PDA

View Full Version : Half of American men are confused.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Burn! The Top 3 Worst Insults for Men

Men are confused. Very, very confused. They have no clue about their societal role. Are they supposed to be tough and macho or sweet and caring? When 2,000 men in 13 countries were grilled by the Chicago ad agency Leo Burnett with a bunch of survey questions in the "2005 Man Study," it was easy to see that males worldwide fell into one of four categories, depending on their personality, life goals and daily work:
1. Metros
2. Retros
3. Patriarchs
4. Power-seekers
The study concluded that we are now witnessing a new experience of male insecurity and confusion, report The New York Post and Brand Republic. That said, men's sense of what's offensive has certainly become more sensitive than in previous generations. Nearly 75 percent said one of these three statements was the greatest insult someone could throw at them:
--29 percent say: "He'll never amount to anything."
--24 percent say: "Everyone laughs behind your back."
--21 percent say: "You're stupid."
Some surprising findings:
--Just over half of the men surveyed said their role in society is unclear. Frenchmen are the most confused at 64 percent, while Indian men are the least confused at 36 percent. Half of American men are confused.
--10 percent of men of all ages think their role in society is becoming less dominant.
--73 percent of men prefer to have a job that they love versus a job that pays well.
The ultimate male fantasies were ranked in this (surprising) order:
1. End world hunger.
2. Be a world famous sports star.
3. Marry a supermodel.
What is the cause of this global identity crisis? The study authors blame it on the rise of feminism and empowered women in the workplace. The study findings were reported at the Cannes International Advertising Festival.

Phil C
10-05-2005, 08:57 AM
It's a tough confusing world ain't it? :)

Bullaholic
10-05-2005, 09:24 AM
And here I always thought we were just "propagation" machines, AP......

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Well guys, gotta tell you .... I was impressed with the fact that you would rather end world hunger or be a sports star over marrying a super model.:nerd: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Well guys, gotta tell you .... I was impressed with the fact that you would rather end world hunger or be a sports star over marrying a super model.:nerd: :D

I think many of the DL men were excluded from this poll. ;)

KingRob
10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm confused by this thread. Who am I? Where am I? When will Cuero play again?:confused: :confused:

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Amen to that. I am guessing that the choices were predetermined and the males were allowed to pick from a short list.

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Worst insult:

From "ROADHOUSE" said to Patrick Swayze :

"I thought you would be bigger"

gobblerfan02
10-05-2005, 01:47 PM
IF THE MEN ARE CONFUSED, IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE **** WE HAVE TO PUT UP FROM YOU WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
IF THE MEN ARE CONFUSED, IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE **** WE HAVE TO PUT UP FROM YOU WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

A man said to his wife one day, "I don't know how you can be so stupid and so beautiful all at the same time. The wife responded, "Allow me to explain. God made me beautiful so you would be attracted to me; God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you!
;)

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Worst insult:

From "ROADHOUSE" said to Patrick Swayze :

"I thought you would be bigger"
Was Sam Elliots character in that movie the best role or what? I still love the way he brushed the hair out of his eyes and used the word Amigo before beating the crap out of someone.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
A man said to his wife one day, "I don't know how you can be so stupid and so beautiful all at the same time. The wife responded, "Allow me to explain. God made me beautiful so you would be attracted to me; God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you!
;)

Ouch that stung!

gobblerfan02
10-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
;)

Which email did you take that from Kel?!

LogieJoeBean001
10-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I'm 99.9% sure that NO men from Texas were included in this poll.

Oh, and I forgot....only HALF of American men? Would've thought it'd been a much higher percentage!

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Was Sam Elliots character in that movie the best role or what? I still love the way he brushed the hair out of his eyes and used the word Amigo before beating the crap out of someone.

I agree....I liked Sam Elliott in this movie alot more than Patrick Swayze. Swayze needs to stick to Dirty Dancing.:D

Ranger Mom
10-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Which email did you take that from Kel?!

HUH??