feel will compete for the 3rd spot... and if Gonzales wins their game against Yoakum this week, you can pretty much scratch in Cuero as D2... There would not be second chance for Cuero and Sinton to hook up... but with Cuero playing a dangerous West Columbia team in the first round, it wouldn't be a given anyway...

sinfan75
10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Just me but unless Sinton gets their runnin game goin full gear they ain't gonna go 3 rounds.

crabman
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Just me but unless Sinton gets their runnin game goin full gear they ain't gonna go 3 rounds.

Ditto for the Gobblers. I am still less than impressed. Six suspensions going into district is not exactly the epitome of TEAM. The running game is suspect. The passing game depends on people who are not dependable. This week will be telling.

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Six suspensions going into district is not exactly the epitome of TEAM.

Whatever do you mean?

District303aPastPlayer
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Whatever do you mean?

if i remember correctly, six players were suspended for hte game for missing practice..

Ranger354
10-12-2005, 11:31 AM
What is it with the running game anyway. Mitchel just hate to run? Doesn't think Josh can do the job? Trying to get Daniel some sort of record? The pass will help get you farther into the playoffs, but the run gets you to the playoffs in most cases.

Is Zach going to run the ball at all? I know he has been hurt and is needed on defense.

At what point to you bring up some JV players to help out?

Seems we have been thinnner this year then in the past.

OH, and if Sinton and Cuero would have played I think we would have been spanked. Just my 2 cents after watching the Beeville game.

District303aPastPlayer
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Castillo and Burk are both not running the ball... neither are ring and collins... go figure... 4 guys who can play running back and not a one is doing it in favor of the spread....

BRING BACK THE WING T!!

stickandmove
10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
It looks to me like when a team is 6-0 they must be doing something right. If they are running the spread, you use the run to set up the pass and the run is your second option. Are teams they play putting 5,6,7 in the box? Spread philosophy is to take what the D gives you.

District303aPastPlayer
10-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
It looks to me like when a team is 6-0 they must be doing something right. If they are running the spread, you use the run to set up the pass and the run is your second option. Are teams they play putting 5,6,7 in the box? Spread philosophy is to take what the D gives you.

take a look at our schedule too...

Taft, GP, Orange Grove, Beeville, West Oso and Goliad... wanna know how many of them have winning records?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Taft, GP, Orange Grove, Beeville, West Oso and Goliad... wanna know how many of them have winning records?

how many will be in playoff from those 6 teams, GP, OG, maybe Beeville, West Oso and who knows maybe Goliad has turned it around and makes the playoffs, so thats all of them except Taft.

Passing game is a plus and will help in playoffs as teams will have to change there defensive scheme(most like to play 8-9 man fronts). running game the rb is getting to the line to slow as there are openings but close as he gets to the line. so need to find a way to get him past the line as he has very good speed once he gets going. And too much passing is hurting the Defense in the second half as they are on the field quite a bit. They dont give up first downs in the first half but seem to give up some in the second half.

But the coaches have them at 6-0 which is what we fans wanted no matter how we got there:D good job pirates keep it up

CHS_CG
10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

CueroGobblers
10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
I just don't know how Sinton is ranked real high at 8, am i right? I know that they have been outscoring there oppenents and holding there oppenents under what 14, I'm not sure. The teams that Sinton plays in non-district are not really that good. Sinton dodge a missile by not playing Cuero this year because that would have settle some things. I think that A.P. will give them a good game on Friday and that other team that might upset Sinton might be Mathis. But thats just me. NE ways, Sinton should schedule a tougher non-district schedule next year. I think what gives them like higher ranking is that they have a reputation that Hey this team is always good so of course there going to get those votes to get them ranked around 10 or so. Either Sinton will be 9-0 or 8-1. Come the playoffs its going to be a different story.:clap: :clap:

SintonFan
10-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Either Sinton will be 9-0 or 8-1. Come the playoffs its going to be a different story.:clap: :clap:
Back up your words...
Why will the playoffs be different this year for the Pirates than the last few years?:thinking:
Who will knock them off and why? just curious...
Root against Sinton all you want but please throw me a bone.:D

CueroGobblers
10-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Say sinton fan, it's ur b-b-q and it smells good but what Im saying is that Sinton is overrated. How are they getting ranked 7 in the class of 3A? Sinton, without a running game its not going to take much b4 other teams start to shut that passing game down and then what? Im just telling u what u need to hear not what u want to hear.:clap:

SintonFan
10-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Say sinton fan, it's ur b-b-q and it smells good but what Im saying is that Sinton is overrated. How are they getting ranked 7 in the class of 3A? Sinton, without a running game its not going to take much b4 other teams start to shut that passing game down and then what? Im just telling u what u need to hear not what u want to hear.:clap:
I'm done with Sinton-Cuero(this round)...:hand:
Root for your team and I'll root for mine.:)

Chris Hart
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Since Wharton, Sealy and Halletsville are going toe-to-toe with Cuero, i think it would be foolish to say that Sinton couldn't do the same. JMO of course....;)

SINTON81
10-13-2005, 07:49 AM

I think Cuero is overated. The way Cuero has been winning games lately is not all that impressive. But hey, thats just me.:clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2005, 01:00 AM
thats the Mathis Pirate in him(cuerogobblers) Smack Talking:doh:

Gobbler Fan
10-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I think Cuero is overated. The way Cuero has been winning games lately is not all that impressive. But hey, thats just me.:clap: :clap:
This from a team that hasnt beaten Cuero in the last 3 meeting's.
Keep playing your Orange Groves and Taft's when the playoff's roll around it's back to Earth back to Reality :eek:

The way Sinton has been winning games lately is not that all impressive .But hey, thats just me :evil:

Gobbler Fan
10-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Ditto for the Gobblers. I am still less than impressed. Six suspensions going into district is not exactly the epitome of TEAM. The running game is suspect. The passing game depends on people who are not dependable. This week will be telling.

Averaging over 200+ in both passing and running per game is not what you call suspect in any means . The passing game is just fine I'd put our top 3 recievers against any team's . Cuero's Offense is just fine the DEfense needs to step up IMO . And with that cmon Gonzales I wanna see the Gobblers go Div. 2 this year .

SINTON81
10-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Averaging over 200+ in both passing and running per game is not what you call suspect in any means . The passing game is just fine I'd put our top 3 recievers against any team's . Cuero's Offense is just fine the DEfense needs to step up IMO . And with that cmon Gonzales I wanna see the Gobblers go Div. 2 this year .

Why do you want Cuero to go Div. 2, Don't you think Cuero can win state in Div. 1. Personally, I don't think Cuero can win state in either Division. But hey, thats just me.:p :p

SINTON81
10-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
thats the Mathis Pirate in him(cuerogobblers) Smack Talking:doh:

I know, since his home town can't beat Sinton he jumps on Cuero's band wagon. But if he can dish it out. I'll have some fun with it.:D :D

Gobbler Fan
10-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Now this Sinton poster has his head on straight . Cuero has just as good a chance in any division 1 or 2 but I would like to see Gonzales beat Coach Crow nothing against Yoakum but their Coach is something else . Good luck in Sinton's quest to be Region 4 rep's not that it's gonna happen but everyone can dream .:p

SINTON81
10-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Now this Sinton poster has his head on straight . Cuero has just as good a chance in any division 1 or 2 but I would like to see Gonzales beat Coach Crow nothing against Yoakum but their Coach is something else . Good luck in Sinton's quest to be Region 4 rep's not that it's gonna happen but everyone can dream .:p

Who has Cuero played that is so dominating. You need to look at your own schedule before you talk about Sinton’s. Lets look at a little information. Cuero’s non-district schedule consisted of only 3A schools: La Grange 2-4, Wharton 3-2, Sealy 2-3, and West Oso 3-2. Cuero beat West Oso 41-7, Sinton beat West Oso 44-7. And your lucky Wharton didn’t beat Cuero. It's not such a tough schedule when you look at them all togher is it? I think Cuero needs to schedule a tougher non-district schedule.

pirate4state
10-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Quit beating a dead horse! :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-14-2005, 10:16 AM
All this Sinton-Cuero talk is blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah...:D
Come on folks lets move on...:)

SINTON81
10-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Quit beating a dead horse! :rolleyes:

Apparenty the horse is not dead yet.:D :D

AP Panther Fan
10-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Apparenty the horse is not dead yet.:D :D

She's got a serious limp, someone needs to put her down.;) :D

Hannibal
10-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
She's got a serious limp, someone needs to put her down.;) :D

I thought that AP did put her down last week.

AP Panther Fan
10-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I thought that AP did put her down last week.

http://www.gifs.net/animate/horsani.gif

LOL....naaah, that horse is still kickin' :D