PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs Hempstead?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Give insight and a prediction.
were is this game at?

powerranger
10-10-2005, 10:52 PM
I dunno where the game is, but i do think that navasota can win this one. The bobcats didn't win last week, the tigers beat thereselves. This one will be close but i think the rattlers will take it.

neck_06
10-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by powerranger
The bobcats didn't win last week, the tigers beat thereselves.

a WIN is a WIN is a WIN is a WIN no matter how you twist it

venomous tat2
10-11-2005, 08:32 AM
The game is in Navasota and it is our Homecoming.

rhs78
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
This should be a very close game. A must win for both teams if they want to make the playoffs. Navasota has the toughest road to the playoffs, if they lose to the Bobcats,then they must run the table against Sealy,Columbus and Bellville and i don't see that happening. The Rattlers defense seems to be their best offense, If the Bobcats put the ball on the ground the defense will most likely score, they are very scrappy and have some speed. The key is if the offense steps up this week, then the Rattlers should win.

The Bobcats road to the playoffs is slightly easier. Win friday and then beat one of the following teams Columbus, Rice or Bellville an they should make the playoffs.
This is a huge game for both teams and i see it as a tossup. Good luck to both teams and be safe.

UPanIN
10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
The Rattlers can win this game by as much as 30 points. Or they could lose by as much as 10. If they can get on top the game will be theirs. Give the Bobcats life and it will be a long night for the Rattlers.

The Rattlers step up and win by 30.

hoosierdaddy
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM
This is definitely a must win for the Rattlers! They still have to go on the road to Sealy and Bellville you don't get many breaks going your way when you're the visitor at either of those places.

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Hempstead is not going to win. Who do the people of this district think is going to the playoffs and who's D1 and who's D2.

Brahmasportsfan
10-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Navasota's the biggest, but if they don't make the playoffs Bellville will be D1. I think 1. Bellville 2. Rice 3. Sealy

HPLJ6L
10-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Brahmasportsfan
Navasota's the biggest, but if they don't make the playoffs Bellville will be D1. I think 1. Bellville 2. Rice 3. Sealy

So your #3 Sealy will beat Bville? or they will run the table after next week? Or it just sounded good when you wrote it?

nexfan
10-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Sealy didnt beat Hempstead, they arent going to be the third place team. Sounds to me like its going to be ...in order
1.) Bellville
2.) Rice
3.) Navasota

hoosierdaddy
10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm going to go with
1.Bellville
2. Rice
3. Winner of Hempstead/Navasota game friday

Brahma73
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by powerranger
The bobcats didn't win last week...

???????????

Uh ... yes they did!! :crying:

scotty
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Sealy was able to push Hempstead around pretty well early in the game, but when they didn't put them away it gave the Bobcats life. Hempstead has about six really good athletes that could start on any team in District 20-3A and star with a better supporting cast. If they could get by Navasota it would really give a team that has very little tradition a lift. Hempstead has some really good looking kids. They have great speed, outstanding looking skill people and big linemen. What they don't have is depth nor a winning tradition in football.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I thought Hempsted beat sealy? This guy is saying, Hempstead did not win!

hoosierdaddy
10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Hempstead DID beat Sealy last week so they are riding some emotion into Navasota (a rival in any sport). The more I hear the more I'm liking the Bobcats in this game even if it is in the pit on homecoming night. That said, it wouldn't break my heart if the Rattlers proved me wrong.

BlueBlood
10-12-2005, 01:03 PM
I am bothered by Navasota's loss to Cleveland so I will go with Hempstead by a touchdown.

hoosierdaddy
10-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Not to mention that Hempstead has got to be tired of being thought of by many as the doormat of the district in football. Not saying that they are but I used to work in that area and a lot of people didn't give them any credit. I'm guessing that was probably one thing that hurt Sealy last week. The bobcat's are on a serious confidence wave right now and I think they will add to it by getting some payback on the Rattlers this week.

HPLJ6L
10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
......Hempstead?

Bull's-eye
10-14-2005, 12:23 PM
I think the Rattlers have the athletes to match up with the Bobcats. They want to show district 20-3A that they will be a player in the play-off chase. I look for the ball to bounce the Rattler's way and Hempstead is handed their first district loss.

Bellville22
10-14-2005, 01:55 PM
If Navasota plays their game, and doesn't try to get cute, they present match-up problems for the Bobcats. If Hempstead gets any kind of momentum, watch out. Just ask Sealy! This is a dangerous Hempstead team if you give them an opportunity.

Navasota by 7