PDA

View Full Version : Mathis @ Ingleside

pirate4state
10-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Mathis coming off a bye week and close wins over Bishop (17-14) and Zapata (33-27) are 4-1 coming into district play. They may want some revenge from last years 49-29 loss to the 'stangs.

Ingleside just suffered their 3rd loss of the season to district foe Aransas Pass (as well as losses to Zapata & Orange Grove) and are looking to come out an make someone pay!! :mad: :D

Amos Blanche is tearing up fields all over So. Texas for Mathis, can the Ingleside D stop him and get their 1st district win??

Thoughts? Predicitons?

Might be a barn burner.

Johnny Utah
10-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Mathis!!!

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2005, 10:47 AM
This should be a good game and obviously I am hoping for an Ingleside win. Mathis is having a good year, but I still don't think you can count Ingleside out.

Ingleside has some playmakers in Josh Coffield, Zach Adams and company. Their running game is quick and there is quite a bit of innovative play calling by the Coaches.

The one thing I know for sure...they have the heart and desire to pull it together and they will NEVER give up and hang their heads.

big daddy russ
10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Ingleside seems to be getting better by the week. And not just a little better, but exponentially better. We were taken to the cleaners during non-district but seem to be righting the ship.

I'm not saying we'll win... it'll take a lot to beat Mathis. They seem like the second-toughest team in the district and we still have to see how these kids respond to a tough loss like they had Friday night. But at the same time, I think this team can play spoiler to the Pirates. If they don't hang their head, continue to improve and come to play on Friday, then Mathis will have a tough game on their hands.

CueroGobblers
10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm going for Mathis on this one. They had a bye week had plenty of time to scout that Mustang team. Also Mathis rested there players so they are healthy and ready to git r done. Mathis has a big offensive line which makes it easier for Blanche to find those holes and make people miss. His had scouts looking at him heard that from my friend in Mathis. One thing is that Amos is not the only weapon they had a good fullback and receivers. Thats a good mixture. YOU have to have a good running game in order to get that play action going. So look for Mathis to win by 14. Goo Pirates!!

sinfan75
10-11-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm pickin Ingleside. The only thing I'll pick Mathis for is best cattle guards. They got a company over there that makes A1 cattle guards!!! And that ain't no bull!!!:D

CueroGobblers
10-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Was that a joke? :foul:

sinfan75
10-11-2005, 08:57 PM
You ARE from Mathis! And no cattle guard deal was no joke.

sinfan75
10-11-2005, 08:58 PM
neither is pickin Ingleside.

CueroGobblers
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
LOL!! Pinche Sinton you must be a old Sinton playa from the 90;s huh? Why u all swoll?

Fish's mom
10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm rooting for Ingleside. We want and need this win. A few surprises for this next week.....................And you'll are right, Mustangs are going to have to slow Amos down, He's quick and a good ball player. Pull together and Ingleside can win this one.

mikecheck
10-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Say gang I've been out of the scene for a while, I finally retired but was not out too long, I am now the ISS teacher at our Intermediate School. Good to be back though. As for the game, well of course I am rooting for the Mighty Mathis Pirates, but it will not be easy by no means. Ingleside is one step from being a great team. Very dangerous offense, if it clicks, look out. Amos is having a great season so far. In last weeks game over at Bishop he took the opening kickoff all.....the....way, but what was comical was the kicker from Bishop was bent over picking up the tee when Amos whizzed by him. Lots of running for him that next week, I bet. Good luck everyone, be safe on the roads and on the fields.

piratebg
10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I am going with Mathis and their running game to wear down Ingleside in this match up.

AJ_2005
10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
it is going to be a very good game..i am going to be at the game cheering both teams on cuz i know that it is going to get good look for amos to rack up some yards..but i pretty sure the mustangs are going to come out fighting hard.

SintonFan
10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Mathis looks like the favorite to me in this one. This game should be as good as the AP-Ingleside game, I bet.