PDA

View Full Version : Realignment Rumor Possibility

Hupernikomen
10-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Because of the shakeup to many schools attendance during the counting period which comes up here in Oct. I have heard a real possibility is to skip this realignment year and keep it pat. until next year.

Can anyone corraborate, validate or repudiate this?

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I have been saying they should do that since all this happen. It would be the smart thing to do. but it is the UIL we are dealing with

Hupernikomen
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
there are quite a few east texas school that will in no way have near their normal numbers (if they are even in school) on the Oct. date. Another possibility is to change the count date or change the method of count somehow.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 09:28 PM
That'd suck for Ingleside...

Say the closing of the base there drops their enrollment down to 200 students... that'd really suck...

Don't think they would drop that low, but just some food for thought...

In my opinion, the smart thing to do would be to atleast PLAN for the realignment, do it like you usually would, get everything realigned on paper... And hopefully by the time the realignments should be released, they could have figured out how many students would be attending those schools etc...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 09:31 PM
And of course, the area around Jasper have had a lot of people relocate from what I have heard etc...

Say each school lost around the same amount of students.... say they're left with, hell, I dunno, 450 each... the D1 rep could be screwed...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, maybe not 'screwed', depends on the talent they have left from the relocations etc...

I believe a great 450 team can beat a great 800 team... but the deal here is the UIL has a system, whether we like it or not, and the rules within this system need to be followed...

Hupernikomen
10-09-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't know what they are going to do..the might try and use a number from pre hurricane or just wait till Jan. Realignment is announced in Feb. so the clock is ticking.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I just think they need to get all of the alignments figured out as best as possible... I know these guys have a lot on their plates, but maybe the alignments can be released at a later date, giving these schools time to get their stuff straight...

would have to be a huge effort...

Old Cardinal
10-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I would say they(UIL) could get a good re-settled count by January. That would give plenty of time for the dust to settle and would be accurate data to base the realignment figures. You have folks that have lost their jobs at present and are having to reside where work is found to feed their famlies. Those folks will have a choice whether they return to their previous home area or continue the newly found residence as a permanent place.

AggieJohn
10-09-2005, 10:07 PM
heck newton was 450 3a and killed our near 800 3a liberty high school for years in the playoffs first round

texasjeremy
10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
The would be great for Palestine, we can stay in 3A for 2 more years.

TAMUGRAD
10-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
The would be great for Palestine, we can stay in 3A for 2 more years.

exactly the reason they should go ahead and do it this year
Texas is a large state and the teams affected are in a small portion of the state

Hupernikomen
10-10-2005, 09:16 PM
The hiatus wouldn't be for 2 years but just for next year. I await more word on this matter.