PDA

View Full Version : Rangers' New GM

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - John Hart stepped down Tuesday as general manager of the Texas Rangers, clearing the way for 28-year-old Jon Daniels to become the youngest GM in major league history.

Hart's resignation came two days after the Rangers finished 79-83, their third losing season in four years under Hart and their fifth since winning their last AL West title in 1999.
Hart, whose teams won six division titles and twice went to the World Series in his last seven years in Cleveland ending in 2001, will be replaced by Daniels, who at 28 years, 41 days, is about 10 months younger than Theo Epstein was when he became Boston's GM on Nov. 25, 2002. Daniels was promoted from assistant GM and Hart will remain a team consultant.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I hope team consultant means we will pay the rest of your contract but we dont want to see you around the office. Hope young gun can evaluate pitching.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
more posts til I can get a good sig... man i hate it when other people post threads like this...

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
more posts til I can get a good sig... man i hate it when other people post threads like this...

avatars come at 1500... sigs happen the day you sign up

GreenMonster
10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
this new GM is a bigger loser than John Hart. Hart won in Cleveland, with someone else's magnificent farm system. He only left because he traded away all the talent. The Rangers grabbed him up claiming him to be the Savior and all he did was get rid of A-Rod and talk about how good the farm teams looked. We'll see real soon about that farm system. I'm afraid it's all hype.

lostaussie
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
micheal young and mark texiera acted today like this for them was an insignificant move. both stated they had NEVER HAD A CONVERSATION with the gm. that is truly amazing. see ya john. don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you.