PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville 41 Connally 40 2OT

JR2004
10-07-2005, 11:31 PM
I saw this score reported on the websites of two news stations in Waco so I'm assuming this is right. Anyone at the game care to confirm or give a report on what happened? If this score is right, this is easily the biggest win Gatesville has had since beating Wylie for the state championship in 2000 and the biggest win for Mike Morgan since he took over as head coach of his alma mater in 2001. I think my prediction from 2003 that the winner of this game would decide the district championship in 2005 (and 2006)might hold up. I wish I had done what I intended to do and spent Madison's off week down at McKamie Stadium now after seeing this score!

JR2004
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Got an update on what happened tonight from someone who is pretty well qualified to give a good first-hand account of what transpired. Apparently I missed a great game played by both teams from what I gather. And anyone in Gatesville who still thinks the Hornet offensive coaches play it too close to the vest in the big moments of a game had that theory completely blown out of the water from what I was told. :)

hoosierdaddy
10-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Both teams played their hearts out and battled to the very end. It was one of those game it was sad someone had to lose. The difference was a missed extra point try in the 2nd OT. It was very moving to see both teams meet and pray together at midfield after the game. These are two well coached, high class programs.

GreenMonster
10-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Sounds like them boys came to ball!

Swarm 51
10-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I was at the game and by the time it was over I was emotionally exhausted. Connally got off to a 17-0 start and it looked as if it would be a long night for G'ville. But, those Hornets never quit, and never gave up. The Cadets are blessed with speed and talent both offensively and defensively, and I think they were surprised that G'ville was capable of matching them TD for TD once the Hornet offense got cranked up. Their new no-huddle, wide open offense installed this year is exciting to watch. J.R, you would enjoy seeing them play. No more smash-mouth football. We miss not seeing you in G'ville on Friday nights.