PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie = Over Rated

deliriousmaniac
09-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Either the Bulldogs didn't bring their 'A' game or they were very overrated. What do ya'll think after their 27-7 loss to Aledo?

Ranger Mom
09-15-2002, 11:00 PM
I don't know much about Snyder, but considering we play them Friday, and it's our homecoming, I hope they are overrated!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Ranger Mom
09-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Oops, it's must be bedtime. I don't know why I thought Snyder when it so clearly said Abilene Wylie!!

wildstangs
09-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by deliriousmaniac:
Either the Bulldogs didn't bring their 'A' game or they were very overrated. What do ya'll think after their 27-7 loss to Aledo?

Please....Aledo is a good 4A team. Nothing wrong with losing one game in non district.

wildstangs
09-15-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
I don't know much about Snyder, but considering we play them Friday, and it's our homecoming, I hope they are overrated!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Rangermom does it frustrate you that they are playing such a good team at homecoming? We get Andrews for ours this week. OUCH! I have gotten used to playing, Pecos, FT. Stockton and Clyde.

bigfanofthegame
09-16-2002, 02:32 AM
Talk about playing good teams for your Homecoming games 2a boyd scheduled Bridgeport for theirs this Friday.

"Every Calling is Great When Greatly Pursued"

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Not a good move by Boyd for sure. The homecoming dance is so much more fun when you win, and I just dont see Boyd doing what nobody else has done this year.

PPHSfan
09-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Not a good move by Boyd for sure. The homecoming dance is so much more fun when you win, and I just dont see Boyd doing what nobody else has done this year.

If Boyd pulls off a win against this years Bridgeport team...I will get slpybear and bullsfan to go with me to the dance over in Boyd and we will all wear pink dresses and dance with the homecoming king. rofl

[This message has been edited by PPHSfan (edited September 16, 2002).]

sinton66
09-16-2002, 08:55 AM
Now THAT would be worth the trip to see!

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 09:14 AM
Be careful---I have a new camera and I know the way to Boyd. Acutually I think you are safe. But be careful anyway. I made a similar bet with my son when he was at Commerce HS and I dont look good in a skirt at all--at all. Of course he was more embarrased than I was, but that is one of the privledges of parenthood.

pero chato
09-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Getting back to the Aledo/Wylie game, indeed it appears that Wylie may be over-rated. However, Aledo is an outstanding team. I think they will make some noise in 4A this year (their first in 4A). We helped Aledo a little with 4 turnovers, but give their defense and offense credit for causing and captitalizing on them. Their QB and RB were very quick. We knew what they were going to do, just couldn't stop them. Aledo exposed once again what I have suspected - we have no run defense. By mid third quarter, both teams were sending in subs - a class move by Aledo to not run up the score. Bottom line, no excuses, we were beaten by a superior team.

GATORADE
09-16-2002, 07:12 PM
I think overrated is an ill term to be put in the same sentence as the bulldogs. I see no shame in losing to a outstanding 4A team. The Bulldogs made mistakes, and I can ensure you that they are fixing them. Wouldnt make any heavy predictions over the outcome of Fridays game just yet. I see the game in Aledo as an awakening for the dogs.

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Wylie is going regroup and play good football. No disgrace losing to Aledo.

hornet03
09-16-2002, 08:51 PM
All that I know is that in the 2000 state championship game, Abilene Wylie was the biggest bunch of punks and cheap shotters Ive ever seen or played.

BullsFan
09-16-2002, 09:17 PM
PPHSfan and eye of the tiger, you should HEAR the reactions of the Boyd folks. They are pretty PO'd at whoever was "foolish" (language cleaned up by me) enough to schedule us for their Homecoming.

BUT...if by some twist of fate Boyd does pull it off, I'll be happy to accompany you and slpy to the dance in pink dresses. I'll even lend you each a dress, since I have more than a few in my closet. Pink's not really my color, though, so you may have to make do with red. And honestly, the only objection I'd have to dancing with the Homecoming king would be the fact that he's a few years too young for me. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

(The real fun would be watching you and slpy do the cha-cha. Maybe I'll just help eye of the tiger with the blackmai...er, pictures....)

Back to the topic--Aledo was always a good team in 3A. While I'm sure they're not as powerful in the 4A classification, I can't imagine them as *anything* other than a good team, and losing to them shouldn't be embarassing. For that matter, every team has an offnight. Bridgeport took a pretty subpar regular season record into postseason play last year and ended up in the state semifinal game. When it comes right down to it, isn't getting to postseason and what happens after that the big thing anyway?

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Uhhh, what makes you think I would wear Pink?! Blue is my color...

Yeah, I am in on this one. To throw in one of my favorite movie quotes...

"I dunno, I got a bad feeling about this..."

slpybear

wildstangs
09-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hornet03:
All that I know is that in the 2000 state championship game, Abilene Wylie was the biggest bunch of punks and cheap shotters Ive ever seen or played.

I happen to know several players from that team and I assure you they are nothing but a class act.

VWG
09-17-2002, 12:59 AM
Why is Wylie's run defense so suspect this year? LB's, D-Line?