PDA

View Full Version : Texas - OU

JasperDog94
10-08-2005, 11:08 AM
I think this is finally Texas' year.

Ranger05
10-08-2005, 11:36 AM
yea it should be, if texas loses then mack brown should be fired on the spot.

vet93
10-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I think that this is Mack and the horns year....make it count!

piratebg
10-08-2005, 12:18 PM
So who else is enjoying Minnesta vs Michigan right now?

piratebg
10-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Nevermind........technical difficulties. UT scores on first drive 7-0.

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 01:30 PM
14-6 Longhorns w/5:50 left in the 2nd. The 'Horns had better not let OU hang around much longer---could get "ugly". They don't seem to be able to put OU "away" even though they are moving the ball well.

Old Tiger
10-08-2005, 01:46 PM
These commentators are horrible

Old Tiger
10-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Billy Pittman scores!!!!!

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
These commentators are horrible

Fouts, maybe---but Keith Jackson--no way.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Sorry but he is terrible now..he called Aaron Harris a sophmore
and has made a ton of mistakes.

lepfan
10-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Keith Jackson needed to have retired long ago! He sucks!

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Keith Jackson needed to have retired long ago! He sucks!

I must say that I enjoyed the few minutes w/o video and listening to Keith Jackson call the game. He calls a game the way it's supposed to be called. Nevermind the errors...the same could have been said for Summerall his last few years. They are some of the last great announcers on TV...off hand I would also include Al Michaels, Jim Nantz for golf, and maybe even Costas as the young one of the group.

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and has made a ton of mistakes.

Again, the difference between us "old guys" and the "new guys",Txb. Keith Jackson may not be the broadcaster he once was, but he has forgotten more college football than most folks can remember. Guess I'm just not a "What have you done for me lately" sports fan. Harry Cary wasn't the sharpest his last few years in baseball broadcasting, but he was an icon, and yes, embarrasing to the Cubs at times. Your being in the business, I understand and respect your preference for excellence in the broadcast booth, and believe that less than professionals should not be on the air.. You'll be "older than dirt" too, one of these days.

Old Tiger
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Howard Cosell(Spelling?) was awesome

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Again, the difference between us "old guys" and the "new guys",Txb. Keith Jackson may not be the broadcaster he once was, but he has forgotten more college football than most folks can remember. Guess I'm just not a "What have you done for me lately" sports fan. Harry Cary wasn't the sharpest his last few years in baseball broadcasting, but he was an icon, and yes, embarrasing to the Cubs at times. Your being in the business, I understand and respect your preference for excellence in the broadcast booth, and believe that less than professionals should not be on the air.. You'll be "older than dirt" too, one of these days.

I love Jackson and think he is a legend, but I do not want an icon in the booth who makes mistakes, and honestly sounds like he does not want to be doing the game just because he is a legend.

Leopards,class of 75
10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
and has made a ton of mistakes. Yes Keith Jackson made a mistake on that quote, but who cares? He is a classic and he is very neutral when he does a game.

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I love Jackson and think he is a legend, but I do not want an icon in the booth who makes mistakes, and honestly sounds like he does not want to be doing the game just because he is a legend.

You confirmed what I knew you felt as a broadcast professional, Txb---and again, I respect that.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2005, 02:21 PM
You confirmed what I knew you felt as a broadcast professional, Txb---and again, I respect that.

I am sorry but I do not know what u mean by that?

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 02:27 PM

You confirmed your feelings that I guessed you have stated in the next to last line of my prior post, Txb. Sorry if I seemed to state your opinion for you. That was not my intention.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2005, 02:34 PM
ahhh ok sorry lol...It just frustrates me to see announcers who are doing a game that they have had all week to prepare for with all the resources and staff that helps them and make a bunch of mistakes. And I do not mean basic mistakes like saying one guy has the ball when it is someone else..those happen. I mean like calling Selvin young..Selvin Jones and never correcting it. Saying Harris is a soph( he did correct that).

But what gets me more, is Fouts and Keith both just do not sound like they want to be there. And of course that is just my opinion.

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Outstanding! Texas is beginning to "pull away"-31-6. We need some respect restoring, long- time-a- coming OU butt-kicking payback.

GS#17
10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Did ABC just pull the plug on the UT-OU game throughout Texas in favor of showing the Michigan game, or is it only here? :flamingma

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
A rout is needed for Texas because of the mental aspect of the last 5 years.

lepfan
10-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Outstanding! Texas is beginning to "pull away"-31-6. We need some respect restoring, long- time-a- coming payback, OU butt-kicking.
You get respect restored a little bit each year (that UT wins). Consecutive years win more respect....sporadic wins get less. :) Congrats UT fans...

wos fan1
10-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Did ABC just pull the plug on the UT-OU game throughout Texas in favor of showing the Michigan game, or is it only here? :flamingma Man i don't know?? Go Horns!! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 03:13 PM
It's still on here, but I switched to the Tech game at 3. :D

Old Tiger
10-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
You get respect restored a little bit each year (that UT wins). Consecutive years win more respect....sporadic wins get less. :) Congrats UT fans... Yup and Texas leads the series against OU ;) :)

lepfan
10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yup and Texas leads the series against OU ;) :)

By 1?

TMer25
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Texas is 56-39-5 against OU after today

lepfan
10-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Texas is 56-39-5 against OU after today

That is like from 1900 something isn't it?

PhiI C
10-08-2005, 11:22 PM
It was great for Texas to win after five long years but we have to remember that it was close. Oklahoma stayed within striking distance most of the game. It wasn't until Rod Wright's big fumble return for a td did Texas finally cinch the big win.

Pmoney
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
it was a great game go TEXAS