PDA

View Full Version : NFL Debate

pirate4state
10-10-2005, 01:31 PM
From fanball.com

Elephant in the Room

The NFL would never allow it. ESPN would shorten SportsCenter to 15 minutes. And EA Sports would finally have to reconsider their most egregious player value mis-ranking ever. But it needs to be said: Matt Schaub gives Atlanta a better chance of winning than Michael Vick. Period. Sure, Vick is a walking highlight film, but Schaub can actually pass. In just his second career start, he threw three touchdown passes last Sunday—something Vick has never done. Does Vick win games with his feet? Sure, sometimes. But a quarterback can win games every week with his arm. Fantasy owners already know that Vick is totally overrated. The rest of the world is beginning to learn the same thing.

I found this very interesting. What thoughts, if any, do YOU have? :D

HighSchool Fan
10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
i think that's crazy, Schaub has played 1 game and they act like he belongs in the hall of fame. same thing happened in dallas 30 years ago when clint longley led dallas to a victory. let him play a few games and let the defense game plan for him and see what happens.

kaorder1999
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
when a defense's entire gameplan is set in order to solely stop Vick, that makes him the better QB. One good game doesn't win you a starting gig. You have no idea what Vick would have done in that game!

kaorder1999
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
this is a good topic though...should be able to hear some good opinions

pirate4state
10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
I find it quite humorous to tune in every week (ESPN, NFL Network, the guys at FOX, etc...) to these so called "experts" as they debate the 2nd coming, each week it is someone new. :rolleyes:

I just hope Vick plays this weekend...I have tickets!! :D I can guarantee that if I had known Schaub was playing or even had a shot at starting I wouldn't have these tickets. VICK sells tickets!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
how close are you to the field?

pirate4state
10-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
how close are you to the field? I've got endzone seats, section 144, row 25 (I think). Why? Do you have tickets?

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've got endzone seats, section 144, row 25 (I think). Why? Do you have tickets?

yup... row 20... i dont know what section, my dad has them with him right now. :D

football4life
10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, for one thing, the Pats' defense isn't quite what it usually is with all their injuries, and they were torched last week by a solid San Diego team. Also, during the game, they showed the Falcon's record with and without Vick, and the difference was huge, in favor of Vick. Those kind of numbers don't lie. And one other thing, Sean Salsbury says that Vick is maturing into an elite QB, in every phase, and what Sean says is good in my book. ;) ;)