PDA

View Full Version : greatbigburnetfan update your Burnet/Gainsville compairson

pakrat
12-14-2003, 01:50 AM
add the end

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 02:13 AM
I'll help him out a little :D :D , Gainesville is better than Burnet. Gainesville is the best football team in 3A Div. I, for the year 2003, 15-0.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 02:21 AM
Hey, I made 200 posts.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

jdawg85
12-14-2003, 02:26 AM
You guys are cruel. But, I have to agree, Gainesville has proven themselves to be the best in Division I 3a football for 2003.

Congratulations, Gainesville.

Congratulations also to Burnet for a great season.

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 02:50 AM
jdawg85:
You guys are cruel. But, I have to agree, Gainesville has proven themselves to be the best in Division I 3a football for 2003.

Congratulations, Gainesville.

Congratulations also to Burnet for a great season.I know, I’m so ashamed of myself. :( :( :D
Just having some fun. But you are right, Burnet did have a great year.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2003, 03:14 AM
Congrats to the Gainsville Leopards on a great victory!! I didn't know anything about them going into this game, but something told me they would put Burnet to the test. Also, to Burnet players....sorry you didn't reach your goal, but you had an awesome season, I know you don't realize that now, the wound is too fresh, but you did accomplish a great thing. I know that there are alot of upset posters out there...but, maybe next time you will wait until the end of the game to start planning your victory parade.....remember.....anything can happen on any given Friday (Saturday?) in high school football!!
May you all have a Merry Christmas !!

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 03:33 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Congrats to the Gainsville Leopards on a great victory!! I didn't know anything about them going into this game, but something told me they would put Burnet to the test. Also, to Burnet players....sorry you didn't reach your goal, but you had an awesome season, I know you don't realize that now, the wound is too fresh, but you did accomplish a great thing. I know that there are alot of upset posters out there...but, maybe next time you will wait until the end of the game to start planning your victory parade.....remember.....anything can happen on any given Friday (Saturday?) in high school football!!
May you all have a Merry Christmas !!Well said, Bandera Ya Ya.

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 03:40 AM
SINTON81:
I'll help him out a little :D :D , Gainesville is better than Burnet. Gainesville is the best football team in 3A Div. I, for the year 2003, 15-0.81, I know there was some bad blood between Sinton and Burnet this year, but you have to realize that most of the Burnet posters here have been very gracious. Those guys lost tonight. Remember two years ago? The loss to Everman? Lets try to help our fellow region four friends. They have represented our region more than well. :cool:

Bandera YaYa
12-14-2003, 03:47 AM
I agree...for the most part they have been very nice to talk to.....it's a select few that will now have to eat MAJOR amounts of crow! I totally respect their program and wish nothing but good things for the players and the coaches.....I thought some of their "coaches and assistants" were very, very, very nice and admirable. They know who they are! wink I know they are proud of what they helped accomplish, and they very well should be. :)

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 03:59 AM
Bandera YaYa:
I agree...for the most part they have been very nice to talk to.....it's a select few that will now have to eat MAJOR amounts of crow! I totally respect their program and wish nothing but good things for the players and the coaches.....I thought some of their "coaches and assistants" were very, very, very nice and admirable. They know who they are! wink I know they are proud of what they helped accomplish, and they very well should be. :) .
YaYa, more good words from you.
Who are we to make anyone feel worse. Goodness they, as fans, lived this season seeing mainly good and some bad. I, as a fan, have been there and it sucks sometimes.
These kids from Burnet do deserve all the respect for representing this region great! Give them their kudos, yall? Those kids do deserve it! :cool:

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 04:13 AM
SintonFan:

SINTON81:
I'll help him out a little :D :D , Gainesville is better than Burnet. Gainesville is the best football team in 3A Div. I, for the year 2003, 15-0.81, I know there was some bad blood between Sinton and Burnet this year, but you have to realize that most of the Burnet posters here have been very gracious. Those guys lost tonight. Remember two years ago? The loss to Everman? Lets try to help our fellow region four friends. They have represented our region more than well. :cool: SintonFan, beleave me I remember the loss to Everman very, very well. And I agree with you that 99% of the posters from Burnet are very gracious and classy people. It's just the other 1% that I like to have fun with. As I posted before Burnet had a great season. 14-1, there's nothing wrong with that, It's a great accomplishment. My post was not directed at greatbigburnetfan, his name just happens to be on the topic. Beleave me I'm trying to be very careful with what I say. I'm sorry if It didn't come out that way. :) :)

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 04:19 AM
PM me any time 81. I would be glad to hear from you.
I sent a pm to you... :)

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Old Dog
12-14-2003, 04:43 AM
81, I fully understand, when you're looking a jackass straight on it's hard not to get irritated at them. Maybe some of Burnet's youn'uns learned how to eat humble pie tonite and will be a little more subjective next time around.

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 04:47 AM
SintonFan:
PM me any time 81. I would be glad to hear from you.
I sent a pm to you... :) Thank you, Read it and sent one back. :)

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 04:53 AM
Old Dog:
81, I fully understand, when you're looking a jackass straight on it's hard not to get irritated at them. Maybe some of Burnet's youn'uns learned how to eat humble pie tonite and will be a little more subjective next time around.Thanks, Old Dog. Like I said folks, there is some classy people in Burnet, Old Dog is just one example. :) :) And I'm not just saying that. :D :D

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 05:07 AM
Re'd you 81. :cool:
Time to go to sleep now. It's been a long day. :)

poncho
12-14-2003, 06:04 AM
Its about 4:50am. I'm very proud of the year our Burnet Bulldogs have had. In fact I'm proud of the year region 4 had. Region 4 has a bright future. Congratulations to Gainesville!!! Those kids have super skills and speed. To SintonFan thanks for the fine words in our behalf. You continue to be a class act. :cool: :p

olddawggreen
12-14-2003, 01:10 PM
poncho:
Its about 4:50am. I'm very proud of the year our Burnet Bulldogs have had. In fact I'm proud of the year region 4 had. Region 4 has a bright future. Congratulations to Gainesville!!! Those kids have super skills and speed. To SintonFan thanks for the fine words in our behalf. You continue to be a class act. :cool: :p ditto,
and many thanks to all of you people from Region 4 that showed support for our guys as they advanced in the playoffs. This is one of the things I love about high school football, people from all over coming together to support the team that will represent their reigion. Good luck to all of your teams in years to come. One day we will be there to support your teams as they advance in the playoffs. Ive really enjoyed getting to know many of you on this webb site this year and look forward to next season. Best Wishes.

dawgdad
12-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the support for Burnet football,there were players there from Everman,Lampasas and Liberty Hill to support us,too. It was a great season once again and an awesome ride to the finals. Burnet players hold your heads high- you are champions to your fans,parents,coaches and 3A football!!!

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Since this post was directed to me, let me just say that I posted the stats in response to someone crowing about Gainesville. The stats still say, even today that Burnet had a great year.
If you are anyone tries to deny that, oh well. I eat NO CROW, I have not NOR EVER WILL make predictions about any game! I just laid out the stats, they were a TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BOTH TEAMS NOT only Burnet. Stats are just a record, thats all no boast there.

Now if you want the truth, Jordan went by you guys on the kickoff like you were running in reverse. He went by your defenders in like manner
on the long pass reception.
I'm sure you will admit it is hard to overcome
turnovers when 2 championship teams are involved. That happened, we didn't overcome it. Gainesville is a tremendous team and took advantage as they should have. NO WHERE IN ANYTHING I'VE EVER POSTED,
HAVE I PUT DOWN GAINESVILLE. They were a great team and they showed it, I've always acknowledged that! There was nothing even approaching crowing
when I posted stats. They are what they are. Terrrius is a great back he demonstrated that. Hey
man, Burnet knew that going in. Congratulations again.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Keith7
12-14-2003, 07:07 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Since this post was directed to me, let me just say that I posted the stats in response to someone crowing about Gainesville. The stats still say, even today that Burnet had a great year.
If you are anyone tries to deny that, oh well. I eat NO CROW, I have not NOR EVER WILL make predictions about any game! I just laid out the stats, they were a TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BOTH TEAMS NOT only Burnet. Stats are just a record, thats all no boast there.

Now if you want the truth, Jordan went by you guys on the kickoff like you were running in reverse. He went by your defenders in like manner
turnovers when 2 championship teams are involved. That happened, we didn't overcome it. Gainesville is a tremendous team and took advantage as they should have. NO WHERE IN ANYTHING I'VE EVER POSTED,
HAVE I PUT DOWN GAINESVILLE. They were a great team and they showed it, I've always acknowledged that! There was nothing even approaching crowing
when I posted stats. They are what they are. Terrrius is a great back he demonstrated that. Hey
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanTurnovers are a part of the game... you cant say burnet is still a better team just because they had a couple of turn overs

olddawggreen
12-14-2003, 07:10 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:

Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanGreatBigBurnetFan, I agree, no where have I ever read in one of your post anything that would be cause for eating crow. You have always handled yourself well on this site. I look forward to seeing you back next year.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Wait a minute Keith7,
Where in the dickens did I say anything like that.
I simply made a statement, didn't I? I wrote NOTHING about Burnet being better. I made a statement that happens to be true! If any team fumbles, especially making a drive, IT CHANGES MOMENTUM. That is a fact. The is NOTHING thats says anything about Burnet being better, get over it!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Keith7
12-14-2003, 07:18 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Wait a minute Keith7,
I simply made a statement, didn't I? I wrote NOTHING about Burnet being better. I made a statement that happens to be true! If any team fumbles, especially making a drive, IT CHANGES MOMENTUM. That is a fact. The is NOTHING thats says anything about Burnet being better, get over it!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanYou were making excuses though...

Now maybe i'm crazy but i believe that is still implying that you think Burnet is better

olddawggreen
12-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Keith7:

GreatBigBurnetFan:
Wait a minute Keith7,
Regards,

Now maybe i'm crazy but i believe that is still implying that you think Burnet is betterShow a little class Keith7, as Im sure your community would like for you to do. Apparently your just trying to stir things up. No where has GreatBigBurnetFan made excuses or said that Burnet is the better team. How you carry yourself after a win is everybit as important as how you carry yourself after a loss. The Gainesville fans that I encountered were nothing but class, dont tarnish that image.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Keith7,
Sir your so full of your self, that I'm getting off here and go plan my fly fishing trip to Arkansas.

This is my last post here. If we go 4a, I'm done here for good! I've enjoyed visiting with most of you fine folks. I admit I have trouble with people trying to read between the lines when there's NOTHING there. To my friends from Burnet,
you folks are so fantastic, a real joy. To LH Panther Mom, your a marvelous LADY, to madam YaYa
, you are a real lady, a joy to correspond with. You posters from Bandera and Liberty Hill, you are wonderful folks, I wish all of you well!. Sinton66, I'm sorry I missed your get together. It was just too cold and the parking lot was full
and hard to negotiate. I am the loser for not meeting you and the other fine posters! I wish all of you and your respective teams well, maybe another day.
In deepest regards, yes even you Keith7,
GreatBigBurnetFan

lotus67
12-14-2003, 07:47 PM
too late

Keith7
12-14-2003, 07:51 PM
I wasnt trying to kick u off the board..
just trying to give Gainesville the credit they deserve..

poncho
12-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Keith7:

GreatBigBurnetFan:
Wait a minute Keith7,
Regards,

Now maybe i'm crazy but i believe that is still implying that you think Burnet is betterKeith7 he stated the truth about the 2 turnovers leading to touchdowns. Hows that making excuses?
:cool:

Hupernikomen
12-14-2003, 09:23 PM
poncho:

Keith7:

GreatBigBurnetFan:
Wait a minute Keith7,
Regards,

Now maybe i'm crazy but i believe that is still implying that you think Burnet is betterKeith7 he stated the truth about the 2 turnovers leading to touchdowns. Hows that making excuses?
:cool: Losing is hard anyway you slice it. Congrats to Burnet on a great year.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>