PDA

View Full Version : Is the MLB dumb?

AggieJohn
10-10-2005, 11:17 PM
why do they schedule the ALCS a day after the ALDS is going to be over...the angels are having to travel to chicago for a game that is less than 20 hours away..they have to sniff the champagne not drink it otherwise they might be intoxicated and playing tomorrow

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2005, 11:23 PM
i dont care anymore for the AL right now, Rangers are out so now i root for the stros. That is the price for not winning it in three games like the White Soxs:D

AggieJohn
10-10-2005, 11:25 PM
true

RMAC
10-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I thought that game 4 got rained out. . . ergo, the one day of rest they SHOULD have had, goes out the window cuz of TV airtimes and what not, but maybe I misunderstood something.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Remember the rain out pushed the ALDS back so that is why it happen like this

TexasHSFootball
10-11-2005, 05:02 AM
Yankees owner Steinbrenner was whining about this very issue. You can't blame it on the TV media. You can't blame it on the players or coaches on the field.

But it is the fault of the MLB owners. If they wanted power over when games will be played, they should taken less money from the networks. Whether it is FOX or ESPN, the networks will dictate when the games start.

Yes, Fox Sports could have pushed the start time of Yankees-Angels Game 4 to 4:00pm ET, but they were not going to let it go head to head against the Cowboys-Eagles game. They surely werent going to let ESPN have it and allow the game to go head to head against their Cowboys-Eagles game, which was broadcast to a major ity of the country.

The rainout is no fault of anyone except mother nature. Fox Sports wanted a game in Prime Time on Tuesday. They got their wish. But then again, people wondered, why not move the NLCS back one day. Not as simple as it seems.

You have a ton of Cardinal fans who actually paid for a Game 1 ticket that reads Wednesday night. What are you going to tell some of those people who have a ticket for Wednesday's game. You can't just tell people, "By the way we are switching the game to Tuesday." at the very last minute. My words, people and fans plan their week. Some fan may have to go to their kid's PTA meeting or something.

No way and no how Fox was going to move the games around. They pay out a ton of money to put these games on TV.

So my point is, if Steinbrenner wants to whine and cry foul, he should do it at himself and his fellow owners for taking the money thrown at them. If he and the other owners want to dictate what time these games show up on TV, take less money. simple as that.

So Mr. Steinbrener,
JUST SHUT UP!

:mad: