PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 15 Dallas Roosevelt 12

bleedgreen
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Folks, if you want the most bang for the buck, come watch Kennedale play. Every time they play, they do what they have to do in order to win. The Roosevelt Mustangs had the ball on the Kennedale 5 with 1st and goal and about 8 minutes to go in the game. A touch down would put them ahead......the defense held on 4 plays....just phenomenal. I'll add much more later after posting this.

JR2004
10-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Heard that possession inside the 10 was the difference in the game. I'm kinda surprised to see Roosevelt play Kennedale that close, but I guess Velt really wants to make the playoffs this season. I might have to switch my prediction about Ferris being the 3rd place team in the district. :)

garageoffice
10-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Heard that possession inside the 10 was the difference in the game. I'm kinda surprised to see Roosevelt play Kennedale that close, but I guess Velt really wants to make the playoffs this season. I might have to switch my prediction about Ferris being the 3rd place team in the district. :)

Take a look at Roosevelt's schedule and their record so far this year. They've been underestimated all year long. Getting some of the kids from Wilmer-Hutchins didn't hurt them any.

bleedgreen
10-08-2005, 04:27 PM
What made this game close was a fumble on the 3 yard line with 7:23 to go in the half which would have put Kennedale up 14-0. After that, Roosevelt was a different team. Another Kennedale fumble with 1:55 left in the half led to another Mustang TD with 5 seconds left on the clock. That one really hurt.
I am very impressed with Kennedale's ability to stay focused. They always believe they can win because there is no self doubt. I believe confidence can be a winning factor on any team.