PDA

View Full Version : Marlin earns win at uncertain cost

dutchman
10-05-2005, 10:20 AM
From the Waco Tribune Herald:

Marlin earns win at uncertain cost (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2005/10/05/20051005wacchadcol.html)

StatsPlus 3A Central Texas:

It has Individual Softball Stats, but it is for Football
Individual Stats (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/shared/sports/preps/tx/waco/Indiv3A.html#PASS)

On a good note Jeremy Sanders has a 70% passing percentage and 14 touchdowns with 1 interception.

Old Tiger
10-05-2005, 11:11 AM
It doesn't have me for interceptions :(

QuickSix
10-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Your coach has to send that in each week. If he doesn't, it doesn't get in the paper/website.

dutchman
10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I never understand how these writers can continue to get the players' names wrong, the quarterback for Cameron is Byron Scott not Brian Scott. D'nario Alexander from Marlin I can understand, it seems everytime I see his name it is mispelled. Come on people, it is called proofreading.

Steer Fever
10-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah Marlin might have been leading on the scoreboard but both teams had 2 tds and Marlin defence was pitiful they couldn't stop #7 at all that night. I think Marlin underestimated Graham and they were shocked that they were playing with them.

Also all Marlins offence did the Grahams D was big plays a 60 yard run. and a 3rd and long and converted a 4th and long for a td.

This game was going to be a shoot out and come down to the wire it is pretty sad when people are saying it is a win for Marlin when the game had over a half left.

marlin fan
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Way to go bulldogs on the great win over Graham:D :clap: :p

football4life
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
some good stats are at - coach.thsca.com

marlin fan
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Yeah Marlin might have been leading on the scoreboard but both teams had 2 tds and Marlin defence was pitiful they couldn't stop #7 at all that night. I think Marlin underestimated Graham and they were shocked that they were playing with them.

Also all Marlins offence did the Grahams D was big plays a 60 yard run. and a 3rd and long and converted a 4th and long for a td.

This game was going to be a shoot out and come down to the wire it is pretty sad when people are saying it is a win for Marlin when the game had over a half left. Whats sad is how yalls power kept going off LMAO!!!!

theyoefnshow
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Actually, his name IS Brian Scott. Thanks :p

RMAC
10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Whats sad is how yalls power kept going off LMAO!!!!

Yeah, it is, because we were definitely afraid of playing Marlin, in fact, I think I heard my principal saying he was planning on it when we were setting up the blow-up tunnel before the game, come on man, are you in fifth grade?

marlin fan
10-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, it is, because we were definitely afraid of playing Marlin, in fact, I think I heard my principal saying he was planning on it when we were setting up the blow-up tunnel before the game, come on man, are you in fifth grade? nope just a college Kid trying to Keep busy!!!! but if ya want me too i can act like im in 5th grade hehe right chat room crew???:D :p :cool:

MARLINDOGS
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
nope just a college Kid trying to Keep busy!!!! but if ya want me too i can act like im in 5th grade hehe right chat room crew???:D :p :cool: Scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-06-2005, 12:56 AM
nope just a college Kid trying to Keep busy!!!! but if ya want me too i can act like im in 5th grade hehe right chat room crew???:D :p :cool:
he aint lyin

dutchman
10-06-2005, 03:34 AM

This game was going to be a shoot out and come down to the wire it is pretty sad when people are saying it is a win for Marlin when the game had over a half left.

Okay Steer Fever, it was more than enough with your predictions that Graham would win big over Marlin, but did not, so let us set some facts straight for those reading these boards.

Marlin defence was pitiful they couldn't stop #7 at all that night.

After the second series Louder could not find those holes, he had initially and was running east to west rather than north to south.

So now the offense must only run short three yard runs down the field until they score, is this a new rule that you have started? I thought the point of the game was to win, if the man has the ball then you tackle him, the problem seems to be that they could not catch them

it is pretty sad when people are saying it is a win for Marlin when the game had over a half left.

People are not saying this Coach Malone graciously offered to allow Coach McCoy to tell the fans that it was a 0-0 tie. The UIL, and you can take this up with them, awarded Marlin the win, which it should have been in the first place, since it was Graham's problem, not Marlin's

First, Graham gave Marlin the ball thinking that they would do the same thing they did to Abilene Wylie by shutting down their offense. It did not work, it was not a big play that Marlin scored on they walked down the field on the Graham's defense and scored on the first series of plays.

Graham was the big play team with the trick play and pass that got you all down to the three-yard line, even though the receiver was behind the Marlin defender, he still ran him down before he could score.

Secondly, on the second series, Marlin also moved the ball and because Graham does not have any team speed Jeremy went the distance, it is not Marlin's fault that you were unable to catch him in the open field.

Marlin then held Graham on their second series of plays and made them punt the ball away. Marlin then marched down the field to Graham's five-yard line, and the only thing that prevented a score was a fumble. Good play by the defender by the way.

Third, the running back Jeremy Louder is very good, a shifty runner that can find the holes, Graham moved the ball on Marlin down to the 23-yard line before they were stopped - four plays and they could neither get a first down nor score. Marlin did not move the ball on this series and Graham came back and scored.

Marlin then took the kickoff and almost took it to the house with the ball going all the way back to the Graham 35-yard line and the next play Graham gave up twenty yards on a pass up the middle. Marlin was about the score again when the lights went out.

Marlin punted one time the entire night. Graham punted at least twice that I can remember.

So for you to continue with your crying that Marlin should not have won, they were leading when your lights went out.

Graham has a good team, but they were not going to beat Marlin that night.

In addition, the team is not as big as they were last year and that may be a good thing for Graham. They have enough weapons to be competitive, but will lose as soon as they meet up with a team with more team speed.

If you want to dispute any of the facts then back it up, otherwise just be happy that the final score was only 14-12, because it could have been worse, and then you really would not have come back to the board.

Personally, I do not think you speak for the Graham team, they have more class than that, but because you do not like the fact that your team lost after the big win over Abilene Wylie, now you are making excuses.

A better team beat you. I did not see any of the Wylie fans on here making excuses about the loss. That comes with character, as you find that sometimes there are better teams that night and they will beat you, if you let up for a second.

By the Way: I will getting the game on DVD, so maybe you would prefer that a neutral third party view the game and give their opinon. Please respond.

dutchman
10-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Actually, his name IS Brian Scott. Thanks :p

My apologies to Mr. Scott.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2005, 10:53 AM
It sucks when a game gets called because of a storm or lights out whatever. Then who won? Who was winning at the time? This happened to Vernon and Sweetwater several years ago.

Sweetwater stopped the Lions on the first drive. 3 and out. Vernon punts and the Mustangs fumble it and the Lions recover at about the 40 yardline. Next play the Mustangs misalighn and Vernon pops a 40 yard TD run. Storm comes and game gets cancelled. The mustangs o never even gets the ball.

The Coaches called it 0-0. The players were mad because they wanted to play that game and there was no winner. Well whouldn't you know these same two teams meet up in the playoffs. Vernon wins 6-3. The next game I notice that Vernon's win / loss record reflects an extra win. It was that Sweetwater game that was called early. I guess they claimed it after they beat the Mustangs in a full game. Go figure~

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2005, 10:54 AM
For you Marlin Posters....

I say Graham won! They would have made it up in the second half! :)

Thank you very much!

RMAC
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah Z, show the love

dutchman
10-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
For you Marlin Posters....

I say Graham won! They would have made it up in the second half! :)

Thank you very much!

That is very kind of you to stick up for teams in your district, but it does not matter what you think, if Graham had taken care of this problem in the first place we would not be having this discussion. Some of the fans from Graham were mad because they apparently knew this could be a potential problem, but chose to ignore it. You can talk about what Graham would have done in the second half, but their school did not give them that chance, it was not Marlin's problem to deal with. The record books say a Marlin win and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it. Vernon might make the playoffs this year if they can get past Iowa Park, because they probably will lose to Graham and Breckenridge.

Steer Fever
10-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Dutchman yeah yall were leading after a quarter and a half you dont know what could have happened the rest of the game and i think Graham shut down Marlins RBthe whole game and the first drive watch it yall were in 3rd and long tice and 4th down and long and scored on that play your a genius you know that. I really would have liked to see the second half.

One thing dont say we dont HAVE ANY CLASS B/C YOUR PLAYERS WERE CRYING EVERYTIME WE TACKLED THEM AND TRYING TO START STUFF.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
That is very kind of you to stick up for teams in your district, but it does not matter what you think, if Graham had taken care of this problem in the first place we would not be having this discussion. Some of the fans from Graham were mad because they apparently knew this could be a potential problem, but chose to ignore it. You can talk about what Graham would have done in the second half, but their school did not give them that chance, it was not Marlin's problem to deal with. The record books say a Marlin win and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it. Vernon might make the playoffs this year if they can get past Iowa Park, because they probably will lose to Graham and Breckenridge.

Dutch:

I really don't know much about Marlin and I wasn't at the game. I was just being cute because so many people on this particular discussion were talking up a Marlin win. However that being said, Graham showed in a half that they can play with the Bulldogs. I don't know what happened on the extra points for Graham but had this game continued Graham would have been in it. No one can say who would have won because the game wasn't played. Remember the week prior the Steers take down Abilene Wylie and then run with Marlin for a half. Looks like the Steers are now putting this new system together. Give them their due. Wylie is a very good football team and from what I do know about Marlin they are also. So go ahead and include Graham in the good team column. I don't know if Marlin will go DI but Graham will. Maybe a rematch will be in the cards.

As far as Vernon I would suspect you know very little about them and probably haven't seen them play this year. I would say that your opinion of their impending losses to Graham and Breck are not based on anything tangible. That makes it look like you are taking a shot at my team simply because of what I wrote about Marlin. BTW I don’t smoke a pipe. :)

Bullaholic
10-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Z Motion...I expressed my disappointment in this game's early cancellation in an earlier thread, also. I just hope that Graham will contact Marlin for a non-district game in Marlin next year to "settle" the speculation about this year's game. That would be appropriate. IMO, Marlin gets the win on "paper" but I could not declare a "winner" in this game.

RMAC
10-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm confused about this. . . so if the UIL gives Marlin the win, then that means that we got the loss, which brings us to 3-3. I'm not sure how all of this works.

dutchman
10-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Dutchman yeah yall were leading after a quarter and a half you dont know what could have happened the rest of the game and i think Graham shut down Marlins RBthe whole game and the first drive watch it yall were in 3rd and long tice and 4th down and long and scored on that play your a genius you know that. I really would have liked to see the second half.

One thing dont say we dont HAVE ANY CLASS B/C YOUR PLAYERS WERE CRYING EVERYTIME WE TACKLED THEM AND TRYING TO START STUFF.

Everything that Steer Fever states in this post is true, yes the bulldogs have cried during every game they have played, this was the cause of the lights going out tears all over the place, makes it hard to follow them

dutchman
10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Z Motion...I expressed my disappointment in this game's early cancellation in an earlier thread, also. I just hope that Graham will contact Marlin for a non-district game in Marlin next year to "settle" the speculation about this year's game. That would be appropriate. IMO, Marlin gets the win on "paper" but I could not declare a "winner" in this game.

Seriously doubt it, specualtion or not, if graham wants to travel to marlin for two years, i think coach malone can accommodate them. of course i speak as a fan and have absolutely no say in the matter.

Bullaholic
10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Seriously doubt it, specualtion or not, if graham wants to travel to marlin for two years, i think coach malone can accommodate them. of course i speak as a fan and have absolutely no say in the matter.

That's true, Dutch, we do re-align next year and would have to schedule for 2 years. Maybe, they could do home-home. Of course, that would have Marlin making 2-trips away to 1. Would just like to see these two teams play 4 quarters somewhere---even a "neutral" site.

dutchman
10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Dutch:

I really don't know much about Marlin and I wasn't at the game. I was just being cute because so many people on this particular discussion were talking up a Marlin win. However that being said, Graham showed in a half that they can play with the Bulldogs. I don't know what happened on the extra points for Graham but had this game continued Graham would have been in it. No one can say who would have won because the game wasn't played. Remember the week prior the Steers take down Abilene Wylie and then run with Marlin for a half. Looks like the Steers are now putting this new system together. Give them their due. Wylie is a very good football team and from what I do know about Marlin they are also. So go ahead and include Graham in the good team column. I don't know if Marlin will go DI but Graham will. Maybe a rematch will be in the cards.

As far as Vernon I would suspect you know very little about them and probably haven't seen them play this year. I would say that your opinion of their impending losses to Graham and Breck are not based on anything tangible. That makes it look like you are taking a shot at my team simply because of what I wrote about Marlin. BTW I don?t smoke a pipe. :)

actually no but marlin fans have defended marlin. west22 who i do not know if they are a marlin fan or not, i do see him or her posting polls and about marlin and starting messages where i have to defend marlin. it is true that i know nothin about vernon and probably follow the same sites that you do and that was where i got my information, it has been fairly correct for the past three years give or take a game of two. and yes i was taking a shot at vernon because you involved yourself in a conversation as though you were at the game, i saw that vernon had a open date and took it that your comments were in reference to that. turns out that you just making things up, so your credibility in anything else does not really matter.

West22
10-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Dutchman .I am very familar with the Marlin team ,living in the cen tex area and having played against them many years ago when they were in our district <west >.Marlin and Chilton <class a> are the only real good teams in cen tex with maybe Cameron the exception .Marlin has to travel to play, for the local teams dont wont to schedule them .Marlin year after year fields a good team which should speak for themselves .After Graham beat Wylie it was a big thing, but after the Marlin victory over Graham it was suppose to be just luck .Well folks Marlin must be lucky for they sure win alot .I feel by the end of the year our friends to the south will be singing a different song .

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2005, 08:05 PM
it is true that i know nothing about Vernon and probably follow the same sites that you do and that was where i got my information, it has been fairly correct for the past three years give or take a game of two.

I hope I'm not dealing with a junior high poster because obviously you do not know Vernon Football. FYI: Two years ago Vernon won Region I beating Decatur, Sweetwater and Kennedale in rout to that title. Four years ago they went DI and were beat in the regional final. The Lions are former State Champions and have been to the semi finals 5 times in the past 15 years. Over the course of the last 20 years they won or shared something like 15 district titles in a row.

Please~

turns out that you just making things up, so your credibility in anything else does not really matter.

What???? Making what up???? Let me have you notice how long I have been posting on this board. Ok over the course of all these years I would suggest that I do have a little bit of credibility here. Why can't you just say that Graham has a good team and it was and would have been an interesting game?

dutchman
10-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Graham has a good team and it would have been an interesting game.

dutchman
10-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by West22
Dutchman .I am very familar with the Marlin team ,living in the cen tex area and having played against them many years ago when they were in our district <west >.Marlin and Chilton <class a> are the only real good teams in cen tex with maybe Cameron the exception .Marlin has to travel to play, for the local teams dont wont to schedule them .Marlin year after year fields a good team which should speak for themselves .After Graham beat Wylie it was a big thing, but after the Marlin victory over Graham it was suppose to be just luck .Well folks Marlin must be lucky for they sure win alot .I feel by the end of the year our friends to the south will be singing a different song .

West22, thanks for the support, but when someone states that the score will be whatever and then it does not turn out that way, it would be nice to have the one that started the post at least defend their position. I have made such statements and when they are wrong I admit it. In the future when you post something like that at least come back and defend your position. The dawgs can use all the support they can get.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Graham has a good team and it would have been an interesting game.

ok you are a good sport and I take back the junior high comment.

MARLINDOGS
10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
ok you are a good sport and I take back the junior high comment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

marlin fan
10-07-2005, 07:44 AM
YAY so are he a big happy family again???? lol i gotta go to work :(.... GO DAWGS BEAT MEXIA!!! ill be there by the you know what MarlinDogs and Dutchmen :) lol

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2005, 08:11 AM
YAY so are he a big happy family again???? lol i gotta go to work :(.... GO DAWGS BEAT MEXIA!!! ill be there by the you know what MarlinDogs and Dutchmen :) lol

You're such a band nerd. :p