PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Vs Jasper

dawgdad
12-04-2003, 03:37 AM
Being a Burnet fan and having a kid on the field, I have to say, It's been so sweet. Whether they win or lose. It's beyond that now. We're just so delighted to be invited. Our guys are out there, playing their hearts out. And it's no wonder the fans are the way they are. We're proud of our boys.

dawgdad
12-04-2003, 03:43 AM
Jasper may stop Burnet from going forward. I'm nervous. My kid plays OL and he has no illusions about Jasper. He knows they could stop them in their tracks.

spiveyrat
12-04-2003, 07:39 AM
dawgdad:
Jasper may stop Burnet from going forward. I'm nervous. My kid plays OL and he has no illusions about Jasper. He knows they could stop them in their tracks.Illusions? What do you mean by that?

espn1
12-04-2003, 10:23 AM
spiveyrat:

dawgdad:
Jasper may stop Burnet from going forward. I'm nervous. My kid plays OL and he has no illusions about Jasper. He knows they could stop them in their tracks.Illusions? What do you mean by that?It seems pretty straight forward to me. It means that they are not going to take Jasper lightly.

Cat22
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Who wants to have a meet and great at the Jasper/Burnet game?

PAINTBALL
12-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Things I would like to see in the game:

1. A totally injury free game;
2. A Burnet Bulldog victory;
3. McGee rushing for over 100 yards with the quarterback draw, option, and sweep;
4. More short quick passes for 10 and 15 yards;
5. More stunts on defense and;
6. About 20,000 fans at the game making noise.
Let’s all have fun and make a lot of noise. Jasper runs a no huddle offense and the quarterback has to give the lineman their blocking assignments after they are lined up on the field. The fans can help the defense by being loud.

PAINTBALL
12-04-2003, 11:52 AM
and no tortillas

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-04-2003, 12:06 PM
espn1:

spiveyrat:

dawgdad:
Jasper may stop Burnet from going forward. I'm nervous. My kid plays OL and he has no illusions about Jasper. He knows they could stop them in their tracks.Illusions? What do you mean by that?It seems pretty straight forward to me. It means that they are not going to take Jasper lightly.Thanks for your opinion. I'm not convinced that's what he meant, though.

espn1
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
PAINTBALL:
and no tortillasNo promises from me. :D :D :D :D
http://www.leosfoods.com/products/pics/corn2.jpg

dawg03
12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
dawgdad:
Being a Burnet fan and having a kid on the field, I have to say, It's been so sweet. Whether they win or lose. It's beyond that now. We're just so delighted to be invited. Our guys are out there, playing their hearts out. And it's no wonder the fans are the way they are. We're proud of our boys.I agree, Burnet plays their heart out every game!! But I have to say for those boys, it is about if they win or lose, they want that state champoinship, and they have what it takes to get it!!! :D eek! :D eek! :D eek! :D :rolleyes:

PAINTBALL
12-04-2003, 01:38 PM
dawg03:

dawgdad:
Being a Burnet fan and having a kid on the field, I have to say, It's been so sweet. Whether they win or lose. It's beyond that now. We're just so delighted to be invited. Our guys are out there, playing their hearts out. And it's no wonder the fans are the way they are. We're proud of our boys.I agree, Burnet plays their heart out every game!! But I have to say for those boys, it is about if they win or lose, they want that state champoinship, and they have what it takes to get it!!! :D eek! :D eek! :D eek! :D :rolleyes: I agree. The players will not be satisfied with anything but the ring this year. They set their goal for the championship and they will be disappointed with anything less. I love it when kids set their goals so high, and I hope,hope,hope they are able to meet this goal. GO BURNET BULLDOGS

grigsby
12-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Dont count out Jasper. They are a STRONG team. Nothing away from Burnet either. Both teams are strong as hell. This will be a GREAT game. Good luck to both teams. I just see Jasper pulling this one off in a close one.

BurnetBandRules
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Yes, a Jasper win is possible. It can happen. I just see Burnet as a more rounded team that knows the ropes of football a whole lot better than most. I forsee a Burnet Victory. No predictions on my part. I don't see Jasper getting to far into our defense. Does anyone know that stats for Jasper anyhow? How do they compare to Burnets?

JHS_c/o_06'
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Whatever the outcome, its gonna be close. There will be no "shut out" this year. I hope Jasper pulls it off. And i think they will.

SintonFan
12-04-2003, 08:30 PM
It's going to be a great game, I think. I'm gonna root for Burnet. Durnit!
LOL
It tears me up cuz many from Jasper this year have been realy great on here. :cool:
I'm a region four guy at heart and those Burnet dawgs have nothing but the gold medal in mind.
Go Dawgs!
Beat Jasper!
Take State!!!!!!!!!!!!
This dawg is yearning for a title! wink
http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/mypiratepage/Transition1Burnetpanting.gif

Burnet Dawg06
12-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey SintonFan, thanks! Thats awesome that you are rooting for Burnet. Good luck to Sinton next year....maybe we will meet in the playoffs again.

SintonFan
12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Burnet Dawg06:
Hey SintonFan, thanks! Thats awesome that you are rooting for Burnet. Good luck to Sinton next year....maybe we will meet in the playoffs again.We told you we would back up the winner last week. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/icw/028.gif
Hehe... :cool:

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

X21AAAPlayer
12-04-2003, 09:06 PM
PAINTBALL:
Things I would like to see in the game:

1. A totally injury free game;
2. A Burnet Bulldog victory;
3. McGee rushing for over 100 yards with the quarterback draw, option, and sweep;
4. More short quick passes for 10 and 15 yards;
5. More stunts on defense and;
6. About 20,000 fans at the game making noise.
Let’s all have fun and make a lot of noise. Jasper runs a no huddle offense and the quarterback has to give the lineman their blocking assignments after they are lined up on the field. The fans can help the defense by being loud.I like the way jasper runs their offense. they line up in gun, wait for the defense to line up then look to the coaches and offensive cd. for help. This way they can predict what the defense will do and try to see any stunts or blitzing going on by a few of the players either cheating up or other means of giving their assignments away.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Here are the stats that are available for Jasper.
The Beaumont Enterprise only has stats for 9 games.
First Downs: 152
Passing: 605 yds; for 9 games an average of
67 yds/game. A high of 156 yds, 0 for
1 game
Rushing: 2309 yds.; 255 yds/game for 9 games.A
high of 483 yds a low of 97 yds.
If the averages are carried for 13 games you will find they have about 1300 yds less than Burnet, but this is very subjective.
The QB is Jordan Patton, he also has 547yds rushing, with 16tds, 5.4yds/carry
Patton was listed as 25 of 50 passing with 3 ints.
and 2 tds passing.
Marlon Cook is listed as 474 yds rushing, 5 tds, 8.5 yds/carry.
D'Kendrick Gilder is listed with 8 catches, 129 yds, 0 tds.
Apparently these stats were only in district.
In other words they have an excellent running QB,
that can pass when necessary. Marlon Cook has an
excellent per carry average. Whether he plays or not we'll know Sat.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
PS: The loss to Port-Neches Groves was a win by forfeit. Showing a 2-0 win.

Rocksolid
12-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Saturday a Bulldawg will come out victourious but I dont see the ones who spell it d-a-w-g being the ones to pull it off. But I do hope it will be a good game.

espn1
12-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Burnet will win this game by 4 TD's! Set Back and enjoy the show.

SintonFan
12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
espn1:
Burnet will win this game by 4 TD's! Set Back and enjoy the show.What about winning by 9 TD's? :p
espn1, you know I've got to give you a hard time.
:D :D :D

espn1
12-04-2003, 11:26 PM
SintonFan:

espn1:
Burnet will win this game by 4 TD's! Set Back and enjoy the show.What about winning by 9 TD's? :p
:D :D :D Actually I said seven. I've never seen coach Shipley sit on the ball like he did against you guys the second half. The down side, is that we didn't score many points the second half. The upside is that we didn't show Jasper anything the second half. Also we stayed healthy and controled the clock. That was worth the sacrifice. Burnet played very conservative against Sinton. If you can believe it. This shows me how bad they want a State Championship.

geturgunzup
12-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I have a few questions about those Jasper stats.
1. Against whom did they fail to have any positive passing yardage?
2. Can this be attributed to injuries?
3. How is Jasper in the red zone?

Hupernikomen
12-05-2003, 12:35 AM
geturgunzup:
I have a few questions about those Jasper stats.
1. Against whom did they fail to have any positive passing yardage?
2. Can this be attributed to injuries?
3. How is Jasper in the red zone?1.) It was the Mexia game when they had zero passing yards, they were 0-5 in that game in passing attempts, (2.) and yes it was due to an injury. The quarterback had a bum throwing thumb. He is now better but don't look for Jasper to put up a lot of passing yards. If they have to pass to win they are in serious trouble.

3.) In the games I have seen Jasper punches the ball in well when they don't fumble the ball.

mwisnews
12-05-2003, 12:45 AM
How about Marlon Cook. If he's not healthy and he plays he going not going to last long.

Hupernikomen
12-05-2003, 12:45 AM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Here are the stats that are available for Jasper.
The Beaumont Enterprise only has stats for 9 games.
First Downs: 152
Passing: 605 yds; for 9 games an average of
67 yds/game. A high of 156 yds, 0 for
1 game
Rushing: 2309 yds.; 255 yds/game for 9 games.A
high of 483 yds a low of 97 yds.
If the averages are carried for 13 games you will find they have about 1300 yds less than Burnet, but this is very subjective.
The QB is Jordan Patton, he also has 547yds rushing, with 16tds, 5.4yds/carry
Patton was listed as 25 of 50 passing with 3 ints.
and 2 tds passing.
Marlon Cook is listed as 474 yds rushing, 5 tds, 8.5 yds/carry.
D'Kendrick Gilder is listed with 8 catches, 129 yds, 0 tds.
Apparently these stats were only in district.
In other words they have an excellent running QB,
that can pass when necessary. Marlon Cook has an
excellent per carry average. Whether he plays or not we'll know Sat.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
PS: The loss to Port-Neches Groves was a win by forfeit. Showing a 2-0 win.In the playoffs they have ran for 245, 348, and 285. They have passed for 0, 156, and 52.

Jasper has shown to play to the level of its competion this year for the most part. Just been doing just enough to win. Going to have to step it up this week to be able to hang on. Personally, I think it is amazing they made it this far with the amount of talent they had to replace with underclass men and at this point anything can happen.

Hupernikomen
12-05-2003, 12:48 AM
mwisnews:
How about Marlon Cook. If he's not healthy and he plays he going not going to last long.I doubt he will play if he is hurt.

SintonFan
12-05-2003, 03:02 AM
espn1:

SintonFan:

espn1:
:D :D :D Actually I said seven. I've never seen coach Shipley sit on the ball like he did against you guys the second half. The down side, is that we didn't score many points the second half. The upside is that we didn't show Jasper anything the second half. Also we stayed healthy and controled the clock. That was worth the sacrifice. Burnet played very conservative against Sinton. If you can believe it. This shows me how bad they want a State Championship.Dang, and I was just conservative too.
You can't have any fun, huh? :p
http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/mypiratepage/Transition1Burnetpanting.gif http://www.leosfoods.com/products/pics/corn2.jpg

That dawg looks mighty hungry for those tortlillas!

SINTON81
12-06-2003, 03:16 AM
espn1:

SintonFan:

espn1:
:D :D :D Actually I said seven. I've never seen coach Shipley sit on the ball like he did against you guys the second half. The down side, is that we didn't score many points the second half. The upside is that we didn't show Jasper anything the second half. Also we stayed healthy and controled the clock. That was worth the sacrifice. Burnet played very conservative against Sinton. If you can believe it. This shows me how bad they want a State Championship.The reason Burnet only scored 7 pts. in the second half against Sinton, is because the Sinton defense was all over your offense. What Burnet showed Jasper is that if you make the right adjustments on defense, Burnet can be stopped. Unfortunately for Sinton it was to late, we had dug ourselves in a hole already.

What is the upside to showing Jasper that Burnet was held to 7 pts. the second half? That doesn’t make sense to me.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>