PDA

View Full Version : biggest surprise ,biggest disappointment

West22
10-06-2005, 09:22 PM
HOW ABOUT THE GOOD AND THE BAD THIS YEAR .BRECKINDIGE BIG SURPRISE ,JASPER BIG LET DOWN. ANY OTHERS ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ?

RMAC
10-06-2005, 11:47 PM
IP, and I'm not just ragging on them cuz they are IP, I figured they'd at least have a .500 record going into district, and really and truly, it's a toss up between everybody except Hirshi.

AggieJohn
10-06-2005, 11:49 PM
jasper is my call

kepdawg
10-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Let's look at Jasper's games so far:

WOS - I thought this would be a hard fought game that could go either way.

PNG - I thought Jasper would lose this game, but they managed to pull it out.

Central - I thought Jasper would win this one, but they managed to get beat.

Newton - Same as WOS. I thought it could go either way.

Bridge City - I thought they would win, but we'll never know.

I thought entering district the best case scenario would be 4-1, the worst case scenario would be 2-3, and the most likely would be 3-2 with them splitting against WOS and Newton, beating Central and BC and losing to PNG.

Perhaps Jasper is a disappointment to many people at this point because many people thought too highly of them entering the season. Jasper did return some very talented players, but also lost a lot. I think most Bulldog fans would tell you that they thought there would be some growing pains, but by the time the playoffs rolled around we would be ready to rock and roll.

We can only wait and see how things turn out, but I still believe that at the end of the season most teams would be willing to trade places with the Bulldogs.

spiveyrat
10-07-2005, 07:57 AM
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Johnny Utah
10-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Surprise----Bellville
Disappointment----Gonzales

jakarta101
10-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Suprise-Lake Worth
Disappointment-Bridgeport

WOS92
10-07-2005, 12:23 PM
The only Jasper loss that caused any head scratching here was the Central game, though they have proven to be much improved. The other two were to teams ranked #2 and #1 in their respective classifications. Jasper should be fine once they qualify for the postseason.

lostaussie
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Northeast texas suprise brownsboro

disappointment i don't know, maybe carthage. i thought they would be more dominating than they have been

gobblerfan02
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
My biggest surprise is the success of the Brahmas of Bellville! Are they now ranked in the top ten, cuz if they aren't, they should be! There in my top ten anyway!
Biggest letdown.....Gilmer losing!

Bull's-eye
10-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Giddings is raising a few eye brows in district 19-3A.

lostaussie
10-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Biggest letdown.....Gilmer losing! i told ya'll before the season started we would not go 10-0 this year. i think it probably did us some good. we shall see. 9-1 going into playoffs, then its a crap shoot.

GreenMonster
10-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
IP, and I'm not just ragging on them cuz they are IP, I figured they'd at least have a .500 record going into district, and really and truly, it's a toss up between everybody except Hirshi.

Gotta agree with you on the disappointment and the summation of the district race.

KingRob
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Giddings is playing good tough football, and Bellville seems to being playing and winning at will. Disappointments: Gonzales and Yoakum, the first should be an up and coming team, the second, always a good Bulldog fight (but not as of late!). BIG SURPRISE: Palacios - Undefeated in week five!! Dang!!:cool:

West22
10-07-2005, 09:48 PM
anybody got any thoughts on monahans?

CHS_CG
10-07-2005, 09:52 PM
let down- not sure, i expected Caldwell and Rockdale to do better!
Big surprise- Hutto and Giddings