PDA

View Full Version : BH vs Huffman

shellman54
10-09-2005, 12:07 AM
District game #2. Last years game ended as a 7-6 Huffman win. Predictions?

RBARKER
10-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Before I give mine. I want everyone to know how well our back up QB looked. Pat threw for 225 yards against Cleveland not a bad day view huh. Huffman seems to be down from last year while we seem to be better. Looking at the stats for both teams BH should run away with this. I also thought this last year then BH had something like 10 turnovers in the game. So I should say if both teams bring their "A" game and the turnovers are held in check then BH rolls. BH 35 Huffman 14.

If not then, Huffman 7 BH 6 :D

Old Cardinal
10-09-2005, 10:42 AM
I would go with BH over Huffman at this point in time. I look for Huffman to have their new personnel well trained by post season and will be more than able to make a better showing at that time.
RB, I really believe that BH may be the best Division II team in the state at this point in time.
I would guess that would be icing-on-the-cake to win Division II 3A the year prior to going 4A.

RBARKER
10-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Nice to seya back OC. Hope everything is ok with you and the family. BH is playing good right now, but I'm not going to jinx them with talk about going all the way. I have felt this way about other BH teams only to be watching other teams play during the third round. There are alot of good teams out there in DIV II including your Cardinals. BC is looking stout this year when will they start back up playing?

Old Cardinal
10-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't know when, yet...I hear there is a 24-3A meeting toworrow to determine the game scheduling.
We like WO-S have some players that are questionable now, it is rumored. Parents lost their jobs in the Golden Triangle and getting job offers in other areas--will just see if the rumors materialize, or not.

wos fan1
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Good news for us is I just spoke with one of our coaches and all our kids are back except 2...:clap:

RBARKER
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Ok, I've done some digging for stats and here is what I found.

Barbers Hill- Season Record 5-0 against 2- 4A's and 3-3A's. BH's apponents records are 9-10

Huffman - Season Record 4-1 against 2-4A's and 3-3A's. Huffmans apponents records are 9-13

So it looks like both teams are pretty even on their schedules. I'm sure you could argue one way or another that one had a stronger schedule than the other.

Now the stats!!

Offense

Barbers Hill - has scored 196 points which gives them an average of 39.2 points a game while averaging 456.8 yards a game. The offense is balanced rushing for 1173 Yds and Passing for 1111 Yds this season.

Huffman - Has scored 127 points which gives them an average of 25.4 points a game while averaging 271.2 Yds a game.The Offense leans more towards the run by 2-1 rushing for 869 Yds and Passing for 487 Yds this season.

Defense

Barbers Hill - Has allowed 60 points which gives them an average of 13.6 points that they allow per game. They also allow 249.8 Yds per game. the Defense is also pretty balanced allowing 605 rushing yds and 504 passing yds for the season.

Huffman - Has allowed 102 points which gives them an average of 20.4 points that they allow per game. They also allow 360.3 yds a game. The Defense seems to be a lot better defending the pass allowing 1221 in rushing yds while only giving up 286 yds passing for the season.

So what does all of this mean you may ask????? Absolutly nothing because as you know on any given Friday ........ just as WOS and us found out last year. Its something to look at however :D

BHtheHILL
10-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the info Barker, I think the balanced pass/run the Hill boys have will keep the falcons off balance & the defense will keep the falcons in check. IF WE HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!!! BH 31 Huffman 14

shellman54
10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
ttt

nexfan
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Huffman lost to our usual 25-3A doormat in Needville. Thats all I really need to say. Barbers Hill 44 Huffman 14. P.S. Barbers Hill.... Go D1 win Region 3, then maybe we can still have the Columbia vs. Barbers Hill matchup. Good Luck!

80's Eagle
10-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I think that would be a long shot, but what a matchup it would be. Huffman will be playing in post season, therefore we go DII.

BHBrave08
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
BH - 20
Huffman - 17

Gonna be a close one guys............... I think the flag suppose to be there too.

HillBoy
10-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I think BH will run away with this game in the fourth.
BH 35
Huffman 13

NateDawg39
10-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Huffman will keep it close until the third. Then its all Huffman from there.

whoknows
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
In my opinion, Huffman is weak. Yes I have seen them play twice this year and they did not impress me on either side of the ball. If BH does not turn the ball over, this could be an easy win.

Big C
10-11-2005, 12:35 PM
BH all the way! The team is hot, too hot for Huffman to handle. Lets go D, show all the critics how great you really are.

etbu
10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by whoknows
In my opinion, Huffman is weak. Yes I have seen them play twice this year and they did not impress me on either side of the ball. If BH does not turn the ball over, this could be an easy win.

When and where did you see the Falcons play?

BlueBlood
10-12-2005, 12:51 PM
This will be a very good game. From some of the things I read this is a really big game for the Huffman Falcons. They see, I gather, this as a big rivalry game. I don't get that feeling from around here in Mont Belvieu. It seems to be just another game on the schedule. Does BH still have a real rivalry? The old timers talk about Anahauc being a rivalry at one time and some of my friends say that Hamshire-Fannett was a rival in the 80's or 90's.

RBARKER
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
This will be a very good game. From some of the things I read this is a really big game for the Huffman Falcons. They see, I gather, this as a big rivalry game. I don't get that feeling from around here in Mont Belvieu. It seems to be just another game on the schedule. Does BH still have a real rivalry? The old timers talk about Anahauc being a rivalry at one time and some of my friends say that Hamshire-Fannett was a rival in the 80's or 90's.

HF was are rival when I went through BH 89' I don't know who is are rival now. I would lean more towards Liberty than Huffman. Liberty always seems to be talking smack to get us fired up about that game.

HillBoy
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
I would have to say Anahuac and BH for the past few years has been a good rivalry after that it would have to be Liberty. Maybe we just don't like Panthers.:D

BHBrave08
10-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Huffman has become a pretty big rivalry to BH these days.

whoknows
10-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Does it really matter where I saw Huffman play? I just know that they do not look like a very good team to me from the two games I have watched, one being at Huffman and the other on the road.

Hupernikomen
10-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Huffman finds a way to make this game close. BH may not consider this a rival but I can promise you the kids at Huffman want to win this one more than any other game on their schedule. Since I haven't seen Huffman this year I won't make a prediction. Having seen BH, I will say Huffman better bring the very best to stay in the game.

Rainman
10-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Rumor has it that back in the day Huffman would be given the next Monday off of school after a win over Barbers Hill on Friday until the UIL shot that down.
As far as rivalries go, one must remember that there isn't a team in the district or in older district that isn't geared up to play Barbers Hill and although we don't have that same intensity when we look at our schedule I would have to rank the rivalries as: Liberty, Huffman-Hargrave, Hamshire- Fannet and Anahuac. Many of these games are (H-F) or will soon be (Ana, Maybe Lib, H-H) cancelled as Barbers Hill moves to 4-A.

This Weeks game.
After turning over the ball 5 times and missing an extra point to lose 7-6 last year. Barbers Hill will remember not only that but the party that occured at mid-field after the game around H-H newly erected flag pole. This very unsportsman like conduct and disregard for UIL rules is still fresh in every Eagles mind.
Look for a game with few errors from Barbers Hill as they roll Huffman
BH - 35 H-H - 14

etbu
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Rumor has it that back in the day Huffman would be given the next Monday off of school after a win over Barbers Hill on Friday until the UIL shot that down.
As far as rivalries go, one must remember that there isn't a team in the district or in older district that isn't geared up to play Barbers Hill and although we don't have that same intensity when we look at our schedule I would have to rank the rivalries as: Liberty, Huffman-Hargrave, Hamshire- Fannet and Anahuac. Many of these games are (H-F) or will soon be (Ana, Maybe Lib, H-H) cancelled as Barbers Hill moves to 4-A.

This Weeks game.
After turning over the ball 5 times and missing an extra point to lose 7-6 last year. Barbers Hill will remember not only that but the party that occured at mid-field after the game around H-H newly erected flag pole. This very unsportsman like conduct and disregard for UIL rules is still fresh in every Eagles mind.
Look for a game with few errors from Barbers Hill as they roll Huffman
BH - 35 H-H - 14

I happen to go to school back in the day in Huffman and I would love to know your source of information if there is one. We had a lot more important matters on our mind beside you RAINMAN. As far as as the incident at midfield last year what do you want from us TO DRAG US OUT OF OUR HOUSES WITH OUR KIDS AND LYNCH US? Get over it and get a life.I think you are on the verge of self imploding.

RBARKER
10-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey who's going on the Barker bus tonight? Shellman, Jody. EAGLETOWN. where you at???

BlueBlood
10-14-2005, 11:43 AM
My, My Mr. etbu. I think your're the one thats about to implode

Rainman
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Nothing more than a little class, ETBU

whoknows
10-14-2005, 12:01 PM
etbu, you are a joke. You are just mad that back in your day, Huffman should not have even been allowed on the same field as BH...How many times has BH lost to Huffman? If my memory serves me correct it is less than 5. Go ahead and call me cocky, but do not mistake my so called cockiness for confidence.

RBARKER
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Everyone be nice ETBU is a great guy and runs a great site for the Huffman falcons. He does alot fot his community and is a BH fan when his team is not playing us. The man knows his football and has helped past BH players in the recruiting world. The flag in the middle of the field was a stupid move, but don't blam the Huffman community because of a couple of idiots.

PS BH by 100:D

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Im in RB.

I'm taken the Hill by a million again, plus one Eagle flag planted deep in the hearts of every Falcon out there.

It will once again be Huffman who?

We Can and Oh Yeah We Will!!

shellman54
10-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I will try to be there BArker. ETBU is a great guy, he loves football just like everyone here, and is talking up his team just like everyone here. Hey ETBU, gonna look us up at the game tonight?

Rainman
10-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Loves his team by taking what I said way out of context.

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
You just gotta meet the guy to understand.

He is alright.

Come see us ETBU.

:doh: So we can dog you about how bad you are getting strummed!! :doh:

Rainman
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I would be more than happy to meet him.

RBARKER
10-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
I would be more than happy to meet him.

Thats the spirit Rainman. It's easy to take a post out of context on a message board. I'm accused of hating every coach and thier families because I don't like the way our game plans haved paned out in the past. Have a safe trip tonight maybe we could meet sometime.