PDA

View Full Version : analysis of wylie/sweetwater game

3afan
10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
JASON'S ANALYSIS OF SWEETWATER VS ABILENE WYLIE

first off, i would like to thank mustang04 (you're my hero), wildstangs, and SwtwtrMstngs04 for your hospitality, me and mwynn05 had a great time at the game and at the after party...

ok, lets get to the game -

now, 90% of the people on here who know me know that i was at this game as an unbiased spectator, i did not care who won, i drove 168 miles just to see a good game...all the things i am going to say are coming from a completely objective fan...

i knew going in, it was 2 top ten teams, with one of the teams lacking signifigant starters (sweetwater), so, everything i say is based on me knowing that information...

the game started out really good, an all out defensive battle - wylie 6 sweetwater 3 at the half, we were all expecting the 2nd half to be really good and another defensive battle, turns out that wasnt the case...

the turning point of the game was obviously the sweetwater 'fumble' that got returned by wylie...
this is how it happened - the sweetwater player was CLEARLY tackled and down, but no whistle was blown, the ball was fumbled/taken by a wylie player and ran back for a touchdown - the refs had a conference about what happened and agreed that the touchdown should stand - it was the wrong call, i will admit the refs botched the call, BUT, it was not the reason sweetwater lost the game, i will get to that later...

this is when the ref bashing from sweetwater fans started, and me and mwynn05 both agreed the crying on the board would be 'we lost cause of the refs' - thats crap...again, ill get to why wylie won later on...

that touchdown made the score WYLIE 20 SWEETWATER 3

there were several plays that followed where whistles were not blown in a timely manner that could have let players get hurt or hit after the play was done (player downed) but no whistle was blown - all were when sweetwater was on offense - again, and i agreed with them this time, but more ref bashing came from sweetwater fans...

abilene wylie did go on to score one more touchdown, they marched down the field, with ease, and put another score on the board, the kick failed, final score WYLIE 26 SWEETWATER 3

ok, lets get to the fight/scuffle - yes, the wylie player hit the sweetwater player late, and it was called, the sweetwater player did retalliate, which i cant blame him, another flag was thrown (offsetting penalties)...i think the coaches did a good job of separating the players and getting them to their respective sidelines, where both coaches got their teams together (I ACTUALLY SAW THEM DO THIS) and have a short inter-team meeting, i would assume it was something to the effect of 'lets not get ugly, lets finish the game with class, etc'...

ok, this is what ive been waiting to say - THE BETTER TEAM, OF THE 2 THAT PLAYED LAST NIGHT, WAS CLEARLY ABILENE WYLIE, they dominated both sides of the ball (the lady sitting behind me, from sweetwater, agreed with me), and deserved to win the game...i will give sweetwaters defense credit, they were able to hold kasey keenum (who is a STUD), and his offense to 26 points (19 if you take away the fluke fumble)...the problem was, the sweetwater offense that was playing the game simply could not score against that wylie defense...even if that fluke touchdown had been 'undone' i dont think they (sweetwater) would have gone on to score on that posession or change the outcome of the game because, like i said, it was dominated by wylie...

now, im sure sweetwater is a better team with all their starters in, any team would be, but they didnt have them last night...i cant say whether or not they would have won with them because it wouldnt be fair because i didnt, or have never, seen them play -

however, i can say this - i saw the abilene wylie vs cuero state title game last year...in comparing THAT wylie team to this years wylie team - 3A Division I had better watch out, this team is faster, more versatile, and their STUD quarterback is an experienced, PROVEN leader...until they are taken out of the playoffs, i will say ABILENE WYLIE is the team to beat in this years playoffs...

i was told this was a friendly rivalry, and after the game, each team went to the other teams sideline and stood while school songs were played - that was a class act by both schools and a good way to end a night that involved the things that it did - as far as people standing on the field after the game, it happens, get over it, the wylie crowd did not 'parade' up and down the field - they came in (according to the ap poll) as the underdog, and they won, they deserved the right to celebrate...

sweetwater needs to take this game as a gut check, and i think they will, they now know the CAN be beaten, so they should learn from this - they won't have to play wylie again, they should start looking forward to another great game vs snyder...

after what i saw last night - you heard it here first -

abilene wylie, with their speed, experience, leadership, and pure talent, will repeat as 3A Division I champs...

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Nice analysis!

sww-bull52
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanx very much for your unbiased view. I agree with you in saying that Wylie will repeat as division I champs.
You are absolutly correct in saying that we should look to next week instead of dwelling on this loss. I said the same thing to my son, my nephew, and a whole lot of the other Mustangs after the game.

HighSchool Fan
10-08-2005, 09:47 PM
wylie won't repeat, 3rd round and they're out

Bandera YaYa
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Dang, wish I would have been there....now I wanna hear about the post game festivities!!!!!!! :D :D

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Good analysis of the game. Nice to finally meet ya too bad i had to go to work this morning or i woulda stayed around longer to hang out.

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 10:26 PM
was he down or should he have been ruled progress stopped.? Dont say down unless you have watched the tape because it shows everyone on their feet pushing with forward progress stopped. Ill admit it probably should have been blown dead but the refs were late on whistles all night long. As someone said in another post I am glad no one got hurt because of it.

Leopards,class of 75
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
wylie won't repeat, 3rd round and they're out Who will beat them on the 3rd round?

Whsdogs
10-08-2005, 10:52 PM
great analysis and it was nice meetin u...bout the play the shoulda been blown dead i can see why they didnt too cause many time sweetwater would be stopped in its tracks and then the runninback being strong as he is would mve the pile a few more yards so it was completely a fluke call...but i had a great time at the game and i love it when we play sweetwater cause it is a friendly rivalry, sad that the fight had to happen but like sweetwater and wylie always do they "hung out" a little bit afterwards haha...cant wait till these 2 teams tear up d1 and d2 ...get it done:D

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Who will beat them on the 3rd round?

your home town team :D

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Wylie's better? That aint no good...

You may be right, rommed-jason, cuz if the playoffs started today Cuero would go D2 :p

Nah, there's no doubt that if this team is better than last year they have a great shot at another title... people up North will have to be a lot better than last year to stand a chance...

Very deep team.... they were quick last year, just not real fast... if they're fast now, that aint no good...

Did that nose-tackle guy jump offsides and hit the center like the article said?

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 10:29 AM
people up north are alot better than they were last year, one of the teams up north has a better defense than the team that they won state with a couple of years ago and held the great burnet offense to just 17 points

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Dude, I don't think you'll get banned for typing the word 'Gainesville' on this thread...

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Dude, I don't think you'll get banned for typing the word 'Gainesville' on this thread...

oh, i didn't realize you had the term "people up north" pattened. i'll do better from now on.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 10:44 AM
"people up north"

That didn't mean Gainesville, don't flatter yourself...

Didn't feel like typing every team in region 1 and 2...

That'd also mean people down South as well... just felt like going North because that's where most of the "Wylie isn't as good and vulnerable" type talk has come out of... we're just too far away to give a for sure thumbs up or down for Wylie...

District303aPastPlayer
10-09-2005, 10:47 AM
a team down south has held its opponents to just 41 points in 6 games... :)

average of around 7 a game... 6.8 or so if you want a technical look at it. :D

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
a team down south has held its opponents to just 41 points in 6 games... :)

average of around 7 a game... 6.8 or so if you want a technical look at it. :D

Now if it were me I would ban you for saying Sinton, but I don't think our mods would ha

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 10:50 AM
where did i say that you meant gainesville only. i said people up north are better than last year, and that gainesville is better than they were 2 years ago. i didn't realize that was hard to understand.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 11:02 AM
i didn't realize that was hard to understand.

IT was, because I couldn't get anything else out of it...

I say "you can say Gainesville" and you say "Didn't realize you had 'people up north' patented"

What else was I supposed to take out of that?

How about we do it this way though:

Canyon, Borger, Perryton, Amarillo River Road, Dalhart, Levelland, Lubbock Cooper, Brownfield, Littlefield, Muleshoe, Fort Stockton, Pecos, Seminole, Monahans, Lamesa, Midland Greenwood, Snyder, Sweetwater, Clyde, Merkel, Hirschi, Graham, Vernon, Iowa Park, Breckenridge, Gainesville, Sanger, Bowie, Whitesboro, Pilot Point, Pottsboro, Decatur, Castleberry, Ranchview, Little Elm, Bridgeport, Lake Worth, West, Venus, Hillsboro, Glen Rose, Whitney, Comanche, Princeton, Royse City, Bonham, Nevada Community, Van Alstyne, Farmersville, Kennedale, Roosevelt, Madison, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Quinlan Ford, Commerce, Mount Vernon, Emory Rains, Winnsboro, Kaufman, Wills Point, Crandall, Kemp, Eustace, Gladewater, Gilmer, Pittsburg, Mineola, Gladewater Sabine, Liberty-Eylau, Pleasant Grove, Atlanta, New Boston, Daingerfield, Jefferson, Tyler Chapel Hill, Lindale, Brownsboro, Van, Canton, Bullard, Carthage, Center, Spring Hill, White Oak and Tatum will have to be a lot better than last year to stand a chance...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 11:07 AM

I say "you can say Gainesville" and you say "Didn't realize you had 'people up north' patented"

Canyon, Borger, Perryton, Amarillo River Road, Dalhart, Levelland, Lubbock Cooper, Brownfield, Littlefield, Muleshoe, Fort Stockton, Pecos, Seminole, Monahans, Lamesa, Midland Greenwood, Snyder, Sweetwater, Clyde, Merkel, Hirschi, Graham, Vernon, Iowa Park, Breckenridge, Gainesville, Sanger, Bowie, Whitesboro, Pilot Point, Pottsboro, Decatur, Castleberry, Ranchview, Little Elm, Bridgeport, Lake Worth, West, Venus, Hillsboro, Glen Rose, Whitney, Comanche, Princeton, Royse City, Bonham, Nevada Community, Van Alstyne, Farmersville, Kennedale, Roosevelt, Madison, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Quinlan Ford, Commerce, Mount Vernon, Emory Rains, Winnsboro, Kaufman, Wills Point, Crandall, Kemp, Eustace, Gladewater, Gilmer, Pittsburg, Mineola, Gladewater Sabine, Liberty-Eylau, Pleasant Grove, Atlanta, New Boston, Daingerfield, Jefferson, Tyler Chapel Hill, Lindale, Brownsboro, Van, Canton, Bullard, Carthage, Center, Spring Hill, White Oak and Tatum will have to be a lot better than last year to stand a chance...

And no, I couldn't have made that list without a DCTF, so I'm not trying to sell myself as someone who knows all of the teams in every region/whatever...

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 11:10 AM
that's a pretty good list, however, you can leave out whitsboro, pilot point, pottsboro, bowie and sanger.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2005, 11:13 AM
that's a pretty good list, however, you can leave out whitsboro, pilot point, pottsboro, bowie and sanger.

Oh, so they wouldn't have to be a lot better to stand a chance? ha?

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, so they wouldn't have to be a lot better to stand a chance? ha?

alot better still wouldn't be good enough for them teams.

NateDawg39
10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
I have a feeling BOTH Gainesville and Wylie will find a surprise waiting in the Semi-Finals, duh because whoever wins between those two will move on! Oh and I usually stick up for Decatur but I dont think they could survive beating Gainesville then Wylie. I see G-Ville goin to the Semi round and gettin knocked out because there heads couldnt fit in the stadium..

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I have a feeling BOTH Gainesville and Wylie will find a surprise waiting in the Semi-Finals, duh because whoever wins between those two will move on! Oh and I usually stick up for Decatur but I dont think they could survive beating Gainesville then Wylie. I see G-Ville goin to the Semi round and gettin knocked out because there heads couldnt fit in the stadium..

i guess you have experience about getting a big head. it seems to of happened to decatur last year.

Adidas410s
10-09-2005, 12:55 PM
i guess you have experience about getting a big head. it seems to of happened to decatur last year.

:hand: high five on that one! :clap:

CHS_CG
10-09-2005, 07:34 PM
pretty good analysis J. That would be messed up if we opened up a mag. and saw an article from Jason in there lol.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2005, 09:23 AM

Awesome. I still think Cuero is the team to beat this year and the team that has the best shot at doing it is Gainesville. Not saying they could or would just my opinion.