PDA

View Full Version : Revised Region III Game of the Week (7): Hamshire-Fannett @ Orangefield

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2005, 10:42 PM
District 24, finally back in action. :)

Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns, 1-3 vs Orangefield Bobcats 2-1. It's been a while for both teams, but I'm sure the players and coaches are ready to get back on the field.

Thoughts? Predictions?

GS#17
10-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm glad to see this as the game of the week -- heck, I'm just glad to see a game in 24-3A. It's been a long time, and I wasn't even sure at one point if we were going to see our local teams suit out again, but it finally is here! :)

On to the game... OF has a good shot at the playoffs, and they'll have to win this game to be a legitimate contender. I really think OF is going to take this one.

WOS92
10-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Gotta go with the cats.

Cat22
10-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey thanks for making this the game of the week in Region III. This is the best thing for the Orangefield community right now. It's a sign that things are somewhat returning to normal. Ok as for the game, I'd expect both teams to be rusty at the start, and the team who commits the fewer turnovers probably wins. Orangefield had a big win in it's last game and I hope that somehow that same emotion can carry over to this game. I'm just glad that these boys are getting a chance to finish the season.

BHBrave08
10-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Think this ones going to Orangefield..........

Orangefield - 28
H-F - 14

44INAROW
10-11-2005, 12:03 PM
hhmm uneducated guess here.. I am going with Orangefield cause I like Cat22 :D

duckbutter
10-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Pulling for OF in this one......don't like a coach at H-F.:D

chaingang
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
GS 17, whats up? Are you back in B town yet? We are fine over here, but what a scare!! Lots of wind 85- 90 mph gusts. The weather people said we would get 40. They should be fired! Anyways, I am getting ready for Friday or Tuesday or thursday night lights:D

GS#17
10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'm back in Beaumont. After a few days in Austin, then Seguin, then over in Richmond, we were able to return home last Monday. Luckily, our house sustained minor damage only, so we were fortunate. I was very nervous for you guys when I heard the storm was going to hit the TX/LA border, and I was hoping you all were alright. When I turned on the television and they showed footage of Lafayette, I happened to notice that in the background there was some guy dressed in blue and silver kicking 90+ yard field goals with the 85 mph wind. Right then, I had a feeling you all were okay. :D

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you again at some of the games. Do you think you'll be able to make the Saturday ones? If so, let me know. We'll gang up on any meteorologist we might encounter... ;)

exbccards76'smom
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
glad to hear you're safe. I came home a week ago Monday. Only minor damage to my trailer. I'm ready for some football!!. Our game is at four o'clock. Football stadium sustained some serious damage. No press box and no home concession stand.

BlueBlood
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll go with Hamshire-Fannett by a TD.

Hindsight2020
10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
HF will win this one.

Old Cardinal
10-13-2005, 01:52 PM
I will go with OF in a squeaker! I have always liked the Bobcats--they give 100% in every game.
Had it been a wet field I would go with H-F because they have been traditionally the best "mudders" on the Gulf Coast. In the past, I have seen then beat very superior teams on a muddy field. Right Barbers Hill?....

BlueBlood
10-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I will go with OF in a squeaker! I have always liked the Bobcats--they give 100% in every game.
Had it been a wet field I would go with H-F because they have been traditionally the best "mudders" on the Gulf Coast. In the past, I have seen then beat very superior teams on a muddy field. Right Barbers Hill?....

Coludn't resist a little jab at Barbers Hill, Uh?

Old Cardinal
10-14-2005, 01:08 PM
That was not a jab at BH at all. I have been at several BH games where the condition of the field was muddy and those Longhorns have been victorious in the mud. It's happened to BC and a lot of others through the years against H-F. Maybe you ought to look back over my post I have a lot of admiration for BH--this was not a jab, just a comment.

chaingang
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Id rather give Barbers Hill an uppercut:clap: :D

Old Cardinal
10-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Well I see H-F didn't to listen to any of us and promptly won themselves a ballgame!