PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Band Marching Contest

maroonpirate04
10-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Anyone from Sinton know when the Pirate Band will be hosting the Marching Band Contest this year?, When I went to the Sinton-Orange Grove game I thought the Pirate Band did a great job in their half-time show. Would like to see the Sinton band compete with other 3A schools

marlin fan
10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Go band!!!!!!! How big is the Sinton Band?

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Go band!!!!!!!

:nerd: :nerd:

piratebg
10-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Anyone from Sinton know when the Pirate Band will be hosting the Marching Band Contest this year?, When I went to the Sinton-Orange Grove game I thought the Pirate Band did a great job in their half-time show. Would like to see the Sinton band compete with other 3A schools

According to the San Pat paper, the contest will not be in Sinton this year, the first time in 13 years. It will be in Falfurias next weekend. I believe there is a warm up contest in Sinton today, and Sinton will host the 1A/2A area round on Oct 29.

maroonpirate04
10-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
According to the San Pat paper, the contest will not be in Sinton this year, the first time in 13 years. It will be in Falfurias next weekend. I believe there is a warm up contest in Sinton today, and Sinton will host the 1A/2A area round on Oct 29.

Well that sucks, They should've left it at Sinton. Thats because I wanted to order the recorded contest on dvd from the company who always tapes it

maroonpirate04
10-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Go band!!!!!!! How big is the Sinton Band?

I'm not sure maybe over 150 or less, They may be small but they can play good the Pirate Band has a tradition since '88 of making it to the uil contest almost every year if im correct

piratebg
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Well that sucks, They should've left it at Sinton. Thats because I wanted to order the recorded contest on dvd from the company who always tapes it

The contest was moved because of complaints from schools that live far away and have to make the drive every year. Mainly the smaller schools like Premont, San Diego, and everyone else that lives out there have been complaining for years. They finally have it their way.

maroonpirate04
10-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Well I think that's kinda dumb cuz if they advance chances are they still have to travel far to compete