PDA

View Full Version : Braves Even Series

kepdawg
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Atlanta defeated Roger Clemens and the Astros by a 7-1 score to even the series at 1 game a piece.

Let's Go Braves!

Pmoney
10-06-2005, 10:15 PM
We will win in Houston...go Stros

JHS_c/o_06'
10-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Houston......you have a problem.

C'mon Braves....lets bring it home.

AggieJohn
10-07-2005, 12:09 AM
let's bring it home.....what???...you live in texas, traitor

JHS_c/o_06'
10-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Back when i was in the 5th grade....so about 7 years ago.....Wrestling was the big and popular thing in school. You had the 'rivals' in school....the ppl who watched WCW (me) and the ppl who watched WWF. Well.....back then..Ted Turner owned WCW, and the thursday night program (Thursday Thunder) came on right after the baseball game on TBS, well....Ted Turner also owns the Braves....so the braves always played on thursdays before wrestling came on.....and id always catch the last 3-4 innings of the game cause i didnt want to miss a min of wresting seeing as how that was gonna be the big thing to talk about at school the next day :rolleyes: (man those were the days). So after a while i got hooked.....and i started to watch the whole game instead of just the last few inning waiting for another show to come on. And thats how i became a Braves fan.

And that was Ted Turner's plan....not so much the wrestling part, but by broadcasting the braves on the superstation..which i think every cable and dish network carries the superstation, he's tried to turn the Braves into "america's team". And to a decent extent, it's worked. Because i read something (and have witnessed it) that said the braves have the more fans show up at away games then any other team in the MLB. beacuse of the market of TBS and because of all the jobs Ted Turner's company(ies) has spread throughout the country.

AggiesAreWe
10-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Actually, the Chicago Cubs have more away fans than any other MLB team, but whose counting.

shellman54
10-07-2005, 12:02 PM
And when was the last time the Braves had a full stadium for a playoff game? Been a while.............