PDA

View Full Version : I have electricity

Cat22
10-08-2005, 11:39 AM
After a little over two weeks I finally have power at home. Let me just say thanks to all the power guys who are working there butts off to restore power to Southeast Texas. There are workers here from all over the Country and Canada who are working dust to dawn to restore power. Thanks guys. Just found out that Orangefield will start school on the 19th. Still trying to find out some info on when football will start and what the area teams will do to makeup district games.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Woo Hoo!!!

Congrats...I bet it feel wonderful to be home and things getting "somewhat" back to normal!

Cat22
10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
It does feel good, thanks Ranger Mom. Just heard football practice starts Monday. Things are really get back to normal now.

GS#17
10-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm glad to see you're back home safe and sound! The district committee is supposed to meet Monday, and we'll know what the district season is going to hold for us after that time. As for our district, Anahuac played last night (they beat Alvin's JV 67-0); WOS and Bridge City return to practice this week; but I haven't heard anything about HJ, HF, or OF.

SintonFan
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
That's great Cat22. It's time yall get some sense of normalcy.:clap:

Cat22
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey GS, how are you and all the other posters from WO-S. Orangefield starts practice on Monday the 10th.

44INAROW
10-08-2005, 12:15 PM
That's great news Cat22 :) Hope everything gets back to normal ASAP :)

GS#17
10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Everyone I've talked to is doing well. I think most of us have made it back home and fared okay, all things considered. Being in Beaumont, my electricity was restored Monday, but Orange still has a bunch of people without power and they don't expect electricity to be restored to some people for another few weeks.

Now that people are getting back to their lives, I'm glad to see the return of football. We should know the district schedules by Monday or Tuesday, which is a very good feeling. From what I've heard, WOS is set to play Anahuac Friday afternoon (kickoff at 3 or 3:30); HJ Tuesday night; and HF Saturday night. I imagine most will have the same type of setup.

wos fan1
10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
Hey GS, how are you and all the other posters from WO-S. Orangefield starts practice on Monday the 10th. We're finally back as well. Glad your ok. We start practice Monday at 4. The only problem is we may be missing a few starters.

Cat22
10-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Glad to hear you're ok wos fan 1. Looks like your intuition about Rita was right. I've got trees down all over the place and some damage to my house, but it could have been alot worse.

wos fan1
10-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Yes we had alot of damage but it would have been even worse if the eye would have been 15 miles farther west. Glad your ok. Glad to see football returning next Friday. Alot of power still out though in Orange.