PDA

View Full Version : jr. high, jv, freshmen programs?????

2futurecard'smom
10-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Can anyone in the Rita disaster area answer this.........rumor has it that Bridge City is totally wiping out all football programs but the varsity.......are all the other school affected doing the same? It seems a shame if that is what has to happen. Just wondering if everyone was doing that or just us. And can anyone verify if in fact that the rumor of BC scrapping all the underclassmen teams is true?

GS#17
10-11-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm not 100% certain, but I've heard WOS has no more JV or 9th grade season. I think one of the main reasons is that there are only two stadiums in the district with functional lights -- HJ and Anahuac.

2futurecard'smom
10-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks GS for the info, I wish it weren't true but then again I have a direct interest in the jr. high level! And we were doing great with an undefeated record before Rita came blowing into town, dang it. Oh well, that's the breaks I guess! And just for a little humor in the situation here with Rita.........on hwy 62 there is a mobile home blown apart and on it's side, stuff scattered all over and a sign saying "For Rent- Call 735-RITA". And good luck to the Stangs in the new and revised schedule...............hope when we meet it's a good game!