PDA

View Full Version : A. Wylie 26 @ Sweetwater 3 F

fury900
10-07-2005, 10:14 PM
A. Wylie 26 @ Sweetwater 3 F

KingRob
10-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Dang! Can't believe Sweetwater couldn't score a touchdown on them. What happened?

3afan
10-07-2005, 10:20 PM
they're maybe not as good as everyone thought ???

Ranger Rebel
10-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't they have 5 or 6 starters out??

JR2004
10-07-2005, 10:21 PM
That score sounds about right. Wylie is still the team to beat out in West Texas.

Stownhorse
10-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Rebel
Don't they have 5 or 6 starters out??

Yes sir, and it is killing us.

Stownhorse
10-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they're maybe not as good as everyone thought ???

You act like we played a unranked team.

Ranger Rebel
10-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Yes sir, and it is killing us.

Im a girl

injuredinmelee
10-07-2005, 11:04 PM
i think they had 4 starters out. Wylie played pretty solid defense. They didnt let the two running backs get too loose. Cant wait to hear the talk about the third touchdown.

Da Mules
10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
not to jump on anybody while they're down...
I really couldn't figure why Sweetwater had a tough game with Levelland last week. I was real concerned about them, but the Loboes just are not that good. The injury situation has got to be hurtin the Stangs more than we thought.
Hang in there, Sweetwater. You could still finish in a 3-way tie in your district, and the Snyder game is gonna be a good one.

Stownhorse
10-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Rebel
Im a girl

My bad. Yes Ma'am

Pmoney
10-07-2005, 11:21 PM
it was a great game...sweetwater was lucky to get 3 pts on wylie...wylie controlled the game

Adidas410s
10-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i think they had 4 starters out. Wylie played pretty solid defense. They didnt let the two running backs get too loose. Cant wait to hear the talk about the third touchdown.

Well since that is one issue that I don't mind inputing my thoughts on...here ya go! First to recap for those not there, Sweetwater running back takes the handoff up the middle and runs into a pile of linemen from both teams and appears to be stopped somewhere amongst the pile, then out of nowhere everybody's 3ADL player Jared Robertson comes running out with the ball and runs it back 34 yards for a touchdown. Keep in mind that the runner was never pulled to the ground but that he was in the middle of a big standing pile. Obviously, no whistle was ever blown to signal his forward progress having been stopped. I can guess that the reason for this was because many times tonight a sweetwater runner would run into the pile and then the pile would move forward for an extra few yards before the play was caled dead. If this play had taken place early in the 1st quarter then I bet it would likely have been blown dead but since many times the RB has run into the line and then kept going for a few more yards, the officials let it go. Needless to say, the Coach Jackson from Sweetwater was less than happy with the call and some of the actions that ensued later in the 4th quarter...I will leave that part to your imagination or until somebody else feels like bringing it up. :rolleyes:

Da Mules
10-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I got a poor imagination. But it sounds like some kids starting getting frustrated, and the 15-yard flags came out?? :confused:

Adidas410s
10-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
I got a poor imagination. But it sounds like some kids starting getting frustrated, and the 15-yard flags came out?? :confused:

You could say that. Sweetwater was flagged for a late hit after Keenum scored from 24 yards out on 4th and 1. The next point leads to Wylie having ANOTHER bad XP snap and Sweetwater is flagged for another late hit...which lead to retaliation from some Wylie players and then Sweetwater coaches rushing across the field to get their players. All of this was taking place in front of the Wylie bench. Ultimately, Sweetwater got the kick and ran the ball 3 times which allowed for a "cooling off period" and then they punted to Wylie which then took a knee.

Da Mules
10-07-2005, 11:50 PM
When you've been on a roll and have such high hopes; it's tough to swallow that loss. Not makin excuses for poor sportsmanship.. there is no valid excuse for trying to hurt somebody, just cause you're beat. These are just 16- to 18-year old kids. However, hope to hear that the offenders are running bleachers or some such next week as a little reminder of how you're supposed to play the game.
Tonight, I saw coach David Wood jerk a Muleshoe player who got a 15-yarder on a face mask out of the game, and chew him up one side and down the other. and the kid will be payin extra for it tomorrow morning. That's the way it should be. Coaches ultimately control this kind of thing.

Adidas410s
10-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
When you've been on a roll and have such high hopes; it's tough to swallow that loss. Not makin excuses for poor sportsmanship.. there is no valid excuse for trying to hurt somebody, just cause you're beat. These are just 16- to 18-year old kids. However, hope to hear that the offenders are running bleachers or some such next week as a little reminder of how you're supposed to play the game.
Tonight, I saw coach David Wood jerk a Muleshoe player who got a 15-yarder on a face mask out of the game, and chew him up one side and down the other. and the kid will be payin extra for it tomorrow morning. That's the way it should be. Coaches ultimately control this kind of thing.

wow where was this opinion the last few days on the board? It sure wasn't a popular opinion around here Wednesday and Thursday...:rolleyes:

mulefan
10-08-2005, 12:25 AM
i agree, you cant let the kids loose their cool and hurt the whole team.

SintonFan
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Congratulations on the win Abilene Wylie!
Looks like the team to beat for sure. :clap:
Get your guys back Sweetwater and learn from the loss. Yall will be alright and be better.:cool:

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Well since that is one issue that I don't mind inputing my thoughts on...here ya go! First to recap for those not there, Sweetwater running back takes the handoff up the middle and runs into a pile of linemen from both teams and appears to be stopped somewhere amongst the pile, then out of nowhere everybody's 3ADL player Jared Robertson comes running out with the ball and runs it back 34 yards for a touchdown. Keep in mind that the runner was never pulled to the ground but that he was in the middle of a big standing pile. Obviously, no whistle was ever blown to signal his forward progress having been stopped. I can guess that the reason for this was because many times tonight a sweetwater runner would run into the pile and then the pile would move forward for an extra few yards before the play was caled dead. If this play had taken place early in the 1st quarter then I bet it would likely have been blown dead but since many times the RB has run into the line and then kept going for a few more yards, the officials let it go. Needless to say, the Coach Jackson from Sweetwater was less than happy with the call and some of the actions that ensued later in the 4th quarter...I will leave that part to your imagination or until somebody else feels like bringing it up. :rolleyes:
The hillbilly PA announcer was cracking me up with his "commentary" after the stripped ball. Just announce. If we need play by play we will bring headphones.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 06:32 AM
wow where was this opinion the last few days on the board? It sure wasn't a popular opinion around here Wednesday and Thursday...:rolleyes:

Actually, my opinion on poor sportsmanship (which was the issue then) is that the player should be held accountable for his actions. It is definitely nothing to be proud of and that was the point trying to be made then.

Da Mules
10-08-2005, 07:45 AM
wow where was this opinion the last few days on the board? It sure wasn't a popular opinion around here Wednesday and Thursday...

Huh :confused: I guess I missed that discussion. Poor sportsmanship and "unncessary roughness" are ALWAYS wrong, wrong, WRONG in my book.

vet93
10-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Were you referring to the first part of this post stating that they are only 16-18 yr old kids and should be given some slack or the second part where the kids should be held accountable for their actions. Kudos to the Robertson kid for getting the td and not getting kicked out of the game. In regards to some of his on the field antics this year with the personal fouls and intentional penalties...hopefully Coach Sandifer has cooled his jets a little with some creative discipline. I would be very dissappointed if Sandifer let it go with a slap on the wrist and a wink. Nothing wrong with playing aggressively, but when it comes to repeated personal fouls and intentionally hitting someone by jumping off sides...then the line has been crossed. Remember...most kids go their entire career without geting ONE personal foul. If these kids can be effective and play clean football...then so can Robertson.

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Were you referring to the first part of this post stating that they are only 16-18 yr old kids and should be given some slack or the second part where the kids should be held accountable for their actions. Kudos to the Robertson kid for getting the td and not getting kicked out of the game. In regards to some of his on the field antics this year with the personal fouls and intentional penalties...hopefully Coach Sandifer has cooled his jets a little with some creative discipline. I would be very dissappointed if Sandifer let it go with a slap on the wrist and a wink. Nothing wrong with playing aggressively, but when it comes to repeated personal fouls and intentionally hitting someone by jumping off sides...then the line has been crossed. Remember...most kids go their entire career without geting ONE personal foul. If these kids can be effective and play clean football...then so can Robertson.

Which was exactly my point. However, mnay people on here would rather just make personal attacks at the kid then actually voice that some kind of discipline should be in place by the coach. That was where the discussion got way off topic...

vet93
10-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I agree Adidas...personal attacks were unwarranted.

Which was exactly my point. However, mnay people on here would rather just make personal attacks at the kid then actually voice that some kind of discipline should be in place by the coach. That was where the discussion got way off topic...

wildstangs
10-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I have been saying all year long that Wylie was underrated. Their defense was in Sweetwaters face all night long. I didnt have get a view of the controversial TD, so I dont really have an opinion on that. I was sorry to see the game get out of hand there at the end. I am sure that Coach Jackson and the Mustang staff will see to it that nothing like that happens again.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 09:23 AM

There were a number of posts on the subject. The majority of the posts were of the opinion "if there is a problem (anger problem as the player put it) then it needs to be taken care of". I did find one post that could be considered a personal attack....which is the point that I closed the thread containing the newspaper article.

sweetwater07
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Wylie is one of the most unsportsmanlike teams i might have ever seen......late hits like you wouldnt believe and talking crap and parading our field after the game ....which by the way is against our district rules........this game was a joke!!! I hope the Refs didn't get left behind by the Wylie bus!!!

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Wylie is one of the most unsportsmanlike teams i might have ever seen......late hits like you wouldnt believe and talking crap and prading our field aftre the game ....which by the way is against our distrcit rules........this game was a joke!!! I hope the Refs didn't get left behind by the Wylie bus!!!

Don't sit here and whine so much...you lost...get over it...get ready for your next game or the losses may start to pile up!

HighSchool Fan
10-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Wylie is one of the most unsportsmanlike teams i might have ever seen......late hits like you wouldnt believe and talking crap and parading our field after the game ....which by the way is against our district rules........this game was a joke!!! I hope the Refs didn't get left behind by the Wylie bus!!!

DING DING DING!!! we have a winner, here's the 1st whinner.

wildstangs
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Thats really unnecessary. If Sweetwater would have won you wouldn't be on here saying all of that stuff. Dont make yourself and Sweetwater look bad. Go practice hard and get ready for Snyder.

sweetwater07
10-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Don't sit here and whine so much...you lost...get over it...get ready for your next game or the losses may start to pile up!

of course you would be biased towards your team and i understand that but you have had to been BLIND to not see that your team was playing so unsportsmanlike!!!! it was a joke.........blanantly obvious facemasks to keep green from beaking free..........sounds like yall were either scared that he would break loose or your coach told yall to do that!!!

Ranger Mom
10-08-2005, 02:12 PM
of course you would be biased towards your team and i understand that but you have had to been BLIND to not see that your team was playing so unsportsmanlike!!!! it was a joke.........blanantly obvious facemasks to keep green from beaking free..........sounds like yall were either scared that he would break loose or your coach told yall to do that!!!

Take it up in a PM!

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
DING DING DING!!! we have a winner, here's the 1st whinner.

LOL...:clap: :clap: :clap: We can just let him sit here and dig his own grave. I heard that Wylie hired a hitman to kill off the original refs and put in their own replacements. I think his name was Brick... So that means that "yeah and Brick killed a guy!!!"

Black_Magic
10-08-2005, 02:48 PM
of course you would be biased towards your team and i understand that but you have had to been BLIND to not see that your team was playing so unsportsmanlike!!!! it was a joke.........blanantly obvious facemasks to keep green from beaking free..........sounds like yall were either scared that he would break loose or your coach told yall to do that!!! Hmmmm A 15 yard facemask penalty or a TD...... I will take the facemask penalty . what do the rest of you say? 15 yards or 7 points??:rolleyes:

sweetwater07
10-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Hmmmm A 15 yard facemask penalty or a TD...... I will take the facemask penalty . what do the rest of you say? 15 yards or 7 points??:rolleyes:

I have come to expect nothing more from Snyder............you would say something like that wouldn't you!!!!

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I have come to expect nothing more from Snyder............you would say something like that wouldn't you!!!!

oh my gosh...that's just so classless from Snyder...GAH!!! :eek: :p

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 03:51 PM

we all knew this was coming.

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 03:53 PM

It is so childish to make excuses for a butt whoppin. Wylie did a great job of stringing the backs along the line of scrimmage. Maybe you just finally played a good defense?

Mustangpride09
10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
what i couldnt really understand why we were passing so much with out second string qb.... i mean we have the fastest backfield in the state.....why not use it?

Mustangpride09
10-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I also thought it was utter crap how the fans stayed on our field for 30+ mins after the game (which in UIL regulation thats a disqualification) acting like they just won state.

Black_Magic
10-08-2005, 04:23 PM
I have come to expect nothing more from Snyder............you would say something like that wouldn't you!!!! What planet have you been on. You grab on to what ever you can to make a takle first and foremost. clearly you try to refain from grabing a facemask BUT to make sure he goes nowhere you hang on to what you have. For instance. If a guy is going to beat you deep for a TD and you know it you had better save the TD and Grab the dude. A pass interferance penalty is better than a TD any day. If you grab a facemask or the head in making a takle that is unfortunate but does happen. BUT you dont not make a takle and let the guy go score just to keep from grabing a facemask... Stop crying about it.:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
I also thought it was utter crap how the fans stayed on our field for 30+ mins after the game (which in UIL regulation thats a disqualification) acting like they just won state.

Please show to us all where this is in the UIL rules? I would love to see you find it...:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
10-08-2005, 04:58 PM

how many sweetwater people are gonna keep whinning about stupid stuff?? get over it, your team lost. quit whinning and making excuses.

SwtwtrMstngs04
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Sweetwater07 calm down its not the end of the world we lost but its not the end. dont get on here and make us look like cry babies.

HighSchool Fan
10-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Sweetwater07 calm down its not the end of the world we lost but its not the end. dont get on here and make us look like cry babies.

thank you, hopefully he'll take your advice.

GetRDoneStangs
10-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I think the outcome of this game was not really what we expected .... what happend is done. Maybe this will be a lesson for us and we will be ready to rock snyder next week!

Lets go get em mustangs!!

Show em how we play!
;)

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Snyder, Sweetwater & Wylie folks - calm down with the insults and accusations. There are a select few that are really taking this over the top.

3afan
10-08-2005, 05:36 PM

haha - crybaby! :thumbsup:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I was at the game and the only time I saw unsportsman like actions was in the 4th quarter when Sweetwater knew that they were not going to win. I think Sweetwater started the big rucus, and Wylie was only defending themselves, unfortunatly that got them an offsetting penalty. It was my observation that sweetwater started playing dirty.

mwynn05
10-08-2005, 07:43 PM
adidas and stangs 07 or whatever you s/n is yall are both os biased your opinion doesnt mean a whole lot....Wylie dominated and the better team one but youhave to give sweetwater some slack due to injuries...that wylie touchdown wasnt a fumble from my prospective but regardlessly sweetwater held wylie to 19 points which is pretty good. thats all i have right now

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
adidas and stangs 07 or whatever you s/n is yall are both os biased your opinion doesnt mean a whole lot....Wylie dominated and the better team one but youhave to give sweetwater some slack due to injuries...that wylie touchdown wasnt a fumble from my prospective but regardlessly sweetwater held wylie to 19 points which is pretty good. thats all i have right now

Please feel free to remind me where I have been biased in my posts? When you actually care to post an intelligent argument and not make mindless accusations...then let me know. Until then, only speak of things that you know about...like Wylie beating Cuero! :p j/k...don't crucify me for that one!:D

sweetwater08
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
i wonder what the game would have been liek if the refs called a fair game, and i agree with sweetwater07 i hope they didnt get left by the buses.

44INAROW
10-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Until then, only speak of things that you know about...like Wylie beating Cuero! :p j/k...don't crucify me for that one!:D

:D :D :D :D

mustang04
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
SORRY I HAVENT POSTED YET....

been busy w/ YMCA football all day, but heres my 2 cents worth

wylie came and whipped sweetwater, no other way to put it, even IF the refs woulda called the late hits wylie was making, it wouldnt have affected the score too much, wylies an awesome team and i told that to coach sandifer and case keenum personally, and i hope they dominate D1 again this year

now for the big rucus....sweetwater tackled the holder, and while our guy still had him wrapped up, a wylie player came and hit him from the side, which led to the sweetwater player flipping and slinging the wylie holder with him, YES both teams took cheap shots, i did see wylie give alot of late hits especially #2 and some other number, but some sweetwater players lost their cool a lil too much too, i wish they woulda called the game

on that "fumble" that 54 took for a touchdown....the play was over, the officials were late blowing their whistles all night long anyways and im really glad a wylie or sweetwater player didnt get hurt becuz of it, but the guy was down but subtract those 7 points and wylie still wouldve won

on that pass interference where they "spotted" the ball...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???? ive never heard of a 1 yard pass interference play or however many it was

bottom line, wylie was better last night and they deserved the win with the great group of athletes and the coach they have, i wish the officials coulve been a little better just so the game wouldve seemed fairer, and sweetwater could lose w/ class...CONGRATULATIONS WYLIE!:)

Sweetwater....learn from mistakes, and hopefully yall will get some players back soon (sweetwater always has the worst luck w/ injuries) GO RED!!

mwynn05
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Please feel free to remind me where I have been biased in my posts? When you actually care to post an intelligent argument and not make mindless accusations...then let me know. Until then, only speak of things that you know about...like Wylie beating Cuero! :p j/k...don't crucify me for that one!:D im too lazy to go look and tell you all the crap that was biased

3afan
10-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
...on that pass interference where they "spotted" the ball...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???? ive never heard of a 1 yard pass interference play or however many it was

happens all the time if the pass interference occurs 15 yards or less from the line of scrimmage ... if the line of scrimmage is the 20 and the inteference occurs on the 22, the ball goes on the 22, first down.

mustang04
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
happens all the time if the pass interference occurs 15 yards or less from the line of scrimmage ... if the line of scrimmage is the 20 and the inteference occurs on the 22, the ball goes on the 22, first down. what about when the interference is say...ooo on the 30 and they put it on the 22???

Papa Mustang
10-08-2005, 09:37 PM
To: Adidas410s
Your account was pretty acurate but lets no leave this sounding as though Wylie was lilly white in all of this. Your Mr Robertson was hit with another 15 yard penalty for hitting about 5 yards out of bounds. He's been thrown out of the last two games he played and should have been tossed for that hit. He is a dirty football player and it is really a shame because he may be the most talented defensive lineman that I've seen in a long time. Wylie gave us a spanking and they deserved to win the game but they were every bit as guilty of unsportsmanlike play as Sweetwater was. Those things happen sometimes and it is unfortunate. The are both great teams. I would like to see that game played with all our players able to go. As good as Wylie is, how would they have played without their quarterback, free safety, cornerback and defensive takle. Just some food for thought.

Bandera YaYa
10-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Please show to us all where this is in the UIL rules? I would love to see you find it...:rolleyes: WE were told we couldn't go onto the field after we won state.....so it's some kind of a rule, right?? :thinking:

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 10:13 PM

It isnt against UIL rules. We do it every stadium we go to and we werent acting like we won state. When we did that last year we had about 5000 people on the field and we were really happy.

DOGFAN
10-08-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm really sick of hearing about how dirty Robertson is. He has a bad temper that is an embarassment to our program, but he is not as dirty as everyone makes it sound. I'm pretty sure his first personal foul was the one that got him ejected VS Snyder last year. I've seen the video 20 times & the Snyder kid threw the first punch from behind affter being legally tossed on his butt during the play before it, a very flagrant cheap shot. Since then other teams know to antagonize him, including Graham's disturbed coach. A personal foul is never excusable but the play last night was a case of a hungry DT sprinting to the sideline and hitting a running back still struggling to run. Unfortunately he was just out of bounds and the penalty was totally justified. An intentionally dirty play? 5 yards out of bounds? :rolleyes: We really ought to be careful about making it sound worse than it is when the reputation of a 17 year old kid is on the line. No one is specifically naming names of Sweetwater kids who got flagged and thats how it should be. They were just kids having trouble with frustration issues.

Good luck to a very talented Sweetwater team. You will be hard to beat if you don't dwell on this loss and yes it will help to get some guys back from injury.

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Papa Mustang
To: Adidas410s
Your account was pretty acurate but lets no leave this sounding as though Wylie was lilly white in all of this. Your Mr Robertson was hit with another 15 yard penalty for hitting about 5 yards out of bounds. He's been thrown out of the last two games he played and should have been tossed for that hit. He is a dirty football player and it is really a shame because he may be the most talented defensive lineman that I've seen in a long time. Wylie gave us a spanking and they deserved to win the game but they were every bit as guilty of unsportsmanlike play as Sweetwater was. Those things happen sometimes and it is unfortunate. The are both great teams. I would like to see that game played with all our players able to go. As good as Wylie is, how would they have played without their quarterback, free safety, cornerback and defensive takle. Just some food for thought.

What play was this? I dont remember that call. I didnt see him play dirty last night at all. I will admit he has had som games where he acted way out of hand and threw punches, shich is dirty, but its not the norm. I dont care what some two bit reporter and a loose-lipped teammate said. Did he do anything dirty against Sweetwater last year? No one said anyhting. Its just everyone jumping on the hate bandwagon.

injuredinmelee
10-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
WE were told we couldn't go onto the field after we won state.....so it's some kind of a rule, right?? :thinking:
It is pretty much up to that stadium on who gets on a field. Texas Stadium doesnt like to let people on. Baylor wasnt big on the idea but you cant keep the fans off the field after winning state in my opinion. You can but why?
I think the UIL rule is you must give both teams adequate time to leave the playing field before getting on yourself. I might be wrong.. its happened a couple of times in my life.. like the spring of '72 but I was less than a year...

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
It is pretty much up to that stadium on who gets on a field. Texas Stadium doesnt like to let people on. Baylor wasnt big on the idea but you cant keep the fans off the field after winning state in my opinion. You can but why?
I think the UIL rule is you must give both teams adequate time to leave the playing field before getting on yourself. I might be wrong.. its happened a couple of times in my life.. like the spring of '72 but I was less than a year...

There are two applicable rules in the UIL handbook. The first one states that the officials must be provided a police escort to and from the dressing room, the field, and their cars. The other is that the stadium must file a policy that is approved by the superintendent and certified by the district committee. This policy deals with handling "disturbances" from the fans and/or anybody else not directly involved with the contest.

Adidas410s
10-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
im too lazy to go look and tell you all the crap that was biased

Well then like I said previously, please don't go making uninformed and incorrect accusations when you have no credible information to provide in support of your (in the case erroneous) claim.

mwynn05
10-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Well then like I said previously, please don't go making uninformed and incorrect accusations when you have no credible information to provide in support of your (in the case erroneous) claim. everyone is biased when is comesto the team they support.

Whsdogs
10-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
I'm really sick of hearing about how dirty Robertson is. He has a bad temper that is an embarassment to our program, but he is not as dirty as everyone makes it sound. I'm pretty sure his first personal foul was the one that got him ejected VS Snyder last year. I've seen the video 20 times & the Snyder kid threw the first punch from behind affter being legally tossed on his butt during the play before it, a very flagrant cheap shot. Since then other teams know to antagonize him, including Graham's disturbed coach. A personal foul is never excusable but the play last night was a case of a hungry DT sprinting to the sideline and hitting a running back still struggling to run. Unfortunately he was just out of bounds and the penalty was totally justified. An intentionally dirty play? 5 yards out of bounds? :rolleyes: We really ought to be careful about making it sound worse than it is when the reputation of a 17 year old kid is on the line. No one is specifically naming names of Sweetwater kids who got flagged and thats how it should be. They were just kids having trouble with frustration issues.
Robertson doesnt seem dirty to me...from what i see he only acts after other people act on him...robertson is so good and he gets people so frustrated that they have to retaliate with un neccesary stuff that he does retaliate on and i dont blame him for it...especially the low blows people are givin him on here that dont even know that story
Good luck to a very talented Sweetwater team. You will be hard to beat if you don't dwell on this loss and yes it will help to get some guys back from injury.

Whsdogs
10-09-2005, 02:04 AM
and about the 5 yards out of bouds....you try to stop ur 225 pound frame from stopping after runnin full speed for a heck of a sprinter

HighSchool Fan
10-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
and about the 5 yards out of bouds....you try to stop ur 225 pound frame from stopping after runnin full speed for a heck of a sprinter

players bigger than that do it all the time. if they didn't, there would be late hit penalties all the time.

3afan
10-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
what about when the interference is say...ooo on the 30 and they put it on the 22???

if the line of scrimmage was the 7, interference happenss on the 30, ball goes on the 22 ----- 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. its not like the NFL.

i'm not saying the refs may not have botched on, just 'splainin' the rule

mustang04
10-09-2005, 02:23 PM
if the line of scrimmage was the 7, interference happenss on the 30, ball goes on the 22 ----- 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. its not like the NFL.

i'm not saying the refs may not have botched on, just 'splainin' the rule sry..i left a part out....say the line of scrimmage was the 20, interference on the 30, and they move the ball to the 22....??

those are the exact yard lines from friday night...but thats what happened

Johnny Moxen
10-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Sports Do Not Build Character...They Reveal It
- John Wooden

Ranger_Blue94
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Sweetwater's biggerst problem against Wylie Friday night was the same problem that they had against Snyder last year in the playoffs...everyone in the whole stadium knows where the ball is going to go. We have such great speed that it seems there is the thought that every play should go to the edge and down the sideline. If you watch film, well, you can figure that out. It doesn't matter how fast you are, if there are 3,4 5 guys waiting for you on where you are going, you're not getting away. Speed won't really help you in that situation...unless you're moving at the speed of light.

Other than that, Wylie played a great game and handed the Mustangs more than they could handle in the end. Congratulations to Wylie.

Adidas410s
10-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_Blue94
Sweetwater's biggerst problem against Wylie Friday night was the same problem that they had against Snyder last year in the playoffs...everyone in the whole stadium knows where the ball is going to go. We have such great speed that it seems there is the thought that every play should go to the edge and down the sideline. If you watch film, well, you can figure that out. It doesn't matter how fast you are, if there are 3,4 5 guys waiting for you on where you are going, you're not getting away. Speed won't really help you in that situation...unless you're moving at the speed of light.

Other than that, Wylie played a great game and handed the Mustangs more than they could handle in the end. Congratulations to Wylie.

Their one scoring drive and as well as the one when they threw an INT early in the 3rd quarter...they ran the ball quite effectively up the middle, averaging 7-8 yards per carry. Other than that though it was pretty much options and toss plays to the outside.

Ranger_Blue94
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, if we would run up the middle more often we could be so much more effective with running to the outside. Everytime we run it up the middle we pick up it seems at least 5-6 yards. If we did more of that, and then went for the edge, it would better utilize our speed...but that's just me I guess, and I'm not a coach.