PDA

View Full Version : Friday Footnotes

Bullaholic
10-08-2005, 09:48 AM
"Who let the 'Dogs out?". Congrats to Abilene Wylie on a tremendous win over Sweetwater. If I had to pick the winners of HS football games for a living---I'd starve to death---I picked Sweetwater by 14 in this one. No doubt Ablene Wylie deserves the credit for being one of the best teams in the state---they just keep beating everybody each week, (Except Graham). Looks like only Snyder stands in the Bulldogs' way for yet another 4-3A championship.

Bridgeport 34-Little Elm 33. Bridgeport came away with the win in this one on the back of Colin Jones. He made a 62-yard incredible full-extension, fingertip catch over the middle at full speed for the tying touchdown with 1:23 left, and then made a drive stopping int with :23 left to end the Lobo's chances. Kudos to Little Elm for a great effort---Cole Beasley, QB, is an incredible runner and the Lobos never gave up and played a great game.

Added Note: G2 came to the game and I had a chance to meet him. What a disappointment---What a letdown. Turns out this crazy, madcap sports-lover is nothing more than a really nice guy with whom it was a pleasure to visit. He never once tried to molest any of the women or insult any of the men. Maybe I caught him on an "off" night.

Congrats to Gainesville, Kennedale, Lake Worth, and Decatur(wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles lose a 7-3A game or two) on their wins. These are some of the better North Texas teams right now.

GreenMonster
10-08-2005, 08:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: You mean to tell me that G2 is actually normal???? No way. He does have nice taste when it comes to lunch tho. :D

bleedgreen
10-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Ditto to the Bulls on their win. When Kennedale visited a couple of weeks ago, I was immediately struck by the stadium. I can tell the Bulls have tremendous community support. All successful teams must have that as a base.