PDA

View Full Version : Region IV "B" GotW: Wharton vs. West Columbia

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Let's get this thing going....so who's it gonna be?

neck_06
10-10-2005, 07:34 AM
should be the Region 4 game of the week

neck_94
10-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Have to go with the 'Necks in this one.

Recent history shows the last time the Tigers beat the Roughnecks was 1998. (Columbia was 1-9 that year, only win was vs. Lamar Cons. So I assume Wharton beat WC)

scrub c
10-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
should be the Region 4 game of the week

No, the Region IV game of the week IS . . .

drum roll please...

GONZALES vs YOAKUM

if Gonzales wins, Wharton gets that rematch with Cuero they SO desperately want.

Go Gonzales ;)

pancho villa
10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Go Gonzales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Green
10-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
No, the Region IV game of the week IS . . .

drum roll please...

GONZALES vs YOAKUM

if Gonzales wins, Wharton gets that rematch with Cuero they SO desperately want.

Go Gonzales ;) BRING IT ON !!:evillaugh :D

Johnnypaycheck
10-10-2005, 08:51 AM
GO APACHES!!!

BU97
10-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Yoakum will beat Gonzales!!!!

nexfan
10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I'll be the first one to put a predicted score out......

Columbia 41
Wharton 30

If the dub can actually stop the passing game the score wont be as close as I predicted, but something tells me we wont stop the passing game. Wharton wont be able to run the ball that well on us, and if you let Brazosport score 27 on you, good luck stopping Columbia's offense. Should be a good game and the winner will win district. Yes Sweeny, the winner of this game will win district. Way to let mighty Palacios put up 19 on you.

nexfan
10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BU97

Thanks for the info, now I dont have to worry anymore.....whew!!

pancho villa
10-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BU97

Hey watch yourself, I don't want to get my knife out.

neck_94
10-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Gonzales will handle the Bulldogs, the only things Yoakum has going for them is:
Gonzales having a "letdown"after a big win over Luling, and they have not lost to Gonzales in a long time (kinda like Wharton vs WC)

raider red 2000
10-10-2005, 09:27 AM
this is going to be an interesting week.

i hope that there isnt too much smack talk thrown out there.

:)

i also hope that the teams playing this week have good practices so that there will be a good game in WC this week.

as far as the dogs and apaches....i guess....i dont care who wins it.

pancho villa
10-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm rooting for the Apaches and the NECKS!

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 09:37 AM
...and all this being started by folks who are not Tigers or Tiger fans...about the Gonzales vs Yoakum game.

To be honest with ya, the Tigers aren't looking that far ahead...that's foolish. It's one game at a time, focus on this one, take care of business and worry about next week, next week.

And as far as past history...that's exactly what it is...past history. History can always be changed. It seems I've noticed several changes happening this year to teams who have usually been the front-runners in the past but not doing as well this year as "in the past" for what ever reasons. Sometimes it just happens that way.

None of us truly knows exactly how this thing will play out until the final tick of the clock on Friday night. So let's just let the boys work this thing out amongst themselves on the football field in the form of a well-played ballgame on both sides...so until Friday night...

neck_94
10-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
History can always be changed.

you got a time machine ???

raider red 2000
10-10-2005, 10:09 AM
good one.

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
you got a time machine ???

The statement was made that Columbia will beat Wharton because they always have in the past...that's history...the change in history can start this Friday with Wharton beating Columbia...that's what I meant. But my meaning may have been a little too subtle for ya.

ro_tex_solja
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
im pulling for wharton and as for the yoakum game, lol, i dont think there is any way yoakum will beat gonzales but who knows anything can happen

Gobbla2001
10-10-2005, 12:39 PM
I'll say WC in a close one... wouldn't be 'too' shocked if Wharton won the game, they have the talent...

Who do you guys expect to finish 3rd in 25-3A right now?

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
im pulling for wharton

Thanks ro_tex!

Gobbla2001
10-10-2005, 12:42 PM
The statement was made that Columbia will beat Wharton because they always have in the past...that's history...the change in history can start this Friday with Wharton beating Columbia...that's what I meant. But my meaning may have been a little too subtle for ya.

It was a joke... maybe it was his meaning that was subtle?

Gobbla2001
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It was a joke... maybe it was his meaning that was subtle?

And no, I'm not trying to be a smart-a... heck, maybe my message is subtle as well?

I'm honestly trying to be nice...:D

nexfan
10-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Who do you guys expect to finish 3rd in 25-3A right now? [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoever wins the game between Sweeny and Needville will be the third place team. The first weeks scores were......

Columbia 50 Stafford 0
Wharton 47 Needville 6
Sweeny 33 Palacios 19

Stafford only had one loss coming in, Palacios was undefeated and I think Needville was either 3-2 or 4-1. Needville was the only team that played decent opponents before district.

nexfan
10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Not that it means anything whatsoever but Jerry's Picks has Columbia ranked 7th in the state and Wharton ranked 31st. They have Columbia winning by 15 points. I also beleive that people not knowing anthing about the Columbia vs. Wharton rivalry pick Wharton to win because they always play Cuero so well. Last year Wharton lost by 1 point to Cuero and Columbia beat them 33-7 I beleive. This year, what do you know, Wharton loses by 1 point to Ceuro. I see a pattern forming. On top of that Wharton has to make the trip to Columbia this year. That'll be all.

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Not that it means anything whatsoever but Jerry's Picks has Columbia ranked 7th in the state and Wharton ranked 31st.

Nope, doesn't matter at all what anybody else says...just what's on the scoreboard when the final second ticks off.

Old Green
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I didn't vote for any team. Both teams have the talent and skill to win against any team they play. Good luck to both teams. I wish I could see it played.

I know this is a big rivalry game. What are the standings as for as the win-loss records? Who leads?

gato 76
10-10-2005, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nexfan
[B]I'll be the first one to put a predicted score out......

Columbia 41
Wharton 30

If the dub can actually stop the passing game the score wont be as close as I predicted, but something tells me we wont stop the passing game. Wharton wont be able to run the ball that well on us, and if you let Brazosport score 27 on you, good luck stopping Columbia's offense. Should be a good game and the winner will win district. Yes Sweeny, the winner of this game will win district. Way to let mighty Palacios put up 19 on you.

I think the key to this game might be the play of the Wharton defense.They have been playing better ball on defense not givivg up lots of rushing yds like yrs past.Wharton going to have to run the football on the necks to win this game,they might pass the ball some ,but look for the neck defense to come after the tiger qb hard,just like last yr.If the tigers can't score on the big play then they have to use ball control football to keep the WC offense off the field as much as they can.If they can do this move the football on the ground,let the tiger defense rest some then i will go with the tigers 21-17

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-10-2005, 07:23 PM
rivalry ???? never knew there was one between WC and Wharton well atleast since i've been going to wharton.

hata_hurta06
10-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Well tigerz!!! The winner will most likely be the district champs Im pull for the tigers they have a great passing game that seems to a weakness for Wc stopping the pass so i say tigers 27 WC 24

18handicap
10-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Reason why the Dub C fans want Gonzales to win is because if the Apaches can make it to the playoffs, then they'll go Division I and the Necks and Gobblers won't meet in the playoffs at all and both have good chances to go all of the way. But if the Apaches don't make it, then they could end up playing in the first round in Division I. After seeing LaGrange play both Cuero and Gonzales this year, I would rather take my chances in the playoffs against the Apaches. Sorry Gonzales fans, but would you want to open the playoffs against Cuero?

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Recent history shows the last time the Tigers beat the Roughnecks was 1998. (Columbia was 1-9 that year, only win was vs. Lamar Cons. So I assume Wharton beat WC)

...and just for the record, I don't think Wharton had played Columbia SINCE 1998...until last year. Don't know how you can have a rivalry when ya don't play each other every year either.

Gobbla2001
10-10-2005, 08:40 PM
...and just for the record, I don't think Wharton had played Columbia SINCE 1998...until last year. Don't know how you can have a rivalry when ya don't play each other every year either.

WC and Wharton were in the same district up until 1999... last played in 2001 I believe...

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
WC and Wharton were in the same district up until 1999... last played in 2001 I believe...

Nope, they didn't. Not that I remember anyway. Been here since fall of 1999.

Necked
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
For the record:

'96 COL 41 WHARTON 22 *

'97 COL 20 WHARTON 14 *

'98 COL 15 WHARTON 38 *

'99 COL 30 WHARTON 0 *

'00 COL 21 WHARTON 20

'01 COL 40 WHARTON 39

'04 COL 30 WHARTON 7 *

* DENOTES DISTRICT GAME....

LogieJoeBean001
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Necked
For the record:

'96 COL 41 WHARTON 22 *

'97 COL 20 WHARTON 14 *

'98 COL 15 WHARTON 38 *

'99 COL 30 WHARTON 0 *

'00 COL 21 WHARTON 20

'01 COL 40 WHARTON 39

'04 COL 30 WHARTON 7 *

* DENOTES DISTRICT GAME....

Many pardons, I stand corrected. Columbia was obviously preseason a few years and games which were insignificant. Several that were mighty close there. Columbia has a winning record against Wharton, but several were very, very close.

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I think it's more of a rivalry to West Columbia when i ussually think of rivalry's i think of El Campo. To me it's a game we have to win. It should be a great team if wharton goes out there with the mental focus of the cuero game and needville game. How's the Stadium in West Columbia?

Gobbla2001
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by wharton_tiger_bigstix
I think it's more of a rivalry to West Columbia when i ussually think of rivalry's i think of El Campo. To me it's a game we have to win. It should be a great team if wharton goes out there with the mental focus of the cuero game and needville game. How's the Stadium in West Columbia?

I've driven by the stadium twice, prolly holds around the same amount of folks as the Wharton stadium does judging from the road... but I like Wharton's stadium better...

Necked
10-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Holds 5000 fans, about 2000 more than Whartons' stadium.

For some reason the turf looked a little on the sandy side last friday. Probably didn't get much love over the last couple of weeks due to the stupid hurricane...........

Necked
10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I think it's more of a rivalry to West Columbia when i ussually think of rivalry's i think of El Campo....

True, its never really developed into a rivalry simply because there hasn't been anything of importance riding on the matchup. Even now this game doesn't mean anything, as we're both going to be in the playoffs & Columbia is going Div I no matter who wins this game.
Probably the last game that meant anything was the classic '86 matchup between Anthony Ray & Wayne Williams for the district championship.....

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 05:16 AM
I've driven by the stadium twice, prolly holds around the same amount of folks as the Wharton stadium does judging from the road... but I like Wharton's stadium better...

I've been to both. They are comparable, about the same. I don't see it being that much bigger than Wharton's stadium.

FbCoachB40
10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
WC's stadium holds quite a bit more than Wharton's. The stands aren't much taller, but the width is the difference. The biggest difference is the field. Wharton just had theirs re-done, and WC's is pretty aweful. If it rains today, it will be muddy on Friday.

pancho villa
10-11-2005, 08:46 AM
The stadium is better on the visitor side in WC. and the playing field is not good, that said we are 6-1 vs the Tigers the last 7 times we have met.

Johnnypaycheck
10-11-2005, 08:53 AM
West Columbia's field is terrible...Wharton's is super nice...

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
The stadium is better on the visitor side in WC. and the playing field is not good, that said we are 6-1 vs the Tigers the last 7 times we have met.

The record between the two is remarkable...but this has what to do with the stadiums?

neck_94
10-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I think it's more of a rivalry to West Columbia

Actually, West Columbia vs Wharton it not a rivalry at all. Just another game on the schedule..

The biggest rivalary around here is West Columbia vs Sweeny, with the W-L record tied at like 26 - 26 - 1 or something VERY close to that. And the two towns being less then 10 miles apart. That makes for a rivalary... Like Wharton/El Campo (who by the way OWNS wharton)

pancho villa
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Hard to be a rival with a team you beat 6 of the last 7 times.

scrub c
10-11-2005, 09:32 AM
yeah, thats our rival Sweeny.

and I would like to know what the record is between EC and WHARTON

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Actually, West Columbia vs Wharton it not a rivalry at all. Just another game on the schedule..

Like Wharton/El Campo (who by the way OWNS wharton)

...hahahahahaha....:hand: :hand: .....who gives a flip right now about El Campo...this is only about Wharton/West Columbia right here, right now and nobody else.

Ya got that right though...just another game on the schedule.

scrub c
10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Well I hear that its gonna rain about 4 inches on thursday night. If so, that is gonna make the field real muddy and slippery.

The 'Necks need all the help they can get vs the MIGHTY TIGERS of Wharton. I just hope we can keep it respectable, because Wharton SMOKED needleville (who was picked to make the playoffs) by 40 something points and it could have been much worse if the tigers had not called off the dogs.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Well I hear that its gonna rain about 4 inches on thursday night. If so, that is gonna make the field real muddy and slippery.

The 'Necks need all the help they can get vs the MIGHTY TIGERS of Wharton. I just hope we can keep it respectable, because Wharton SMOKED needleville (who was picked to make the playoffs) by 40 something points and it could have been much worse if the tigers had not called off the dogs.

Quite a bit of sarcasm here, don't ya think? :rolleyes: Ouch...

Weather report right now is partly cloudy, 20% for Thursday night, but then you guys are a little further south...

scrub c
10-11-2005, 09:54 AM
which part was sarcastic? The part where wharton beat needleville by 40-something and could have been worse??? Had a friend at the game said it could have been UGLY ! ! !

pancho villa
10-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Speed kills.

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:18 AM
It seems to me Wharton beat a good team in Fredricksburg. What local team would you compare them to. Is there mascot the peaches?On another note... how do you let Brazosport score 27 on you. I know Wharton is better than that so I'd like an explination.

scrub c
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
wharton was ready for the spread and bport showed up in the I.

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
wharton was ready for the spread and bport showed up in the I.

I dont care if Brazosport showed up with Christian Okoye blocking for Ladanian Tomlinson. 27 points is alot to give up to that team. Maybe we should run the I all night.

FbCoachB40
10-11-2005, 10:39 AM
wake up nexfan. Ya'll do!!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Hard to be a rival with a team you beat 6 of the last 7 times.

A rival is, by definition, a competitor. Did not the two teams compete? Then, they were rivals, if only for the course of the moments in which they were actually on the field playing each other, and the definition does not mention that one has to be victorious more times than the other for it to be a rivalry either, just simply that a rivalry is an act of competing.

pancho villa
10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
nexfan is clueless.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 10:46 AM
which part was sarcastic? The part where wharton beat needleville by 40-something and could have been worse??? Had a friend at the game said it could have been UGLY ! ! !

I apologize. Thought you were trying to be. The written word can be so hard to interpret sometime. Don't have the luxury of hearing inflections, as in the spoken word.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
It seems to me Wharton beat a good team in Fredricksburg. What local team would you compare them to. Is there mascot the peaches?On another note... how do you let Brazosport score 27 on you. I know Wharton is better than that so I'd like an explination.

Wharton never plays well during Homecoming. Even the guys admitted that for some reason they never play well for Homecoming....so go figure....

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
nexfan is clueless.

I do know we run the I 90% of the time. I am not a woman for gods sake. I meant we should run the I every single play. Thanks for the positive reinforcement there Panch.

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Maybe we should run the I all night. [/B]

I take the damn "run the I' all back. We need to pro right Karankawa let them all night long.

raider red 2000
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
????

nexfan
10-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
????

SO I had a couple of typo's last post. It happens. I meant instead of running the "I" all night, We should just run pro right Karankawa left. I havent seen that play in a while. Matter of fact, I dont see Columbia run many tricky little plays at all. C'mon coaches, throw one in on Friday.

LogieJoeBean001
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
SO I had a couple of typo's last post. It happens. I meant instead of running the "I" all night, We should just run pro right Karankawa left. I havent seen that play in a while. Matter of fact, I dont see Columbia run many tricky little plays at all. C'mon coaches, throw one in on Friday.

I'd have to say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

raider red 2000
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
you might see one if the game is close.

Necked
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
When you average 420 yds a game on offense you don't really need any trick plays, but we did run the ol' hook & ladder once against Lamar Consolidated........

Gobbla2001
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Hell, Cuero ran a flea-flicker this week against H-Ville... first time I've seen a trick play out of Cuero since 2001... before that was '00, ran a hook and ladder against Sealy down 14-7 with 2:50 on the clock... before that I hadn't seen one since '97 (when I started paying attention)... there you have it, have only seen Cuero run 3 trick plays ever...

On the other hand, after watching Cuero play Hallettsville last year and this year, I have seen atleast 5 from them...

Wait, saw two in their game against Liberty Hill...

7 trick plays I have seen from Hallettsville in the last two seasons, and not a 1 of those 7 helped win the game...

7 trick plays? Strange for a team that has gone 16-4 (and counting) the last two years...

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-11-2005, 07:03 PM
# 76 Mickey Garza is the man for the tigers

nexfan
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM

Congradulations Mickey! Now I can sleep well. I thought these posts werent going anywhere until I read that. Thanks wharton_tiger_bigstix.

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-11-2005, 07:31 PM
So what's the scoop on West Columbia's D-Line and O-line i heard they are pretty well oriented and very disciplined?

Mickey Garza is still the man

Necked
10-11-2005, 07:47 PM
[B]So what's the scoop on West Columbia's D-Line and O-line i heard they are pretty well oriented and very disciplined?

You heard right..........The oline is full of veterans, & the dline has played very well against the run, but I would like to see them get to the QB's on a more regular basis........

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-11-2005, 09:27 PM
necked are you a fan in the stands or a player on the team? i think the winner of this game will be the one who wins the turnover battle? Wharton's o line is full of verterans too paige two year starter henderson two year starter jacques played o line most of time last year arrellano first year starter and haynes two year starter

Mickey Garza #76 for president

Necked
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Just a fan...been pullin' for the Necks since I was old enough to play cupball under the stands.............
One thing Wharton can't do is let Columbia control the ball again like last year. I think it was 38 minutes to 10 minutes in Columbias favor. In that respect, I consider it to be work of art in game planning & execution.....
When you only have the ball for ten minutes, you aint gonna win many games...........

nexfan
10-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Can Wharton's defense stop the roughnecks 420 yards a game offense, or do the Tigers have to score alot of points to win. I cant see the tigers winning unless they score more than 30 points.

whtfbplaya
10-12-2005, 12:03 AM

What exactly constitutes a trick play?

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 05:20 AM

Let's not start the stupid stuff!

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Can Wharton's defense stop the roughnecks 420 yards a game offense, or do the Tigers have to score alot of points to win. I cant see the tigers winning unless they score more than 30 points.

The answer to this question and all the others won't be answered until the teams hit the field on Friday night. Speculation is wonderful...but that's all it is at this point...speculation and best guesses.

I'm ready FOR SOME FOOTBALL come this Friday night. Got my ticket yesterday and I was the first one to get one, adult ticket that is. I'm ready to see one heck of a football game.

...oh...and it's Jaquez, not Jaques..

hata_hurta06
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
go get em tigers!!!

pancho villa
10-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Awsome we are the B game of the week!

raider red 2000
10-12-2005, 10:39 AM
pancho-

i think it is great....i havnt been a b teamer since 8th grade

gobbler grad
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
WC scores late to seal the victory...good game by the tigers, but turnovers killed them...28-24 WC wins...:thinking:

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Awsome we are the B game of the week!

Yep, pretty awesome.

raider red 2000
10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
WC scores late to seal the victory...good game by the tigers, but turnovers killed them...28-24 WC wins...:thinking:

sounds like you have already seen the game.

talking in past tense and all. :)

gobbler grad
10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
JUST A WILD GUESS...:thinking:

really don't have a clue...:confused:

:D :D :D

raider red 2000
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
i am in the same boat too.

i wish one of us knew how it would turn out :)

LogieJoeBean001
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
He's been doing this...:smoker:...and it must be that loco weed too!

RoTexRider3
10-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Wharton wont be able to run the ball that well on us,

Ur Wrong!!! Wharton's tailback is about 6'2 265...There QB runs about a 4.3!! Cuero said the same thing, they stopped the pass but struggled with the run!

Gobbla2001
10-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
Ur Wrong!!! Wharton's tailback is about 6'2 265...There QB runs about a 4.3!! Cuero said the same thing, they stopped the pass but struggled with the run!

Their RB is a very good up the middle, he is very hard to bring down... not the faster guy out there but he is flat out TOUGH... his legs keep moving, he's like a locomotive...

Ansley (sp?) at QB is a quick one as RoTex said, he hits the holes he finds quickly...

Their running game really set up their passing game against us... You don't know if you should load up the middle to stop the back and keep some guys on the outside for Ansley, or sit and wait for those short pass routes they ran against us... the long ball didn't seem to be there as in the past, looked more like a WC offense to me...

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
How bout that tiger swim team ? I would like to quote on the history of wharton vs. west columbia wharton has won 29 to columbia's 26 according to konvicka but we all know how that is? I sure hope this is a great game i think these teams are pretty well matched. Like they say Defense wins games i think it'll be who has the best defense like always. OH AND MICKEY GARZA FOR SENATOR!!!

#76 on the field number one in yo girls heart !! mickey garza

OuR CiTy Is ThRoWeD

Gobbla2001
10-12-2005, 10:07 PM

#76 on the field number one in yo girls heart !! mickey garza

OuR CiTy Is ThRoWeD

Who threw it, and where to?

whtfbplaya
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3

If Whartons QB runs a 4.3 then I know at least 6 guys that are running in the 3. somethings!

SintonFan
10-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
BRING IT ON !!:evillaugh :D
I'll be at this game if it happens in the playoffs OG. Cuero does step it up in the playoffs. It'll show in whoever yall play.
Now about WC and Wharton this week? I do know that the Tigers are talented as always and they might be improved but the Roughnecks are more experienced(by a little) and can take this game. They are home and that should help with the win. WC by 3...
This game will be a barn-burner.:cool:

neck_06
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
If Whartons QB runs a 4.3 then I know at least 6 guys that are running in the 3. somethings!

LOL!!!! took the words right out of my mouth

hata_hurta06
10-13-2005, 08:03 AM
I play with em, LAST year he clocked a 4.4 he is faster than before but who knows!!!!

neck_06
10-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hata_hurta06
I play with em, LAST year he clocked a 4.4 he is faster than before but who knows!!!!

i think hata_hurta06 is ansley himself

hata_hurta06
10-13-2005, 08:41 AM
U....think? wow!!!!!!!!!

raider red 2000
10-13-2005, 09:18 AM
i would hope that we dont teach our kids to speak of themselves in the 3rd person....although cool it can show signs of egotism.

RAIDER RED 2000 doubts that it is ansley. :)

Raider is asking hata hurta to announce if he is ansley after the game if the tigers lose to Dub-C

FbCoachB40
10-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I am wondering if Hata Hurta is even a student. Because Wharton students are not supposed to have access to 3adownlow or any other chat forums at school. I think that it might be Micky Garza's family.

hata_hurta06
10-13-2005, 10:30 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

neck_06
10-13-2005, 01:27 PM
i'm guessing student, there is a way around everything with computers

FbCoachB40
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
I am betting that it is that crafty #66. He likes to play games

LogieJoeBean001
10-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I am betting that it is that crafty #66. He likes to play games

Hey, what a minute, I KNOW who #66 is! Nah, I don't think hata_hurta is #66, but maybe hata_hurta is sometimes #65 and sometimes #5! Fess up and show yourselves.... I can guarantee ya, it sure isn't #3...by any stretch of the imagination.

Maybe it is even #66, at times. Bottom liine is that more than one person uses the same username, kinda a group username...so it's anybody's guess who exactly is responsible for a particular statement on any given thread.

raider red 2000
10-13-2005, 03:09 PM
i know who hata is....he wasnt smart enough to leave the BDay blank.

and yes he has a split personality.

LogieJoeBean001
10-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Wow, game day has finally arrived and it looks like the weather is gonna really be nice, a little on the cool side, perfect for a football game!

Go Tigers!

hata_hurta06
10-14-2005, 09:11 AM
It should be a good one

whtfbplaya
10-14-2005, 04:39 PM
The poll results would not bother me as much if it wasent blue winning out over red.

ro_tex_solja
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
since the poll says WC 28 and wharton 26, i believe that will be the score

scrub c
10-14-2005, 10:17 PM
West Columbia 14
Wharton 13

final