PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Reciveing Votes In The Ap Poll. Whens The Last Time This Has Happened

MARLINFAN
10-10-2005, 08:00 PM
SEEMS LIKE BAYLOR IS STARTING TO TURN IT AROUND.RECRUTING HIGH PROFILE PLAYER SHOULD HAPPEN VERY SOON.WOULD LOVE TO SEE BAYLOR BACK ON TOP LIKE IN THE OLD SWC.

BUT IM STILL BLEEDING BURNT ORANGE.

texasjeremy
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Baylor has a very good chance to get back to a bowl game this year.

sahen
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I think the last time was '94.....im not sure about that though...

Adidas410s
10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Baylor has the following teams remaining:

Nebraska
@ Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Texas
@ Missouri
Oklahoma State

I think it is safe to say that they don't beat Nebraska, Tech, or Texas. They SHOULD beat OK State. That leaves them having to beat Oklahoma or Mizzou. If the OU game was this week and NOT in Norman...then maybe they win because Peterson is still recovering from injury but by next week he should close to 100%. If Missouri keeps learning to execute their new offense, they have too much talent for Baylor to stop and could very well beat the Bears...especially on the road.

sahen
10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
we r gonna be a bi*** to beat at home though....i think we can win atleast 2 of those 4 that r left....

sahen
10-10-2005, 10:35 PM
just to answer the question, i found out the last time baylor got votes in the AP poll was '98 after beating then number 20 NC State...

JR2004
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
If they aren't able to knock of Nebraska this week then I believe that this will be the first of 4 straight losses before having two very winnable games to end the season. The game against Mizzou could go either way if the Tigers offense doesn't find more consistency, but they should handily beat an OSU team that appears to be in rebuilding mode this year. I would think that winning two of the final six regular season games would make this season a mild success for Baylor. Anything over that would be an added bonus in my opinion.

sahen
10-11-2005, 12:31 AM
so ur saying finishing 6-5 w/ a bowl would be a mild success? do u realize its been over 10 years since Baylor has had a winning season?....it would be a huge sucess for us to do that...not to mention that would mean we would have won 3 conference games in a season....first for that in the big 12 for baylor....we have only won 1 in the years we didnt go 0 for conference since the big 12 started....that said, i think baylor will win 2 of its final 4 at home atleast....even last year we werent getting blown out at home, and we were much worse....This year we will actually have a true homefield advantage as eager Bear fans r finally seeing our football team winning (they r expecting a sellout vs. Nebraska this weekend)....Anyway, doesnt matter how u spin it, the Bears need to win 2 more and it will be a great season for them, however next year we will expect more....Sic'em!

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-11-2005, 01:30 AM
in regards to baylors success so far this year: i never saw that one coming. they have impressed me and i have nothing but good things to say to them. they lost a close one to A&M, a team i expected to beat them by atleast 35 points. good luck to the bears in the rest of their schedule, except againts texas...:D

big daddy russ
10-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
...I think it is safe to say that they don't beat Nebraska, Tech, or Texas. They SHOULD beat OK State. That leaves them having to beat Oklahoma or Mizzou...
The Huskers had trouble with Maine at home. Nebraska at home will be easier than the OU game in Norman.

KTJ
10-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Baylor SHOULD HAVE beaten A&M but they gave that game away.

NFL scouts have been on record saying the best coached team in the Big 12 is Baylor, but they just don't have the talent. FWIW, I like GuyMo and he's a good fit. I like his honesty.

I'll be putting my Top 25 poll out either today or tomorrow. Look for Baylor somewhere....possibly. :D

texasjeremy
10-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Huskers had trouble with Maine at home. Nebraska at home will be easier than the OU game in Norman.

Exactly, I don't know why that guy thinks Nebraska is a lock for this weekend. The line only has Nebraska favored by 1.5 points.