PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Shamrock in Sinton is no more

Phil C
10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
It is now called Valero. Times change and move on.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I thought you were going to say that it shut down! It is a regular stop when passing through Sinton....glad to hear it is only a name change...Circle K needs the competition.;)

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I thought you were going to say that it shut down! It is a regular stop when passing through Sinton....glad to hear it is only a name change...Circle K needs the competition.;) Circle K needs to revamp! The parking lot area is a joke, the pumps look shoddy and their nachos just aren't the same!! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Circle K needs to revamp! The parking lot area is a joke, the pumps look shoddy and their nachos just aren't the same!! :D

You think yours is bad...we have 3 of them in AP...all equally run-down.;)

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:02 AM
You think yours is bad...we have 3 of them in AP...all equally run-down.;) but you have Church's chicken and I just close my eyes as I drive thru... :D

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:04 AM
but you have Church's chicken and I just close my eyes as I drive thru... :D

Our Popeye's is better. Red beans and rice, yummy...not to mention their spicy mashed potatoes! :D

KingRob
10-05-2005, 11:11 AM
I remember when Diamond Shamrock would give glasses away when you filled up. My mom collected the whole set!:D

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Our Popeye's is better. Red beans and rice, yummy...not to mention their spicy mashed potatoes! :D eh, not much of a fan of Popeye's and besides they are WAY out there!! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:15 AM
eh, not much of a fan of Popeye's and besides they are WAY out there!! :D

HEY...our Butterchurn is pretty good...finally ate there the other day!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
HEY...our Butterchurn is pretty good...finally ate there the other day!:clap: :clap: :clap: I haven't even gone into the new place. :(

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
While in Sinton, I haven't been to Freddie's in years ... we might need to fix that. From what I remember, their food was really good and reasonably priced!:)

Phil C
10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
We ate at Freddie's the other day. The prices are still reasonable and the food was excellent.

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I gotta say I'm not a fan of Freddie's, but their prices are reasonable. They need a revamp too. :)

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:42 AM
I gotta say I'm not a fan of Freddie's, but their prices are reasonable. They need a revamp too. :)

I guess you could always invite me over for an "authentic" home cooked meal!:D

Are you a good cook?:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM

I dont know about her, but me and htowntransplant can cook you up some gooooood fajitas and ribs :D

now where is the guy when ya need him....

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:47 AM

Are you a good cook?:cool: Sounds like a plan! I am a good cook. Chicken enchilidas are my speciality. :) They melt in your mouth & stick to your butt!!! :evillaugh

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a plan! I am a good cook. Chicken enchilidas are my speciality. :) They melt in your mouth & stick to your butt!!! :evillaugh

finally soeone who knows how to make them right

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I dont know about her, but me and htowntransplant can cook you up some gooooood fajitas and ribs :D

now where is the guy when ya need him....

Mmmmm...now I am getting hungry!:D I like fajitas and chicken enchiladas, but think ribs are too much work and far too messy.

We don't need no sticking to the butt stuff!

Let's see, I could bring the paper/plastic dinnerware and take you to Sonic for dessert!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Mmmmm...now I am getting hungry!:D I like fajitas and chicken enchiladas, but think ribs are too much work and far too messy.

Let's see, I could bring the paper/plastic dinnerware and take you to Sonic for dessert!:D

gotta love boneless ribs, you can eat em with a fork :)

pirate4state
10-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Let's see, I could bring the paper/plastic dinnerware and take you to Sonic for dessert!:D What? You don't make dessert? ;) We'll have to set it up. My friends have been bugging me to make this, but it is STILL to hot to turn that darn oven on!! :mad:

Johnny Utah
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I could be wrong, but Valero and Diamond Shamrock are one in the same!!!! Owned by foreign oil company!!!

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
gotta love boneless ribs, you can eat em with a fork :)

Okay, now I really feel a need to go eat lunch. No more thread "pirating".... for now....:D

P4S, We will definitely have to get together and cook someday...you cook and I watch!:p :kiss:

OnceABucJr
10-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Valero (HQ in San Antonio) bought Diamond Shamrock and is totaly US owned. Circle K features Citgo gas and Citgo is owned by the Venezuela national oil company (Valero was spun off from Coastal States many years ago and the head man, Bill Greehey is an ex-Coastal exec).

Johnny Utah
10-05-2005, 12:17 PM
You are correct, could not remember Citgo!!! Thanks for the correction. I have a brother that works for British Petroleum.

Hannibal
10-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is now called Valero. Times change and move on.

Everyone I know calls it "Mike's".

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Everyone I know calls it "Mike's".

That's a new one for me. Can you explain?

Phil C
10-05-2005, 01:06 PM

Hey AP my son that you met is. So is his mother. In fact the youngest son is even better than me. :D

Phil C
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

I think it is called "Mike's" by some folks because that is the name of the head manager there. I don't know how long he has been there but it has been a while.

Hannibal
10-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

Mike Featherling is the manager there and has been for a long while. If you remember what the store was like before he took it over, you would understand why some people attribute the place to being his.

SINTON81
10-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Our Popeye's is better. Red beans and rice, yummy...not to mention their spicy mashed potatoes! :D

Thier onion rings are also pretty darn good.:)

Phil C
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I do make great banana splits. Phil C the chef! :)

sinfan75
10-05-2005, 09:31 PM
While in Sinton, I haven't been to Freddie's in years ... we might need to fix that. From what I remember, their food was really good and reasonably priced!:) When you go to Freddies ask what they have not what you want. I t ain't like it used to be.:(