PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 32 Hallettsville 21

Gobbla2001
10-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Kind of excited about this score, believe it or not...

Cuero looked rusty for a while after going two straight weeks without a game, but they did a good job...

For those who do not know (I haven't read the second page or anything yet, so I do not know if this has been discussed yet), Cuero played tonight's game without 4 defensive starters and 4 offensive starters...

The 4 on defense were two LB's and two DB's, all starters... believe a player who was moved up to alternate at DT did not play as well...

On offense the two Cuero receivers who leads the area in receiving yards did not play, along with one starting OL-man and RB Latreal Cooper...

Great win guys, the back-ups did a great job tonight...

Bandera YaYa
10-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I heard you lost all those players because they were late to practice...wow....that was sure dumb of them......anyways, congrats on the win!!! :D

Gobbla2001
10-07-2005, 11:56 PM
No, they ate too much at Don Bravos during lunch today???

They all suited up, but never touched the field...

Bandera YaYa
10-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No, they ate too much at Don Bravos during lunch today???

They all suited up, but never touched the field... Hmmm.....guess I heard a rumor..... :thinking:

Gobbla2001
10-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Hmmm.....guess I heard a rumor..... :thinking:

Yah, they missed practice, weren't even late...

Word is they were greatly effected by the 100+ degree heat the day before and were physically drained... and instead of saying "Coach I can't go today" they didn't say anything... they learned their lessons and seem to be comfortable with their punishment...

Latreal Cooper's suspension was a separate incident... it was really nothing at all, it was related to the treatment of his knee from what I know... In my honest opinion, he would have been playing tonight if the others had not already been suspended... coach did not show any favoritism...

Way to go Coach...

Bandera YaYa
10-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, they missed practice, weren't even late...

Word is they were greatly effected by the 100+ degree heat the day before and were physically drained... and instead of saying "Coach I can't go today" they didn't say anything... they learned their lessons and seem to be comfortable with their punishment...

Latreal Cooper's suspension was a separate incident... it was really nothing at all, it was related to the treatment of his knee from what I know... In my honest opinion, he would have been playing tonight if the others had not already been suspended... coach did not show any favoritism...

Way to go Coach... Yeah, I agree...way to stick to your guns, coach!! :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
10-08-2005, 12:11 AM
I remember missing practice once my sophmore year without calling in or anything...

I believe it was labor day, we had practice at 4... I was on my way back from Lake Texana where we were camping that weekend, the roads were slick and I was driving, my step-cousin was with me, he was 21 or something, I was only 15 driving with my permit...

some drunk lady came up beside us and kept looking at us, she hit a puddle and started sliding (at 70 MPH), her wheels caught traction and she slammed into my side...

This was about 5 hours before practice, I was not hurt or anything, but I didn't call in or anything...

another lesson they try to teach you... if possible, let people who are counting on you know your status...

SintonFan
10-08-2005, 12:55 AM
WoW!
With all those starters out you know the Gobbs have some depth and will benefit from this nice win. I agree with you G2K and would be kinda excited about this win too.;) Halletsville is no pushover and for you guys to do this against them is not half bad if you're playing with a half deck.
Congratulations on the win Gobblers!:clap:

44INAROW
10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Halletsville is no pushover and for you guys to do this against them is not half bad if you're playing with a half deck.
Congratulations on the win Gobblers!:clap:

You are 100% correct - Hallettsville is a great team!

I am SO PROUD of the Gobblers. True winners, win even through adversity and hardship, and that is just what those young men did last night. Great game Gobblers :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
nm

Mustangpride09
10-08-2005, 04:07 PM
closer than i thought it would be, good job gobblers