PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Sealy, Austin County Big Game of the Week!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Bellville will travel to Sealy to play the Tigers during Austin County Fair week. Will Bellville stay on a roll or will Sealy get the big upset after being upset by Hempstead?
Give a prediction on one of the biggest rivel games in Texas!

Chris Hart
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Gonna get UGLY!

Brahmasportsfan
10-08-2005, 08:59 AM
No need to go to the game, just gunna wait for rotexsolja or Johnnyutah's prediction.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey Chris, gonna get ugly, for Bellville or Sealy?:D

Chris Hart
10-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey Chris, gonna get ugly, for Bellville or Sealy?:D Must you ask, lol? Sealy of course. I plan to come and watch you guys play in the semis this year.;)

Johnny Utah
10-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Bellville in a ROMP the rest of the way!!! If Sealy can not get in, look for Bellville to go D2 again!!!

BigRed
10-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Johnny Utah, it does not matter if Sealy makes it past district. Navasota is the only school with a larger school body than Bellville. And the Rattlers will not make it past district, Bellville will go D1.

NateDawg39
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I pick Sealy in this one. By 12 points. Something like 38-26.

Raider Nurse
10-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Good luck and may the best team win!!!! I think Bellville will take this one.

HPLJ6L
10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Is it IN Bellville...no
But look for the Titletown refs, to keep this one close.
B'ville by3
And bonus if there are no questionable calls, I will shut up and never speak of the subject again.

scotty
10-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I think the Tigers will need at least eight hometown refs in order to make it close. Right now I see Rice, Hempstead and Bellville representing D-20-3A and if that takes place Bellville will be D-1.

CheerMom
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Bellville wins this one in a big way. Sealy is struggling, and won't be able to handle the Brahmas. Play safe.

rhs78
10-10-2005, 08:43 AM
I think this game will be closer than most think,Sealy is tough at home and and my opinion most if not all calls somehow go their way at home. Bellville is a great team and will overcome any questionable calls and still win by at least 10 if not more. Good luck to both teams and be safe.

nexfan
10-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by scotty
I think the Tigers will need at least eight hometown refs in order to make it close. Right now I see Rice, Hempstead and Bellville representing D-20-3A and if that takes place Bellville will be D-1.

There has to be another team better than Hempstead. Whats there record in district?

rhs78
10-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by nexfan
There has to be another team better than Hempstead. Whats there record in district?

Hempstead is 1-0 in distrct by beating Sealy last friday. Sealy or Navisota have to start playing much much better if either of them will even make the playoffs. Hempstead is much improved over last year.

HPLJ6L
10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Hempstead? Are you sure?:thinking:

Bull's-eye
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Hempstead did get the win aginst Sealy, but it looked like Sealy beat themselves. Sealy had 2 wild deep snaps that cost them the game. Sealy held Hempstead to 36 yards rushing, 110 yards passing and only 7 first downs.

nexfan
10-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
Hempstead is 1-0 in distrct by beating Sealy last friday. Sealy or Navisota have to start playing much much better if either of them will even make the playoffs. Hempstead is much improved over last year.

I think Columbia was more solid last year, they still havent came close to playing a complete game this year.

Last year the beat hempstead 25 - 7. This year they destroyed them 44-14. Hempstead shouldnt have even scored. There is no way they are much improved. They are just a year older. They are not a playoff caliber team and if they do get into the playoffs I would feel very optimistic for their opponent.

HPLJ6L
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I am still not so sure about Hempstead but....Columbia? :confused:
Who have they beat? The Fighting Exporters of B'Port? Yoakum? Lamar Con...oh nevermind.

Johnny Utah
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Big Red, Navasota has a chance, and only a chance if Sealy lost to Basketball Happy Hempstead!!! Bellville romps no matter what, D1, D2, does not matter!!!!

nexfan
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Who did Bellville lose to and why are they all of a sudden the team.

Brahmasportsfan
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Bellville lost to Cameron in the last 20 seconds. They won district last year, and are a little better this year.

scotty
10-10-2005, 07:24 PM
It’s really hard for me to see the homer bit when it comes to officiating in Sealy. I believe that during the T.J. Mills’ years there were more calls that went against Sealy than for them. Most of the time the Tigers kicked tail so that it didn’t matter how an official called the game anyway. And if there was such a homer attitude by the refs, doesn’t it make you wonder why the only loss the Tigers suffered between 1994-’97 was a game played in Sealy. A good homer ref would have thrown a flag on a couple of the La Grange TDs and the Tigers would have ended up 64-0 instead of 63-1 in those four years.
Mills, while being a great coach, has a demeanor that causes people who really didn’t know him to dislike him. I sincerely believe that while he was in Sealy there were times that a teacher could have given a kid some slack and passed him, they did the opposite and failed him because of T.J.
Referees did the same thing and they carry it on to this day because it’s still Sealy.
Homer officiating in Sealy I just don’t believe it.

BigRed
10-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Big Red, Navasota has a chance, and only a chance if Sealy lost to Basketball Happy Hempstead!!! Bellville romps no matter what, D1, D2, does not matter!!!!

I agree with you that Bellville will roll in D1 or D2. I do think Sealy will beat Navasota and push them out of the district race, forcing Bellville to go D1.

Where is Mingus?

BigRed
10-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by scotty
It’s really hard for me to see the homer bit when it comes to officiating in Sealy. I believe that during the T.J. Mills’ years there were more calls that went against Sealy than for them. Most of the time the Tigers kicked tail so that it didn’t matter how an official called the game anyway. And if there was such a homer attitude by the refs, doesn’t it make you wonder why the only loss the Tigers suffered between 1994-’97 was a game played in Sealy. A good homer ref would have thrown a flag on a couple of the La Grange TDs and the Tigers would have ended up 64-0 instead of 63-1 in those four years.
Mills, while being a great coach, has a demeanor that causes people who really didn’t know him to dislike him. I sincerely believe that while he was in Sealy there were times that a teacher could have given a kid some slack and passed him, they did the opposite and failed him because of T.J.
Referees did the same thing and they carry it on to this day because it’s still Sealy.
Homer officiating in Sealy I just don’t believe it.

Scotty, I played against Sealy in the late 80's and watched them through the 90's. Mills bailed kids out of jail to get them at Summer practice. The only way kids failed out of Football during the Mills era is if they did not start!

I do agree with you 100% about the officiating. Sealy does not have an officiating crew just for Sealy. Some calls go your way and some don't. Officials are human and do the best they can.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey Nexfan, Bellville looked to be on a rebuilding year lossing a lot of players to graduation, but the young group we have this year were so good througt the years, they have come together as a team almost overnight. this team was the underdog there first 3 games playing 3 top rated teams to start the year and won 2 of them, and was 20 seconds away from being 3-0. I belive we have played two of the best teams in state and even with Bellville playing mostly Jrs, and Sophmors Bellville can play with the best of them this year. But look out for this team next two years! It will only get better for Bellville football but this year is not over yet. Look for Bellville to get close this year, or win it all!

powerranger
10-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Last week against hempstead was a fluke, two botch deep snaps at the end of the game gave hempstead the win. Sealy's defense was solid and held them to minumium yards and the offense drove the ball easily against the fast defense of the bobcats. This week is gonna be ugly, the tiger brahama rivalry is vicious. This week we want blood, bellville will face their second loss this week. No bad snaps this week boys.

scotty
10-11-2005, 09:36 AM
It really amazes me what people come up with. When Big Red pointed out that only reserves failed during Mills’ era in Sealy I will just have to direct you to the 1996 Sealy – La Grange game. That’s the one that broke the Tiger winning streak with the Leps winning 20-12 at Tiger Stadium in Sealy.
That night Sealy started two sophomores and a junior in the backfield because of failing grades. One of those starters was All-State fullback Jaron Dabney. If you don’t want to take my word, go to the Banner Press office in Columbus or the News office in Sealy and they will let you look it up in their archives. The jail time and the summer practices are just about as far fetched as the other bull s@#+.

rhs78
10-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by nexfan
I think Columbia was more solid last year, they still havent came close to playing a complete game this year.

Last year the beat hempstead 25 - 7. This year they destroyed them 44-14. Hempstead shouldnt have even scored. There is no way they are much improved. They are just a year older. They are not a playoff caliber team and if they do get into the playoffs I would feel very optimistic for their opponent.

All i'm saying is the record for Hemstead is 5-1 so far this year (2-8 and 1-9 the last two years) If that is not improvement then I don't know what is. They must be doing something right. WC is probably much better this year than last year,thus the killing of the Bobcats this year.

UPanIN
10-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Brahmasportsfan
They won district last year, and are a little better this year.

Just to verify that Rice and Navasota had a part of that district as champs.

Johnny Utah
10-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Mingus is up North, in Palo Pinto County, just off I-20!!!

hoosierdaddy
10-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Brahmasportsfan
Bellville lost to Cameron in the last 20 seconds. They won district last year, and are a little better this year.

Bellville split the district last year to be precise! it was a three way tie with Rice and Navasota. Just making sure we have the facts straight.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Bellville was the #1 seed in district last year by points scored in the game vs Rice.

Brahmasportsfan
10-11-2005, 12:07 PM
They were all 4&1 in District, so you go to points in head to head games. 17 is the max each game. Bellville was +14, Rice 0, and Nav. -14.

UPanIN
10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I believe you only go to points when it determines who goes to the playoffs.

But if Bellville wants to believe they won dist by points who cares. The game between Navasota and Bellville last year was a great game to see. Rice and Navasota was ugly and Bellville and Rice was just sad.

powerranger
10-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I agree hempstead has improved since the previous years, but they are not as strong as their record shows. You have to look at who they have faced. They have played four 2a teams and won them all. They got beat by a good west columbia team, and played very well against sealy, but we beat ourselves in that game. Hempstead does has a couple of strong athletes tho. I just hope there isnt anymore suprising games in this district play. Sealy can handle bellville.

Bull's-eye
10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by hoosierdaddy
Bellville split the district last year to be precise! it was a three way tie with Rice and Navasota. Just making sure we have the facts straight.
Correct, I read that all 3 teams shared the title. Bellville did become the #1 seed in the play offs.

Johnny Utah
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Not meant as a slap in the face, but Bellville will defeat Sealy soundly!!!

Bull's-eye
10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Bellville vs Sealy

Bellville's offense has been on a major roll, averaging 43 points & 414 yard in their last 4 games. In all of those games, except Marlin, most of their starters were out by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Sealy usually has a good defensive team, but I don't think their offense can match the Brahmas. Looking for a Bellville win, but you never know in this Austin County rivalry. Both teams must remain focus and not get distracted by the activities going on at the fair grounds.

KL3
10-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by powerranger
I just hope there isnt anymore suprising games in this district play. Sealy can handle bellville.

powerranger, sealy "handling" bellville would be quite the surprise. That being said, I am thinking this game will be really close.

powerranger
10-12-2005, 11:47 PM
thats why it is the game of the week, cause its gonna be close!!! I think this will be the best game of district 20 play, come watch us and be supprised.

UPanIN
10-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Sealy by a FG.

Bellville22
10-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Bellville by 17

Bull's-eye
10-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Good luck to both teams! Go Bulls!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

powerranger
10-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Well UpanIN u were close, but it ended up bellville by a FG. Ne1 suprised on how well the Sealy Tigers did against this top ranked bellville team?

kevo081
10-15-2005, 01:16 PM
last night was one of the most intense games i have ever played in. sealy is not a bad football team. everyone was expecting us to just blow them out. they have tremendous speed all over the field. luckily we still beat them but my hat is off to sealy for how well they played, especially with the new offense and all.

scotty
10-15-2005, 03:36 PM
kevo081
What a class act. Tells me something about you and your upbringing, good luck the rest of the way.

Mustangpride09
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
nice job by both teams

Bull's-eye
10-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Sealy flip-flopped their QB and receiver, with both doing very well in their new positions. I think Sealy can possibly run the table and make the play-offs. Watch out 20-3A, looks like the Tigers are starting to Roar! Good luck Tigers!

44INAROW
10-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by powerranger
Ne1 suprised on how well the Sealy Tigers did against this top ranked bellville team?

Didn't surprise me at all. Sealy played Cuero a tough game and they should not be taken lightly. Congrats on the win Brahmas :clap: